Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2009, 01:44   #61
Senior - BHPian

Also looks like they have been affected by the truckers strike. Some models (cars guys!!) are stuck in the outskirts becoz of the strike.

Looks like the overwhelming opinion is that its not worth it.
Old 11th January 2009, 01:50   #62
Senior - BHPian

I was thinking of going, but looks like I am better off staying at home.
Was there any stall which has cycle rack/holder which can be fixed to the hatch door of a Swift. One of my colleagues wanted it.
Even otherwise does anyone know where in Bangalore one can get it?
Old 11th January 2009, 02:47   #63
BHPian

Calculated exploitation! These days anything attached to automobiles attracts the weekend movers (Both family & Youngsters) who doesn't mind paying 50 Rs plus and the organizers do a simple math on foot falls Vs Renting a place. Its more like old time circus shows
Old 11th January 2009, 10:01   #64
Senior - BHPian

Hello Silentengine, I saw firefox and few cycle/bikes stall but didn't see any cycle holder/rack. I suggest you visit Jayanagar FireFox Bikes (cycles) show room where you can order it. there is firefox website i feel from which you can get contact details, thats how we baught few stuffs from there few years back, they are bit coslty but supply genuine items i feel.

Ravi.
Old 11th January 2009, 11:49   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Hello Silentengine, I saw firefox and few cycle/bikes stall but didn't see any cycle holder/rack. I suggest you visit Jayanagar FireFox Bikes (cycles) show room where you can order it. there is firefox website i feel from which you can get contact details, thats how we baught few stuffs from there few years back, they are bit coslty but supply genuine items i feel.

Ravi.
Thanks Ravi
Found it here - Firefox Bikes - join the trail! » Car Bike Carrier
Old 11th January 2009, 13:20   #66
BHPian

I visited this Expo yesterday evening.... not much impressed.. but this is way better than the Vahan Yatra... But not much new things.. i would say nothing special abt this
Old 11th January 2009, 21:42   #67
BHPian

Just came back,wat a rip off !!! All I saw was Swifts,Civics,R15,Fz16,A star, Reva ...bah !
A guy in one of stall told that therez gonna be another Auto Expo next month which is gonna be truly INTERNATIONAL.
I hereby declare that I will no more visit these AUTO EXPOS held in INDIA.They r all cr@p.
Old 11th January 2009, 21:48   #68
Senior - BHPian

I was half minded on whether to go. Good I did not go.

Ravi and others, thanks for the pictures!!
Old 11th January 2009, 22:03   #69
BHPian

i had been to Auto expo today and what a waste of time, i expected lot more in so called international auto expo but even it is not even organized well.
i expected linea, and few more mercs,bmw,audi etc but all we see there is nothing new. infact i could notice good visitors cars parked in parking area

The rush is also huge on sunday and we couldn't get glimpse of the hayabusa parked atleast..

i don't know when the dream of seeing few concept cars in Auto expo's organized here come true.

-MUKE
Old 11th January 2009, 22:16   #70
BHPian

Go for a light weight Dekra bike and customise it
Old 12th January 2009, 12:34   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
In the parking lot at least 500 cars and equal number of bikes, so visitors are
around 2000 in number at a time.
Thanx Ravi for the photos - in a nutshell this was the entire expo itself. I think like someone said already the actual expo was moved to the parking lot.
There was more crowd in the eateries section too.
Compared to this I think the Vahaan Yatra was not so bad, atleast they didnt have any pretensions unlike this "International" Auto Expo.
Old 12th January 2009, 13:24   #72
Senior - BHPian

I regret not reading the pages 3 and 4 before deciding to go last nite. It could not be even called Bangalore Auto Expo, forget the word 'International' !! How can a show be called 'international auto expo' when all the display is what we see throughout the city 24/7 ? Its more like a Sales Expo than anything else. So, a better meaningful title of the event would have been "Bangalore Auto Sales Expo".

The only place I spent sometime was the stall of some modified cars and the Harley Davidson (I think it was Dyna, super glide), forgot the name of the stall. I liked the way they done up the swifts, looked very neat. Exhaust notes of the bike, cars created a different world. So, in short, I saw some swifts and a harley davidson for Rs.50/-. Worth the salt ?

Last edited by shajufx : 12th January 2009 at 13:31.
Old 12th January 2009, 15:29   #73
BHPian

I am glad I read the review here before going to the expo.

It turned out the way I expected. you guys saved my time and some 300 bucks as we were 6 guys planning to go
Old 14th January 2009, 18:23   #74
BHPian

been to the expo and found it ok. the yamaha and suzuki stalls had some interesting bikes ofcourse. but it was impossible to get a clear picture of the bikes. however, at the RE stall i got a few pics. they had an interesting concept and a nice display of they RE lifestyle.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore to host International Automotive Expo '09 (BIAE)-09012009002.jpg  

Bangalore to host International Automotive Expo '09 (BIAE)-09012009.jpg  

Old 14th January 2009, 18:34   #75
BHPian

I thought I had missed the international expo but from the posts on this thread, looks like I didnt miss it after all
The Vaahan yatra I didnt miss and actually went and watched it. I also didnt pay the 50 Rs entry fee as if you register in a website http://www.yatraexhibits.com/ you get the entry pass free

I think the one in palace grounds is more for bike enthusiasts and not for car enthusiasts

Last edited by revhappy : 14th January 2009 at 18:36.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks