Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2009, 14:13   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddvi View Post
@vishnu7185 - where did you get the interiors done and how much did they cost you? I need to get my interiors redone too.
Hey siddvi - i have done this at my native and it cost me 5k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijuvarghese View Post

Everything else has been overhauled/changed by me.

new a/c compressor

All four shock absorbers are Bilsteins I imported directly from US and rear coil springs are Safari rear coil springs.

Interior painting, under chasis coating and cavity waxing done from Wuerth. Sound deadening pads on door panels and long side panels and luggage floor. Thermocol lining and woolen carpet and new style mats for interior.

The most recent addition has been a Cobalt voltmeter.
Next what am looking forward to is a navigation system.
hey viju

Well maintained bull man

Need some info on your work man.
  1. whats the new compressor make and hows the cooling with the new one.cost if you have?
  2. Bilsteins shocks and its specs and price. Any website through which we can place the order. The safari coils are they direct fit and how much did they cost you?
Would love to see the interiors and the work done. post more pics man.
Old 31st March 2009, 14:18   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
Hey guys , since i am from the sierra family too, i should do my bit. Its a 97 std model, later i replaced the engine with a toyota 2.4 d. with toyota gearbox.
Hey Abbas- Well maintained one. The toyota gearbox you replaced , is it a 4x4 one?
Old 31st March 2009, 15:09   #108
BHPian

What do you have to say about this one...
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Tata Sierra-48033716.jpg  

asejwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2009, 19:46   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asejwal View Post
What do you have to say about this one...
WOW!!!

Nice pic asejwal.

The beauty of ur sierra is overshadowed by the beauty of nature. Nevertheless the car looks good.
Old 31st March 2009, 19:50   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnu7185 View Post
Hey Abbas- Well maintained one. The toyota gearbox you replaced , is it a 4x4 one?

Well its not a 4x4 gearbox . Its a qualis gearbox.
Old 1st April 2009, 09:41   #111
BHPian

Quote:
WOW!!!

Nice pic asejwal.

The beauty of ur sierra is overshadowed by the beauty of nature. Nevertheless the car looks good.
Not my Sierra Abbas! Please follow the thread closely...it's worth every penny for hardcore Sierra fans!

O.K. you talk about nature overshadowing the beauty of the Sierra - take a look at these...
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Tata Sierra-sierra_2.jpg  

Pics: Tata Sierra-sierra_4.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 1st April 2009, 10:33   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asejwal View Post
Not my Sierra Abbas! Please follow the thread closely...it's worth every penny for hardcore Sierra fans!

O.K. you talk about nature overshadowing the beauty of the Sierra - take a look at these...

Nice pics. are you the one sitting on the bonnet (which place is that anyway) or the one standing in blue jeans?

Will post some pic of my car once i am back in vizag. i don`t have it in this lappy.
Old 1st April 2009, 11:04   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Nice pics. are you the one sitting on the bonnet (which place is that anyway) or the one standing in blue jeans?

Will post some pic of my car once i am back in vizag. i don`t have it in this lappy.
No bro, neither! I am actually a little smarter than these guys - these are photographs from down south - even I do not know where exactly they have been shot! These are photographs from my collection which I have painstakingly collected all these years and with the Mods' permission, I am contributing to this thread. More shall follow...

My Beast is the Metallic Silver DL 5C... pics posted earlier in this thread; pretty much in stock condition. If you notice, it still has the original wheel caps and the black plastic covers under the front n rear bumpers - U'll not find these in 90% of Sierras surviving today!
Old 2nd April 2009, 00:27   #114
BHPian

Quote:
I have a copy of owners manual for turbo/non-turbo with me which can be sent to ones who want it. the wiring diagram is also present but Telco had given it only for non-turbo. infact the manual for turbo is one with a supplement added to non-turbo version!

Viju your Sierra is amazing/superb... Love those footsteps very neatly altered. It seems very diffrent once you re-painted the bottom of the front bumber in mat black, anyways really good job!!!

Even i too looking for a owners manual for turbo can you forward one copy to me. you can reach me @ sunanio13@gmail.com. Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd April 2009, 18:06   #115
BHPian

Quote:
I have a copy of owners manual for turbo/non-turbo with me which can be sent to ones who want it. the wiring diagram is also present but Telco had given it only for non-turbo. infact the manual for turbo is one with a supplement added to non-turbo version!
@Vijuvarghese - Yours is the best sierra I have seen. Hard to believe its a 90's model. Neatly done and maintained. I am looking for the owners manual too and would appreciate if you can mail me a copy at siddvi@gmail.com.

I would love to see your Sierra's interiors pics, please post some.

Thanks in advance.
Old 8th April 2009, 00:52   #116
BHPian

Thanks to everyone for the nice words about my Sierra.

After a very busy weekend entertaining guests and hectic running around, struck with a stomach upset and fever - now confirmed as jaundice, here I am posting reply in the midnight while nothing much to do after sleeping the whole day, on leave from work. My sincere apologies for not replying earlier.

vishnu7185-
  1. whats the new compressor make and hows the cooling with the new one.cost if you have?
Ans. Have replaced with the same Subros compressor. Cooling has not improved much in summer - attribute that to evaporator coils and condensor coils. I havent managed to clean these two yet. I remember the cost of the compressor in Mar 2008 as 11K - approx, could not trace that slip, had not collected a bill hence no vat and no warranty.

2. Bilsteins shocks and its specs and price. Any website through which we can place the order. The safari coils are they direct fit and how much did they cost you?

Ans:About Bilsteins - bought it from eshocks.com, got shipped through UPS, paid customs duty 5.5K. total cost has been 26.5K approx for a set of four. Rear ones are a straight fit from OE replacement for xTerra. Front ones needed increase in height though mounting was same - stem at top and 'T' at bottom through an eye bracket. Spec and details below from my archive. If you want me to share some secrets of this, pay me consultancy fee and I shall share the complete story )

Safari coils are a direct fit, does not need any modification to accommodate the spring. It is a two stage coil as marked on it by TM. Cost was 2.8K a pair. But it is the effect of it that you cannot stand height is increased at the back, more vibrations at speeds due to altered geometry of the prop. shaft and UJs and it is very stubborn that it does not bottom out even when the vehicle is fully loaded. I have cut the last ring to reduce stiffness and height, but now lost a bit of stability due to the loss of the flat ring, instead got the tangent contact.
B46-1099-H1
(Front) BE3-6422-H0

(Rear) Vehicle:Xterra 2WDYears:99-04Setting:Bilstein Heavy Duty
Front Shocks Information

Part Number: B46-1099-H1 (F4-B46-1099-H1)Type:Mono-Tube GasList Price:$121.00 (each)Our Price:$64.95 Quantity:
Rear Shocks Information

Part Number: BE3-6422-H0 (F4-BE3-6422-H0)Type:Mono-Tube GasList Price:$121.00 (each)Our Price:$64.95 Quantity: $259.80 for a set of 4 shocks/struts- You save $224.20 off List Price - FREE SHIPPING on orders over $200!
(UPS Ground shipping in continental U.S.)Contact Information
Phone:1-800-303-6211 (517-625-1884 outside the U.S.)Hours:Monday-Friday: 9am-5pm ET / Saturday: 9am-2pm ET.International Shipping Information
Email:question@eshocks.comnly on MSN videos. Try it!

Give me some more time to post some interior and newer pictures, now I need to go to bed, doctor has advised rest!

Mods: pardon my ignorance, this is a better formatted one
Old 8th April 2009, 10:20   #117
BHPian

@Viju

Thanks for the input man and sorry for pestering you for the replies .

Take care of your health. Rest we can take it up once you are fine.
Old 8th April 2009, 16:53   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi Viju,

For the front would it have been possible to order longer ones made for another vehicle so you don't have to make any modifications?

If Safari coils are a direct fit for the Sierra, I assume that the rear shocks will fit the Safari as well.

Last edited by 4x4addict : 8th April 2009 at 16:54.
Old 13th April 2009, 09:21   #119
BHPian

Why does this thread go 'numb' after periodic intervals...
Guys, here's more DROOL MAAL for you -
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Tata Sierra-modded-side.jpg  

Pics: Tata Sierra-modded_rear.jpg  

Pics: Tata Sierra-modded_1_front.jpg  

Pics: Tata Sierra-modded_1_rear.jpg  

Pics: Tata Sierra-5559741.jpg  

Pics: Tata Sierra-5559741a.jpg  

Old 13th April 2009, 09:44   #120
BHPian

The first one is nice I mean I like the idea it will make the AC work right for that cabin space and does give it a macho look except for the wierd fog lamps and drangonfly decal on the doors and not to forget the merc sorta grille.

I think the white ones been posted here earlier (i might be wrong), acutally i think the same shot but its a looker!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks