Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2008, 18:11   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830 View Post
Hey, cmon..... Stop this GASSS. No more OFF topic plzz. Everyone knows Spark and Santro Xing has ABS and Airbags as options.
Do you know that:

-SX4 was the first car in its segment to offer 16 inch alloys factory fitted.
-Swift was the first car in its segment (infact in the whole small car segment) to offer climate control?
-WagonR was the first car in India to come with digital odometer? (Something the Chevrolet Spark and Fiat Palio could not manage till date. ). And it was the first small car to have optional ABS,EBD, Airbags optinal in the VXi model!
-Again, small Maruti's. viz Alto , WagonR were the first in respective segments to have Electric power steering, as against Hydraulic power steering which is outdated technology (no doubt some people still prefer the heavy feel of HPS).

Ritz, dont get me wrong. But your posts have continuously degraded to non-sense now. If you want can't afford the A-star then to go and buy a Spark. If you want to buy a Maruti, go ahead. I repeat, no one is forcing you. Please don't try to justify your purchase by making silly arguments.

Quote:
I wonder if many of you guys come from political background....
huh!

Quote:
If chevy spark and Hyundai Santro(foreign manufactureres) can setup industry in India
Your fixation with Spark. Dude these are not manufacturers but car names.

Last edited by DCEite : 16th December 2008 at 18:24.
Old 16th December 2008, 18:25   #62
BHPian

@DCELite Take it easy.....

I feel sad that my post dint make any meaning to you. You cutoff everything from my post and quoted the first sentence which will offend everyone.

Again . My thread was about the outdated models i.e 800/Alto/Estillo/WagonR and not about Swift or A-star.

On the other hand, Alloy wheels, Digital Odometer, EPS, and many more after market stuff .... The Common man does not need that, but Maruti needs them for deceiving the customers.

You missed some: limited edition stickers, Sparkling tail lamps, S symbol.

I bet you will laugh when you read the features of Alto.
Maruti Alto.Know about the features of Maruti Alto.
Old 16th December 2008, 18:32   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On the other hand, Alloy wheels, Digital Odometer, EPS, and many more after market stuff
Pray apart from Alloy wheel what else is after market here & also what other after market stuff does Maruti gives that people dont want?

Quote:
My thread was about the outdated models i.e 800/Alto/Estillo/WagonR
If people are buying these then it means they suit their requirements isnt it?

Quote:
No I didnt laugh can you tell what is funny here?
Old 16th December 2008, 18:39   #64
BHPian

Sparking Tail Lamps, Vibrant Color, rotatory nobs for AC, stylish fabric.

Well, I think its only me who find this funny. Sorry if I offended anyone. This will be my last post for the day.

have a nice day.
Old 16th December 2008, 18:43   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I actually drive an Alto (for last 3 years) and am very happy with it. It gives me good FE (15 with AC and 18 without - in city), is quite nippy to drive in the city - I can negotiate thru small lanes and all, easy to park as well, reliable so far (not a single breakdown in all of 25k KMs), has AC and power steering - the only two essentials as far as driving is concerned (rest all is luxury) and since I am single so no issues with lack of space (which is what lot of people complain about!) It cost me only 3 lakh rupees.
Now you tell me what other car is there that could have provided me all this for less than 3 lakh rupees ??

Quote:
rotary knobs are not yet there on 2008 Santro and Palio!!!

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th December 2008 at 10:58. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread.
Old 16th December 2008, 19:06   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes becasue these are the features they added over the old Alto.
Old 16th December 2008, 19:12   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830
On the other hand, Alloy wheels, Digital Odometer, EPS, and many more after market stuff .... The Common man does not need that,
I am not sure how you are the authority on what the common man needs or does not need. If the common man's idea of what is required in a car matched yours, you would not see truckloads of M800, Alto etc selling month after month.

BTW, to give you an idea about how common man thinks :
The Swift comes with ABS & airbags in ZXi trim and ABS is available as an option with VXi trim. But how many common men go for Zxi or even take ABS as an option ? Does not that clarify to you what common man needs ?

On the other hand, you have Honda (great contemporary manufacturer as per you), who till recently were selling the NHC without ABS or airbags - and not even as options for 2 trims. And this is a C segment sedan costing 7-8L. Maybe that is what you would say 'catering to common man's needs'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830
Features which are essential for any common man living in 2008
- Euro NCAP safety rating
- cruising at 80kmpl and above speeds with safety and stability
- better and advance suspension which you see in all cars of today.
- acceptable build quality and quality of plastics.
- noise damping, power steering, average aesthetics.
- Safety beams in pillars, which is a must and available in all motorized vehicles of today.
- option for airbags and abs
You want all these and more in an M800 ? Man, maybe you should look further up the food-chain and you will see so many cars costing 3 times an M800 as not having some of these.
Old 16th December 2008, 19:42   #68
Senior - BHPian

Ritz your posts are as laughable as certain Japanese top official from Suzuki were when they derided Tata Nano for lacking ABS and Airbags knowing fully well that their company does not provide them in the flagship models.

You think of Maruti as mechanic because it does not do inhouse product developemnt but a better word is licencing of technology , For your information execpt one or two models *ALL* Hyundai cars use Mitsubishi engines and body design is done in Italian design houses. Your fev. Cheverlate Spark is nothing but latest Matiz model launched in Korea before Daewoo went kaput years ago and it shares same engine as Maruti.

The fact is that *NO* single manufacturer in India provides ABS and Airbags and other goodies as standard fitment at entry level,At double the cost in India.

It was Tata Moters who first introduced Airbags in a made in India vehicle and it was Maruti who provided ABS and Airbags as a choice in SX4 before any other manufacturer.

I do agree that Indian consumers are being fleeced badly by all but still Tata , Maruti and to certain extent Hyundai provides value for Money to Indian customer which Fiats / Hondas / Skodas dont in name of premium pricing.
Old 16th December 2008, 19:57   #69
BHPian

I suppose ritz actually means "wants" when he says "needs" of the common man. Or maybe we are talking about a different common man...the one with money.
Old 16th December 2008, 19:58   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
it was Maruti who provided ABS and Airbags as a choice in SX4 before any other manufacturer.
Err it was the Swift not SX4 from Maruti

Quote:
Or maybe we are talking about a different common man...the one with money.
LOL +1
Old 16th December 2008, 21:00   #71
BHPian

Ok Ok... Enough cheers: Everyone here is my friend. Especially amit, joslic, DCE, and technocrat. I believe my english is good enough for a lay man to understand what I am trying to say.

Do you want Maruti to stop producing atleast the '800' & 'Alto' as a measure to setup standars in the Indian automotive industry?

Just a Plain 'Yes' or 'No' will do...
Old 16th December 2008, 21:02   #72
BHPian

I own a Maruti Alto and I am very happy with my car. Having said that, I share Ritz's thought/sentiments here. I am not against Maruti , they are no.1 car manufacturer of India and they deserve to be. But it is just that I expect more from them. I may not be able to argue on the comments posted by many of you defending Maruti because most of them are very true. But, I guess Ritz point is different and it is more on expectation from the India's top car manufacturer. The way I would put it is that they have always (or most of the time) played safe. They are the leader of automobile revolution in India and thats the reason they have the privilege of setting the terms of what common man needs/looks upto in India. I would have love to see a car like swift from them for India years ago. But, they waited till other car manufacturer matured the Indian buyers to demand for a higher quality car, I would expect them to have take lead there. Again , Whatever they have done it is all praise but when I look back I feel they might have done better with us with all of our trust and respect they enjoy. These are my thoughts and I am sorry if I have hurt someone's sentiments but thats not my intention.
Old 16th December 2008, 21:05   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- cruising at 80kmpl and above speeds with safety and stability
Even an Alto can do this.

Quote:
I find no difference riding in 800, swift and a-star.
Drunken driving???
One can understand the credibility of his statements, isn't it?

Quote:
Cars like 800/Alto/estillo/wagonR from maruti has lowered that standards of Indian automotive industry and has blocked the entry of decent equally priced vehicles.
When did Maruti block other manufacturers? Can you please give me one example?

Quote:
Everyone knows Spark and Santro Xing has ABS and Airbags as options.
Santro no longer has ABS and airbags. i10 has them only on top-end models. So do WagonR and Zen Estilo. Why are you cribbing about it?

Quote:
If you claim A-star & Swift as good cars, then keep them as standard and give a proper pricing.
A-star is a little overpriced, I agree. But whats wrong with Swift's pricing?

See, it is simple. If people want quality, they should go for a Honda. They should not expect the City/Civic quality in an 800 at 2Lacs. Nobody is stopping people from buying other cars. What is there to complain about? I really can't understand.
Old 16th December 2008, 21:12   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you want Maruti to stop producing atleast the '800' & 'Alto' as a measure to setup standars in the Indian automotive industry?

Just a Plain 'Yes' or 'No' will do...
No. Since you asked , I wont say anything more
Old 16th December 2008, 21:24   #75
BHPian

I guess this thread was started after ritz got bugged seeing the thread Why maruti nothing else?? lol...,it happens opposition comes for everything good or bad.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks