Team-BHP - How many Lancers are sold?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   How many Lancers are sold? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/51053-how-many-lancers-sold.html)

Freinds,
One of my dearest freind is thinking of buying a Lancer (I have tried talking him out of it). He is convinced of great after sales support and service of Lancer, resale value, and the car itself. Its costing him around 8 lakh OTR. He wanted me to open this thread to know how many Lancers are currently being sold by Mistu India per month. He also wanted to know if its a good decision.

absolutely no reason to buy a lancer- for the same money you can get a Fiesta S if you want sporty hanling, or an SX4 for features and safety.

if he is hell bent on a 90s design, then look no further than a Hyundai accent- more powerful than lancer, better A S S and at 5.3L OTR delhi!

i too would not recommend Lancer at this time. It should be replaced sometime next year with a more sporty engine. Either ask him to wait or go for Fiesta S.

He is quite persistant as he always dreamt of a big car. He is interested to know how many Lancers (not Cedia) does HM sell in a month to be sure of after sales..

Quote:

Originally Posted by aseem (Post 1103850)
He is quite persistant as he always dreamt of a big car. He is interested to know how many Lancers (not Cedia) does HM sell in a month to be sure of after sales..

I am not getting the point here. Is Fiesta S/SX4 not a big car?

8 L for a car that has 85 bhp, no ABS/ air bags and no future? Agreed that the lancer is a bit more spacious that a Fiesta 1.6s but should that be the only criteria for buying a car that costs 8 lakhs? Why don't you get your friend to join Tbhp, maybe he will change his mind and make the right decision.

SX4 and Fiesta are indeed good cars. He though has his eyes set on Lancer, tried talking him out of it. He wouldnt have it. Wants to know the stats if indeed ppl dont buy lancers anymore. Anything fundamentally wrong with the car or aftersales that he should know about?

For 8 lakhs probably NHC Gxi might be the better buy. Very luxurious, gem of an engine and better A.S.S. than Mitsu/HM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aseem (Post 1103924)
SX4 and Fiesta are indeed good cars. He though has his eyes set on Lancer, tried talking him out of it. He wouldnt have it. Wants to know the stats if indeed ppl dont buy lancers anymore. Anything fundamentally wrong with the car or aftersales that he should know about?

Ok. Seems he wants to buy Lancer, but just want to check if its ok at this point of time. Right?

As a package, i don't see anything wrong in this vehicle. Frankly this is what I was thinking of buying before narrowing it to Aveo. The main drawback for me was the seating position. Its too low as my Zen. So, I decided against it.

Else, that is really a wonderful car. I keep hearing about phasing out of this lancer, and I dont see anything happening.

So, my suggestion is, check with the bhp-ian in your location about the A.S.S. of the HM dealer.

After all, he loves the Lancer and i am sure he will be happy with it :)

By the posts, I feel your friend is bent on going ahead with Lancer. Negotiate properly and go ahead with purchase. You may get lots of discounts as ths model will be phased out in next year and there might be year end discounts. The car is good. Buy the "sport" model. It has a low GC than other cars in its category. Hope he can cope with it.

Buying an old Lancer now is weird. It essentially is erm old. A fiesta S is a far better deal. I don't think HM sells more than a 100 a month mostly to cab companies in the diesel garb.

The lancer is a handsome car. The thing is, it's really long in the tooth, a very old and dated set-up as far as engine and add-ons. It has no ABS, airbags, only 88 bhp, etc. The Cedia is Mitsubishi's replacement for the Lancer. See if your friend can push up his budget for a Cedia, or check on second-hand Cedia prices, they're really good value.

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaronikar (Post 1103988)
... It has a low GC than other cars in its category. Hope he can cope with it.

No, my Aveo has lesser than this Lancer :) but its compromised with the shorter wheel base than lancer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjothi (Post 1104014)
No, my Aveo has lesser than this Lancer :) but its compromised with the shorter wheel base than lancer.

My dear friend...pls compare Lancer with Fiesta/Honda City and other cars in this category. I consider aveo/ikon/accent in one category (entry level sedans).

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaronikar (Post 1104037)
My dear friend...pls compare Lancer with Fiesta/Honda City and other cars in this category. I consider aveo/ikon/accent in one category (entry level sedans).

Can I know what's the criteria on which these category is made!!!!