Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2008, 17:51   #1
BHPian

National Road Safety Mission

Maruti has recently introduced the National Road Safety Mission. According to this the company has decided to impart driving training to about 5 Lakh people around the world. I think other car manufacturers should also follow a similar trend to make Indian roads safer, free from blood sheds and shattered car pieces.
Old 26th December 2008, 18:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanopano View Post
Maruti has recently introduced the National Road Safety Mission. According to this the company has decided to impart driving training to about 5 Lakh people around the world. I think other car manufacturers should also follow a similar trend to make Indian roads safer, free from blood sheds and shattered car pieces.
I strongly disagree! Modern Western medical techniques have been copied even in remote areas of India. Transplant surgery is now common. However, there is a dire shortage of organ donors. Let the motorcycle and auto mayhem continue. The upside is lower cost spares for the rest of us. Do not tinker with the free market, supply and demand.
Old 26th December 2008, 20:29   #3
BANNED

Good. At least, somebody does something to drive some sense into our traffic.

Only, hope this does not go the way Volvo's (and Ashok Leyland, IIRC) driver training programmes went. (Ashok Leyland has a truck driver training institute somewhere in Salem or Erode - I think it is on NH 47).
Old 26th December 2008, 22:07   #4
BHPian

People dont need driving training. People need to be taught how to maintain discipline. Theres no point being a "good" driver, if your not disciplined enough to portray your skills safely.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks