Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2008, 16:28   #16
BHPian

Dacia has already had an upgrade in europe last year. So the logan here will definetely get an upgrade soon. So it might not just be a rumour.
Old 19th December 2008, 16:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

Go gettit for that price. The vehicle is good and absolutely VFM for the kind money you pay.Good mileage, interiors are a tad bit drab and oddles of space.At the enlisted price, IMO its a steal.
If you want ideas pimping it check some of the threads started by ashutoshb and dont forget to drop into his gallery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
I would any day go with Ford (Ikon/Fiesta) than Logan. It is ahead in terms of drive quality, handling etc.
What makes you say so anna ? Leave the Fiesta aside and lets do a comparo with the Ford.
Old 19th December 2008, 16:36   #18
BHPian

What good are the discounts when you can get a brand new Ford Ikon tdci with the latest gen diesel engine for just around 5.80??
even when you take the discounts into consideration the logan with a low tech diesel engine would cost you above 6.50 lacs which has features comparable to the new ford ikon...
the petrol engines are simply not worth it, fuel efficiency is ridiculous and driveability is disastorous, besides even the 1.4 petrol dlx would cost you around 5 lacs with the discount, so why not pay 80,000 more and get a car which is much more fuel efficient, faster and a real pleasure to drive...
and "personally" i find the looks of the ikon more appealing than the logan atleast... ford has changed its policies for warranty and after sales service for the better too, so its an all round win-win situation...
cheers:
Old 19th December 2008, 16:38   #19
BHPian

I happened to travel as a passanger for 600kms, the leg room is simply amazing in this car compared to other cars in its segment, one minus the looks and interiors you have a VFM car.

These are my views please don't get offended.
Old 19th December 2008, 17:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
I happened to travel as a passanger for 600kms, the leg room is simply amazing in this car compared to other cars in its segment, one minus the looks and interiors you have a VFM car.

These are my views please don't get offended.
I think there is nothing to get offended

Yes. My friend got this car couple of months back. His main criteria was seating comfort for 5 adults. And thats where this scored above any other car according to him. So, he went with this.

It all depends on what YOU want.

If you dont wanna buy this, then look at those crons.
If you wanna buy this, then look on the pros.
Old 19th December 2008, 17:35   #21
BHPian

If you want to seat 5 adults in comfort,hire a driver, and value comfort over everything else,dont think about anything else,just go and grab it.
Old 19th December 2008, 19:02   #22
BHPian

So what is the final price after discount for Petrol / Diesel GLS?
Old 19th December 2008, 20:39   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

No, Please! I don't want to see any more of this Soap Box on roads. On second thoughts, even a soap box has more contours than the Logan!

Before I get bashed, some questions,

Is the discount across the range?
What are the new prices?
What is the future of Logan? Someone had posted that Mahindra-Renault have broken up?
Old 19th December 2008, 21:28   #24
BHPian

re:discount on logan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
No, Please! I don't want to see any more of this Soap Box on roads. On second thoughts, even a soap box has more contours than the Logan!
Then, what is the true sedan in your opinion? Dzire, Indigo, IKon or Accent? Especially in this price range.

Although the logan platform may be bit outdated, it is derived from a true sedan platform. That's why, one can expect a sedan like comfort from this. On the other hand, DZire, and indigo platforms are extended from their hatchback cousins.

IKon is a different story here. In my recent visit to Louvre museum, I saw some of the wall paintings of Louis XIV driving ford IKons. It's an almost extinct species available only in India. The same goes for Accent. It's a model introduced during Sipoy mutiny era. I have seen photos of british officiers chasing indian rebels with this Accent.

Quote:
Is the discount across the range?
What are the new prices?
What is the future of Logan? Someone had posted that Mahindra-Renault have broken up?
(i) Yes (ii) Get the current local price from Carwale and discount 70k + 9% of 70k from that (iii) May be a true story ...Damn indian management! One more failure after satyam
Old 19th December 2008, 21:32   #25
Senior - BHPian

when i had gone to book my scorpio VLX, that is in may, i had requested them a drive in the logan. i was given a longer TD than the scorpio! yes, the car is boxy and has a dated design. ergonomics went for a toss in the logan. the engine is not the most refined nor has 'amazing acceleration', but............
it is very very driveable, thats what matters in real world conditions. it pulls cleanly from any gear. the space inside the cabin is generous, you wont get such space in the fiesta/ikon/accent. the AC is fantastic. and i have asked many logan drivers/owners (friends/unknown people in parking) about its fuel efficiency, most of them said 14-16 kmpl in gruelling mumbai city and above 20 on highways, easily!

these are some of the virtues which the owners love, every individual has different needs with his vehicle and if these needs are met, they are ready to adjust with the bland looks and poor ergonomics.

also, when i came back to the showroom, i saw a white logan. the owner had come there for ICE fitment. it had dark black tints and cool chrome neo alloys. he also added a trendy sproiler. excuse me for saying this, but that logan was looking amazing, much better than a stock fiesta.

but i have also heard from a technician that the logan reports more problems than the scorpio or bolero.

i feel its a great VFM package and i prefer it over the fords.
Old 20th December 2008, 04:36   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
The wiper can only reach ~85% of a drivers side leaving an unclean windshield. You can simulate this by sitting in co-passenger seat of any regular car and activating the wiper.

This is my biggest grudge against the Logan.
well there is a difference, it is not just like the LHD wipers are brought straight into this, there is a Rocker Arm which make sure that more area is covered in the driver side
Old 20th December 2008, 09:16   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandas View Post
Then, what is the true sedan in your opinion? Dzire, Indigo, IKon or Accent? Especially in this price range.

Although the logan platform may be bit outdated, it is derived from a true sedan platform. That's why, one can expect a sedan like comfort from this. On the other hand, DZire, and indigo platforms are extended from their hatchback cousins.

IKon is a different story here. In my recent visit to Louvre museum, I saw some of the wall paintings of Louis XIV driving ford IKons. It's an almost extinct species available only in India. The same goes for Accent. It's a model introduced during Sipoy mutiny era. I have seen photos of british officiers chasing indian rebels with this Accent.
I wasn't lucky to see the Ford Ikon in the Lourve Museum during my visit

From what I have read here, yes the Logan seems to have great interior space and Diesel FE. I don't contest that.

But even in front of the decade+ old Ikon and Accent the Logan still looks boxy and uninspiring. Period. The botox treated Indigo CS is good looking too IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandas View Post
(i) Yes (ii) Get the current local price from Carwale and discount 70k + 9% of 70k from that (iii) May be a true story ...Damn indian management! One more failure after satyam
Thanks for the details.
To answer the Thread question, my two cents - May be it's wise to ascertain the future of the Mahindra-Renault alliance before taking the car on a 70K discount.
Old 20th December 2008, 10:51   #28
BHPian

Quote:
If people can buy a Maruthi Box (WagonR) then why not a Mahindra Box ? If you can over look the looks of the vehicle than I think there no issue with the car.
Old 20th December 2008, 23:31   #29
Senior - BHPian

One of my friends who was waiting for his Dzire delivery for the last three months (without a single official word from the dealer), just bought a Logan yesterday. More than M&M getting a new customer, Maruti lost a loyal customer. I think Maruti is goofing up big time with its Dzire delivery schedule.
I think once the pricing is right every ugly car starts looking nice.
Old 21st December 2008, 11:22   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentscreamers View Post
What good are the discounts when you can get a brand new Ford Ikon tdci with the latest gen diesel engine for just around 5.80??
even when you take the discounts into consideration the logan with a low tech diesel engine would cost you above 6.50 lacs which has features comparable to the new ford ikon...
Are the prices of the Ikon TDCi and Logan D comparable now? The Ikon D's at 6.1 on road, Mumbai.

Not sure if the Logan Diesel's engine is not as 'latest gen'. ..I felt the need for ear plugs in the Ikon D testdrive. Yes, low end driveability might be a shade better than the Logan's, but I think the Logan has a quieter cabin, a more refined engine at higher revs and decent low end response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentscreamers View Post
and "personally" i find the looks of the ikon more appealing than the logan atleast... ford has changed its policies for warranty and after sales service for the better too, so its an all round win-win situation...
cheers:
Somehow, the Logan's looks are beginning to grow on me. Find it way better than the fugly Dzire!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks