Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2008, 18:05   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1)

And now it Linea was to come in December. There were many who claimed that Fiat has something good in store so they are coming in December, and not its Jan 14. I am sure M & M will take the attention with Xylo on Jan 13.
If Fiat believe Xylo can overshadow Linea than they are probably contemplating offering India a very inferior product (and not the same as in Europe!)
I cant think of any other reason for Fiat fearing Xylo!!!
Old 22nd December 2008, 18:05   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishsegar View Post
Guys at Fiat: Please do sell this car before it gets branded as a classic
ROTFLMAO

Quote:
1) Tata-Fiat JV and handling the servicing to Tata is one more nail in the coffin I think.
I'm not sure how Palio and Fiat owners are being treated at Tata service centers [I don't have any first hand experience of first hand reports] but from seeing claims of service backup from Tata for Fiat vehicles here on the forum, it looks like Tata has gained more from the JV [undoubtedly and already] than Fiat has or will, from Tata [as of how things are today].

Quote:
I am sure M & M will take the attention with Xylo on Jan 13.
Haha. True. And then Fiat probably will delay the launch of Linea again, citing other launches are disturbing their's [Xylo on 13th & Linea on 14th Jan] and they will launch their vehicle in the market, at a more appropriate time [like they did in Sept (or was it october?) when the latest Honda City launched]
Old 22nd December 2008, 18:21   #213
BHPian

Blue&Me

Guys,

I found some details about Blue&Me on FIAT's UK site - so thought of uploading it here for everyone to read.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Blue&Me.pdf (288.9 KB, 2118 views)
Old 22nd December 2008, 18:34   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
Guys,

I found some details about Blue&Me on FIAT's UK site - so thought of uploading it here for everyone to read.
Nice reading. I believe that too much attention is now a days payed to music rather than driving. I would prefer to have much more flexible adjustment of steering wheel in Linea. Anyways, it a nice effort from Fiat to offer these systems.
Old 22nd December 2008, 19:05   #215
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
There can be all sorts of reasons for Fiat to remove the 14th Jan launch date from their site.
First, they wouldn't have expected Fiesta to give so much discount and thus they would be waiting for the Fiesta discounts to end.
Second, Xylo would be launched on 13th Jan and thus they wouldn't want to confuse customers.
Third, they may suspect some blast around the 26th Jan as it always happens in India and thus planning to grieve.
Fourth, waiting for the i20 launch so that they would know the price, specs and customer response to that.
Ha! You missed Nano & Splash. And ofcourse the facelifted Innova is to be launced and today i ready Ford is planning to launch new Fiesta in 2010. Lot more launches in the pipeline, and poor Fiat is not getting a date in the melee....
They will be ready for launch by Diwali (if everything goes well)
Old 22nd December 2008, 20:22   #216
Senior - BHPian

This is for all those ranting about Fiat delaying December launch.

I would love to know how many of these work for a corporate (MNC or Indian). I would also love to know if your company has changed its strategy post October economic meltdown. (If you are still a lucky youngster doing your studies, I am fine with the rant).

If the answer is affirmative, then it's better to understand that, M&M, Fiat, Tata is doing just the same. Not doing so would be suicidal.

If the answer is negative, either your company has out-of-world business model which makes this meltdown completely irrelevant, or your executive management is too lethargic or dumb to change its strategies.
Old 22nd December 2008, 20:39   #217
Senior - BHPian

it seems like Fiat will be launching the Linea at the "Mumbai Auto show" which is to be held from Jan 15-18.
Old 23rd December 2008, 08:20   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
I am one of them! 1st palio 1.2 owner in cochin. Loved the car to bits. Was blown away by the VFM of 3.2 lakh price tag(then) for such a spacious car, that rode better than sedans available then, and was solidly put together.
Then...a few months down the line, after the euphoria wore off, I started getting bugged by the embarassingly wide turning radius, the poor engine response, relatively poor visibility. The car still drove beautifully on the highways, with a mileage of 11kmpl(while the same highways were being dispatched by my bro's M800 at 21kmpl).
A year down the line, TVS-Fiat service is killing me with their inefficiency, rudeness and sheer stupidity.
Car stays at TVS more than it does with me, because the spares never get to cochin on time(for eg- front left suspension component takes 2 months)
We have had enough by now, sell it to an unsuspecting buyer who pays a wierd price for a "doctor owned" car that is among the 1st few in the 2nd hand market.
No more FIAT for me, thank you.

I really doubt TVS-Fiat at cochin is still an authorised dealer. As far as I know, RF motors provides the best service for fiats. Some bhpians have also confirmed the same. I dont see any reason in sticking with TVS-Fiat not only in cochin, but anywhere in India since they are well known for their notorious service.
I have personally experienced the same in trivandrum. But I would rank the new authorised Kulathunkal motors 100 times better than TVS even though its not the best.
Old 23rd December 2008, 10:59   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
This is for all those ranting about Fiat delaying December launch.

I would love to know how many of these work for a corporate (MNC or Indian). I would also love to know if your company has changed its strategy post October economic meltdown. (If you are still a lucky youngster doing your studies, I am fine with the rant).

If the answer is affirmative, then it's better to understand that, M&M, Fiat, Tata is doing just the same. Not doing so would be suicidal.

If the answer is negative, either your company has out-of-world business model which makes this meltdown completely irrelevant, or your executive management is too lethargic or dumb to change its strategies.
Who are you to teach corporate mantra and all that? Wherever you work, if you cannot be on par with the rest of the folks in the same field, you are out of business and draw flakes from the customers.

If you had just arrived from another planet, let me summarize. Tata launched Vista on time. Honda launched Honda City (all new one, unlike Linea which was already launched in 2006 and is just to be reproduced here in India). Toyota launched Altis (yes, there was a delay of a month, but they were prompt to announce the date and put a teaser). Maruti launched A star, with a teaser site. M&M delayed Xylo launch, but they announced the date and put a teaser as well. All these happened when the economy is bad, when Fiat was technically ready to go for production and launch of Linea right from September. Did I miss anything else? Anyway, this must give you enough update as you have just arrived from another planet.
Old 23rd December 2008, 11:13   #220
BHPian

Guys pls relax. Fiat is going to launch Linea on 14th Jan & thats confirmed. TBHP mambers are getting mailers.

They wanted to delay it they delayed. We cannot do anything.If the product has potential It will sell. No company is here to make losses.

We cannot simply call them fools just because they delayed the launch.

Mahindra has been testing Xylo from more than 2 yrs & they also postponed the launch firstly because of some quality issues & then because of Mumbai attacks.

Sh**s happen!
Old 23rd December 2008, 11:34   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Who are you to teach corporate mantra and all that? Wherever you work, if you cannot be on par with the rest of the folks in the same field, you are out of business and draw flakes from the customers.

If you had just arrived from another planet, let me summarize. Tata launched Vista on time. Honda launched Honda City (all new one, unlike Linea which was already launched in 2006 and is just to be reproduced here in India). Toyota launched Altis (yes, there was a delay of a month, but they were prompt to announce the date and put a teaser). Maruti launched A star, with a teaser site. M&M delayed Xylo launch, but they announced the date and put a teaser as well. All these happened when the economy is bad, when Fiat was technically ready to go for production and launch of Linea right from September. Did I miss anything else? Anyway, this must give you enough update as you have just arrived from another planet.
You missed the press release by the Fiat CEO about postponing the Linea launch and also the same was put up in their website.

Now that there is no official confirmation about further changes in the release dates why make it an issue to pass biased comments on Fiat!
Old 23rd December 2008, 11:41   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you had just arrived from another planet, let me summarize. Tata launched Vista on time. Honda launched Honda City (all new one, Toyota launched Altis (yes, there was a delay of a month, but they were prompt to announce the date and put a teaser). Maruti launched A star, with a teaser site. M&M delayed Xylo launch, but they announced the date and put a teaser as well.
Vista, ANHC, Altis were all launched before the slowdown. I still don't understand why M&M are not getting any flak for delaying the Xylo?! You say they delayed but announced the new date. Well, so did Fiat! Just because the ticker on their site changed from "Coming on 14th January" to "Coming soon" we have all gone ballastic with conspiracy theory's on how it has been further delayed!

Sure, Honda launched the ANHC but why have they now stopped production?

I suggest you tone down your language. That post of yours has gone pretty personal.
Old 23rd December 2008, 11:51   #223
BHPian

Quote:
when Fiat was technically ready to go for production and launch of Linea right from September. Did I miss anything else? Anyway, this must give you enough update as you have just arrived from another planet.
Is there any official word from FIAT that they are technically ready for the launch. Every thing is created by the forum with lot assumptions and inside information. Fiat has given date to 16th December and press release correcting the date to 14 Jan.

You can not blame FIAT for deeds that they have not done.

-BSR
Old 23rd December 2008, 13:52   #224
BHPian

By all accounts they have started the production so they can't take the produced cars back to Italy or sell them in Afghanistan without selling here . So they will sell in India sooner or later . However I do not buy the line of Terror Attack as both Taj and Trident which took the full brunt of attack are back in business on 21st Dec.
Old 23rd December 2008, 14:06   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I suggest you tone down your language. That post of yours has gone pretty personal.
Sorry Amit. The tone of RX135 was equally provocative and sort of derogating the mindsets of many who are waiting for Linea launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rao_battula View Post
Is there any official word from FIAT that they are technically ready for the launch. Every thing is created by the forum with lot assumptions and inside information. Fiat has given date to 16th December and press release correcting the date to 14 Jan.

You can not blame FIAT for deeds that they have not done.

-BSR
No BSR. It was not created by forum. Fiat spokespersons made announcements through media that they would start the production in August and launch in September. It was only in August end that their another official announcement through media said that they were technically ready for production and launch, but waiting for an appropriate time. And then the December date came up. Then Jan 14. Now, we don't know if that is going to happen or not.

If at all Jan 14 is final (which I hope it is), why would they remove it from their web site? Why don't they just keep a teaser or at least an official date on the site? If some people in this forum are going to claim that we are expecting too much from Fiat, that is not true. I'm expecting what other manufacturers would have done. Other companies quietly make cars and launch all of a sudden while Fiat has been simply making statements after statements. That is the truth.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks