Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2008, 06:37   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
- Zen Estilo: no offence to anyone, but this might even beat the Wagon R on the ugly list. It was criminal on Maruti's part to link the Zen name to this car.
Yes, I couldn't agree more. And to add, they painted this one in 'PINK' color and sold it
Old 16th December 2008, 08:03   #32
Senior - BHPian

Where did you all left following cars in the list

1. HM Ambassador: It is still in production with decade old design.

2. Ford Fusion: It is actually (Con)fusion for ford in which category they put this car SUV, MUV, Passenger cars ?.

3. Indigo Marina: How many of you actually want to buy this car.

4. Chevy Tavera I do not know what is the great fuss all about. It absolutely ugly looking MUV in Indian road.

5. Sonalika Rhino: It is copy of Qualis, thats all with all ugly looking modifications

These all cars above are still in production and I really do not know what are their market share.

Last edited by anujmishra : 16th December 2008 at 08:05.
Old 16th December 2008, 13:03   #33
BHPian

re: Dzire

Calling Dzire an ugly car - I respectfully disagree on that, Sir. I am really surprised to see that people here are complaining about its rear design. To me, that's the best part of the desing. It looks like a 2003 BWM to me from the back.
Old 16th December 2008, 13:37   #34
BHPian

I agree to most of the list, with the exception to the C class, and the Vista. The front of the Vista looks pretty good. Rest all deserve to be here. And Yes, please add the Estillo here.

The designers @ Maruti should be punished for doing this to the sweet looking ZEN.
Old 16th December 2008, 13:53   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
and the versa (cant believe the bachans advertised it) going around, ???
Bacchans would advertise for your shoe laces if you pay them for it.
Old 16th December 2008, 16:14   #36
BHPian

Okay friends,

Some serious new additions on this hate-list, as per your votes:
1) ZEN ESTILO (pray how could I forget this tadpole!)
2) SKODA FABIA (just one vote so far, mine makes it two: it is a horrible looker)
3) MARUTI WAGON-R (slap me hard for missing this out!)

Am disappointed about some of us liking the Verna. To me, the sides and rear are all wrong (believe I could have done a far better job!). Same for the New C. It is no longer a Merc anymore. The horrible muddy brown interiors, cheap plastics, cramped interiors and, to top it, the intolerable looks. Indica Vista from the front is a no-no car right away, but yes, you can consider it okay after the 360 degree view.
Old 16th December 2008, 16:45   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
and the versa (cant believe the bachans advertised it) going around,
What is the problem with Maruti Versa? I did not understand. I think most of the people comment here without driving and without experience. I had driven Versa in very long route and even it is still with one of my relatives.

I find it comfortable enough, with so many features in very less price. Who will give you rear seat AC vents in 3.5 - 4.5 lakh range of cars. Indeed, it is making journey in versa quite comfortable and chilling in hot sun with ample leg space and space to put luggage. Even, interior of Versa is much better than many of the so called adorable cars. In city it gives comfortable 10 - 12 Kmpl and on highway 15 - 16 Kmpl. Quite smooth in driving and above all I feel a good package.

Till 6 years of ownership hardly there is any expenses apart from regular servicing and tyre change.
Old 16th December 2008, 16:56   #38
Senior - BHPian

With respect to Sumo Grande, it would have sold in huge numbers if it would have been a Honda. Just that people are not ready to accept something of that sort from an Indian Car/Truck maker. Didn't we accept the NHC (Type 1)? Didn't it look strange as well?
Old 16th December 2008, 17:07   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
What is the problem with Maruti Versa? I did not understand. I think most of the people comment here without driving and without experience. I had driven Versa in very long route and even it is still with one of my relatives.

I find it comfortable enough, with so many features in very less price. Who will give you rear seat AC vents in 3.5 - 4.5 lakh range of cars. Indeed, it is making journey in versa quite comfortable and chilling in hot sun with ample leg space and space to put luggage. Even, interior of Versa is much better than many of the so called adorable cars. In city it gives comfortable 10 - 12 Kmpl and on highway 15 - 16 Kmpl. Quite smooth in driving and above all I feel a good package.

Till 6 years of ownership hardly there is any expenses apart from regular servicing and tyre change.
I don't think anyone is questioning the Versa's practicality, ease of use, features, performance etc. This thread is purely about the skin-deep beauty of the cars, and while beauty does lie in the eye of the beholder I don't think we will be able to find too many Versa admirers (cosmetically speaking of course). To me, it looks like a bread-box. If anyone thinks otherwise, it is their prerogative
Old 16th December 2008, 17:18   #40
BHPian

To me, the first gen Santro is the ugliest car seen on Indian roads. I hate all models of Santro and for that matter all Hyundai cars except the Accent.

1. Santro
2. i10
3. Dezire
4. Hyndai Elentra
5. Zen Estilo
6. Logan
7. Indigo
8. Rhino
9. Sumo Grande
10. Tuscon
Old 16th December 2008, 17:25   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Agey View Post
To me, the first gen Santro is the ugliest car seen on Indian roads. I hate all models of Santro and for that matter all Hyundai cars except the Accent.

1. Santro
2. i10
3. Dezire
4. Hyndai Elentra
5. Zen Estilo
6. Logan
7. Indigo
8. Rhino
9. Sumo Grande
10. Tuscon
You seriously hate Hyundai, eh? I don't know what is Elantra doing here? It was a nice looking car with the exception of that dirty grill!!
Old 16th December 2008, 17:44   #42
BHPian

I think the Verna is a pretty decent looking car. As far as Accord goes, I like the no frills exterior from a couple of versions back. I guess the newer designs are an attempt to make it look more sporty.

I would put the Dzire at the top of the list of ugly cars - it's amazing how it started selling like hotcakes right from day 1 and had a lengthy waiting period - must be due to a perception of tremendous VFM and faith in Maruti's after sales service.

Amit.
Old 16th December 2008, 18:53   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhga View Post
Bacchans would advertise for your shoe laces if you pay them for it.
@sridgha that was a good one!

@anuj Yes this threads about the looks! lots of Maruti's are practical. Thats why they sell so heavily. But its far from being a looker
Old 16th December 2008, 18:57   #44
Senior - BHPian

How can you forget Jetta, megum and king of all Octavia..

I think Octavia is the ugliest of them all. There can not be a simpler car. If you tell a kid to draw simplest sedan he will draw something which will look like Octavia.

Megnum: they spoiled it by giving headlamps from SRV which simply destroys the big feel factor from the front. I liked the earlier headlamps very much.

Jetta: Again where is the design. Its style competites with most C segment cars.

On the other hand I would not call these cars ugly: i10, Desire, new Honda accord, C class, Altis, Camry, Verna. These each one has a personality of its own, they are not simple cars, they each have design element in them, including Civic. The personality kings of all cars were the original Sonata in India and the earlier Accord. They were not cars they were Sonata and Accord.

Whereas the ugliest ones for me are: Sumo grande (nice description there in first post), Logan, A-star, versa and new Ikon.

Vista is confusing design but not ugly, it looks a step towards more light(car) per car, but when the lights are on they are beautiful.. Indigo is practice simple VFM car and does not look ugly.
Old 17th December 2008, 13:11   #45
BANNED

Hey I Agree!

LOVE HER(ALD)! is write in his list except, I agree with everyone that the ACCORD should NOT be in the list- ZEN ESTILO should be included, so should the SPARK- its not cute- it looks like a loris cross-bread with a macaw (No offence to Spark owners) and like everbody agreed that beauty lies in the eye of the beholder! My 'IUCOTY Awards' does to:

10) Maruti SX4- Good sedan overall, but the head and tail lamps dont coincide- (otherwise its awesome).

9) Maruti Swift- Superb hatchback although, the back is wider than it should be like someone said inspired by a sumo's b.u.t.t.

8) Innova, Toyota- Don't know why everyone likes the look of this car- no thought into it AT ALL! Plain from every side you look at it. Not at all like the other superb Toyota's. Maybe its the luxury inside that make people go for it.

7) Hyundai Verna - Very very ugly! Waste of a powerful car! Could have come at 10 th spot because of its brilliant engine.

6) M&M Bolero and Scorpio- Both share this spot as they both look equally bad- the Scorpio is saved because of its features but otherwise they don't work for me!

5) M&M Renault Logan- Boxy and plain- no inspiration in Renault's first, their mileage gives them their sales, nothing more.

4) Tata - I'm sorry to put the whole league of cars here but all Tata cars take the 4th spot except the Sumo Grande and the upcoming Indicruz and Xover. The Indica, Indica Vista, Indigo, the upcoming Indigo Vista, Indigo Marina, Indigo CS (!!!!), Tata Nano- all of them have the same boring 10 year old design! Tata should learn from Fiat.

3) Suzuki Zen Estilo and Chevrolet Spark- You Know Why!

2) Suzuki A-Star- I can't believe that Maruti toned down such a beautiful concept into an ugly stoopy hatchback!

1) Suzuki Swift Dzire- The only thing cool about this Indian ugly car of the year (IUCOTY 2008) is the features list and this certainly has been inspired by a sumo wrestler from every angle- what a mess Maruti has done with the Swift! Adding a boot just aint enough for me and for everyone else I presume.

*Sorry to all the above car owners- shocked to see Maruti in all top Three! And I dont think all editions of Wagon-R look bad - look at the newest Stingray edition sold in Japan- although Indian wagon-r's do look bad!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks