Team-BHP - Spotted new Hyundai
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Spotted new Hyundai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/5123-spotted-new-hyundai.html)

Hey guys..
I jus happened to catch a new hyundai parked in the place i usual hangout in the evening..
It had a Red number plate with 'CT' as its middle letters.. and the guy standing arnd it said that i shudnt take any pics of it.. It was plainly caled a 'Hyundai Coupe'.. i dont know it may be a new entry to the sports car segment or jus an import.. it was really the red number plate that was botherin me.. 'TC' is usually test car isnt it.. anyway i managed to get a few ahemm candid pics of the vehicle. here they r

after some photoshop work

the a s s with red number plate

front end

little better..

well let me know wht u guys think..

Ram

the car looks cool from the rear..you should have got some front end pictures also..well is it launched in india..or is it an import model.heard there is gonna be a hyundai coupe launching soon..

Its 2005 (refreshed) Hyundai Tiburon GT (bcause i think i can see 2 exhaust tips)..powered by 2.7L V6 170 bhp (i think) ... this is the only car Hyundai has managed to improve upon ,the new Tib really looks clean .. but i dbout they will launch the V6 in india ..am guessing the 2L straight 4 (140bhp) should be good enough ...
i drove a 2002 Tib last year ...had a pretty close ratio gearbox .. liked it very much ...but then the older shape was really ugly ..

a genuine sports coupe will certainly be welcomed

This car is mostly a 2005 Hyundai Tiburon coupe

this is definately a hyundai tiburon for sure. which year im not sure of

Yeah its the 2005 Tiburon/Coupe/Tuscany (different names in different markets) and I suspect it will come out with the V6 in India since the engine is in production for the Sonata - twin exhausts come with the V6

Hope they put in manual gears, or at least give an option. That would be something - the most affordable sports coupe around and packs a decent punch too.

Wonder what price it would come at - any bets guys? I'll start at 15 lakhs.

a tiburon for sure. nice find iomega.
this should be moved to the supercar sightings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamerno1

1. This is no supercar by any stretch of imagination

2. Its scheduled for launch in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid

well if its supposed to launch, then its ok. otherwise this actually comes in the supercars category since it has officially NOT LAUNCHED yet in india & is a sports coupe.

Quote:

errrrrmmm .. a Tib is far from being called a super - car man.. just because its a coupe doesnt mean its a super car .. but yeah the new GT is a popular tuner car ..

Quote:

Yeah its the 2005 Tiburon/Coupe/Tuscany (different names in different markets)

Tuscany is just a variant of the Tiburon GT ..it is available as a limited edition model ...loaded with features it also comes with an exceptional braking package well tweaked ABS and TCS..and is only available in "Tuscani" yellow .. and is stripped of all hyundai badges ..
there is a tuscani around my campus i'll see if i can take a few snaps ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo_lover
errrrrmmm .. a Tib is far from being called a super - car man.. just because its a coupe doesnt mean its a super car .. but yeah the new GT is a popular tuner car ..

well im aware of that. its a tuner's car, not a super/exotic car.
but since we got mitsubishi ftos, mazda miatas & toyota celicas in the supercars section (non of the above being even close to 350bhp) i thought this car would fit in that section. atleast until its not launched in india.

Quote:

well im aware of that. its a tuner's car, not a super/exotic car.

hehe .. okhay that section is called super cars and imports in india ..
(apologies to the mods for going off topic )
peace bro

Quote:

yeah its not a supercar by any means..but its a nice sporty coupe to roll around in..and it can be modded quite a bit. BTW, when is it scheduled for launch in india???

Regardless of whether it has true sports car credentials, it'll be great if Hyundai actually launches it in India. Another first for Hyundai.
My guess is that it will be a CBU in the 15L range for the V6.

If the car is parked in public, you have every right to take photos of it. If it is their factory - that is another matter.