Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2008, 16:55   #1

Comparing Suzuki Swift model (India and Sri Lanka)

Hi,

I own an swift zxi 2006 model, hence it does not have factory fitted digital clock, I was searching in this forum and googling for digital clock with temparature guage since I could find the same with dealer. I happen to visit Suzuki Srilanka website, I was astonished to find the specs of swift GL model being offered there, pl visit the link for tech specs
:. Suzuki .:

I was wondering why Suzuki is not giving good engines to India, ie with VVT. Also I could find out the differences in Indian model and Sri Lankan model, like trip guage, even fuel warning Indicator and many more.

Also while visiting above link, except for swift all other models are 100% Japanese manufactured, I believe this 1.5 GL model should be manufactured in India ( or in some Asian market) by Maruti only for exports, if so why they are not offering to Indian market.

While going thro another link, I feel price difference is not too much.

Difference Between Indian And Japanese Swift - AutoLanka

@Mods: In case if this has been discussed earlier, pl delete/close the thread.

Can any one help me does current Swift ZXi comes with digital clock and temparature guage, if so where I can buy in Bangalore, I would appreciate if some one can give indicative pricing.

Thanks,
KMurthy
Old 24th December 2008, 21:21   #2
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmurthy View Post
I was wondering why Suzuki is not giving good engines to India, ie with VVT. Also I could find out the differences in Indian model and Sri Lankan model, like trip guage, even fuel warning Indicator and many more.
Indian <delete>consumers</delete>* car buyers will buy anything as long it is from Suzuki.

* - A "consumer" will have some value for his hard earned cash. A car buyer, well, just buys cars.
Old 24th December 2008, 21:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

have you cared to know the price as well?

And yes, current Zxi comes with Clock.
Old 24th December 2008, 23:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

Dont know about Swift but My friends 2 month old dzire VXI also has the clock and temperature gauge but i find the temp. gauge showing weird readings some times.
Old 24th December 2008, 23:49   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Indian <delete>consumers</delete>* car buyers will buy anything as long it is from Suzuki.

* - A "consumer" will have some value for his hard earned cash. A car buyer, well, just buys cars.
Not only Suzuki, Even Honda, toyota, Skoda, VW, etc.
Old 25th December 2008, 00:14   #6
BHPian

Our average janta wants fuel average so suzuki gives them only that, rest everything else is only for consumers from other part of world.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks