Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2009, 10:32   #91
BHPian

Look Guys - what I got for you...

Hello everyone!

I was sorting out some old papers at home - papers which I had collected over all these years of existence...and lo and behold - I found a Tata Sierra Turbo Ad which I had 'lovingly and longingly' kept with me - I had wanted this Beast immediately but since, I could not afford it then, I decided to make do with the glossy advertisement.

And today, when I have both the Sierra and the 2.2 Vtt Ex 4x4, I found this ad tucked away in a corner.

The newspaper is The Hindustan Times, dated 28th December, 1997 and this was the front page of the Sunday Magazine!

Enjoy and archive...all you Sierra fans outta there!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Tata Sierra-sierra_ad.jpg  

asejwal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th March 2009, 12:08   #92
BHPian

@asejwal : That was one of the best pic that you have added on to my collection. Thanks very much for that.

I was planning to put a similar crash on my front with 2 or 4, 6inch DENJI lights which i will be importing.

The light comes with the 130 W Hella H3 bulbs, heavy duty wiring kit, clear lens , mount and rocker switch. The body is made of plastic to avoid rusting.
Old 16th March 2009, 17:30   #93
BHPian

asejwal good find dude... really appreciate your luv & effection to the Beast....
Old 18th March 2009, 10:59   #94
BHPian

Guys, words cannot explain my passion for the TATA SIERRA...

In fact, I have just bought the 2.2 Ex Vtt 4x4 - a Pearl White Safari and I am not exaggerating - but the Safari just cannot beat the Sierra - the Sierra handles much better, the turning radius is much smaller, the view from inside the vehicle is so much more 'convenient',...

I do not mean to say that the Safari is not a good vehicle but the Sierra was a class apart!

I'll be adding more pics from my collection soon...not necessarily pics of my Sierra but which I have 'collected' over all these years...Am I permitted to post others' vehicles' pics according to forum rules!?!
Old 18th March 2009, 16:03   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asejwal View Post
Guys, words cannot explain my passion for the TATA SIERRA...

I'll be adding more pics from my collection soon...not necessarily pics of my Sierra but which I have 'collected' over all these years...Am I permitted to post others' vehicles' pics according to forum rules!?!
Hey Man

I guess it should be fine as long as its not copyrighted . Mods pls suggest
Old 23rd March 2009, 09:32   #96
BHPian

More pics...

Hi people out there!

Till the time Mods take their sweet time replying to this query about posting pics of other owners' vehicles, I am attaching some more photos of my beast for your viewing pleasure! Enjoy...
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Tata Sierra-19032009102.jpg  

Pics: Tata Sierra-19032009103.jpg  

Pics: Tata Sierra-19032009104.jpg  

Pics: Tata Sierra-19032009105.jpg  

Pics: Tata Sierra-19032009106.jpg  

Pics: Tata Sierra-19032009111.jpg  

Pics: Tata Sierra-20032009112.jpg  

asejwal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2009, 12:13   #97

Tyre Treads for Sierra front Tyres

Hi Folks!!

Nice pictures asejwal ...

I have a query regarding the Tyre treads in Sierra.. till date most of the Sierras I have come across, have cross treads very common (I see the same with your vehicle as well) ..... a week back I had an interaction with a Ex-TML person.. he told me Sierra was originally done with straight Linear Treads and handling / turning is much fine and easy with those tyres..

Just wanted to know if anyone of you had any of such experience with Treads..
Old 23rd March 2009, 13:30   #98
BHPian

@asejwal -- good pics mate. Post the pics of Sierra's that you have collected till Mods warn you

@dratnaparkhi

I am not sure who can be the right person to answer your question as i cant find any Sierra's in this thread with Linear treads. I think hillram is having linear tread(not sure though). Anyways good info and question.
Old 30th March 2009, 17:31   #99
BHPian

My 2002 Tata Sierra Turbo. 142K on the odo.

@ Viju - thanks for the SA contact at Prerana you had posted, he helped me good.

@vishnu7185 - where did you get the interiors done and how much did they cost you? I need to get my interiors redone too.

Any Sierra owners having a owners/workshop manual either hard or soft copy? I am trying to find one for sometime now.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Tata Sierra-img_1844.jpg  

Pics: Tata Sierra-img_1847-copy.jpg  

Old 30th March 2009, 23:47   #100
BHPian

I present my Sierra Turbo

Despite being a member of team-bhp for more than 2 years and been accessing these pages for nearly 3 years, I have managed to post only less than 25 times. Anytime I accessed a thread, it looked as if everything that I felt like saying has already been stated. This resulted in me being a newbie even after 3 years preventing me from adding my own garage.

But now vishnu7185's pm has changed my mind about posting pictures and this 'small' intro about my passion - my Sierra Turbo:
Model- Turbo Dec 1997 manufactured
Mileage- 35K kms after engine overhauling, therefore approx 200K kms done overall.

The G76 gear box is unopened, so is the differential.

Everything else has been overhauled/changed by me.

New radiator, new a/c compressor, new Spicer propeller shaft, two Michelin XTT ATs and two BFGs and a Goodyear Wrangler for spare.

K&N E-9033 replcement filter which I clean myself whenever it becomes dusty.
All four shock absorbers are Bilsteins I imported directly from US and rear coil springs are Safari rear coil springs.

Interior painting, under chasis coating and cavity waxing done from Wuerth. Sound deadening pads on door panels and long side panels and luggage floor. Thermocol lining and woolen carpet and new style mats for interior.

For ICE- Sony head unit, Pioneer 6X9 at rear and Soundsteram 4'' speakers in front with Sony 12'' sub-woofer and Sony 2ch amp.

The most recent addition has been a Cobalt voltmeter.
Next what am looking forward to is a navigation system.

At the moment I have some older pictures which am posting now. Shall add newer ones and some interior pictures too.

Thanks to vishnu7185 for bringing this thread to my notice. I always thought of the section on 4X4 as one ruled by owners of mightier monsters and one not for the humble Sierra.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Tata Sierra-sierrafrontlow.jpg  

Pics: Tata Sierra-sierrarightside.jpg  

Old 30th March 2009, 23:58   #101
BHPian

I have a copy of owners manual for turbo/non-turbo with me which can be sent to ones who want it. the wiring diagram is also present but Telco had given it only for non-turbo. infact the manual for turbo is one with a supplement added to non-turbo version!
Old 31st March 2009, 00:31   #102
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijuvarghese View Post
my Sierra Turbo:
Model- Turbo Dec 1997 manufactured
Mileage- 35K kms after engine overhauling, therefore approx 200K kms done overall.
Wow, with the new T badge on the grill and the overall somewhat changed looks of this Sierra, it really for once at first glance looked as if TM has launched the 2009 Tata Sierra. The market is mature and ready for a 7 lakh Tata Sierra 4-door 2.2 Dicor 4wd.

Thanks for posting those pictures and waiting for more.

Last edited by adc : 31st March 2009 at 00:49.
Old 31st March 2009, 01:22   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asejwal View Post
Sure you can as long as the plates are blanked out and the vehicle is photographed on public roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijuvarghese View Post
Thanks to vishnu7185 for bringing this thread to my notice. I always thought of the section on 4X4 as one ruled by owners of mightier monsters and one not for the humble Sierra.
Are you kidding man? Sierra stands out like no other....and I'd have to say yours is simply mind boggling. For sure the body is repainted?

Last edited by Mpower : 1st April 2009 at 17:47.
Old 31st March 2009, 10:52   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Sure you can as long as the plates are blanked out and the vehicle is photographed on public roads.
O.K. now that we have approval from our esteemed Mods, I shall begin to post mind-boggling pics of the 'father' of the Safari - THE SIERRA. Here' a teaser...
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Tata Sierra-tata1.jpg  

Old 31st March 2009, 11:31   #105
BHPian

Hey guys , since i am from the sierra family too, i should do my bit. Its a 97 std model, later i replaced the engine with a toyota 2.4 d. with toyota gearbox.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Tata Sierra-dsc01984.jpg  

Pics: Tata Sierra-dsc01913.jpg  

Abbas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed