Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2008, 15:33   #151
BHPian

Fabia 1.2 engine does 59 bhp , and Kappa with a 80 bhp with similar ratings is pretty good. It is definitely good enough for City trafic but that is where I drive for 98% of reqmt. Rest of the specs are too good hope they update the Verna also similarly .
Old 29th December 2008, 15:35   #152
BHPian

Not a great job by Hyundai, i am disappointed one more time. Just by adding few features their pricing does not justify. People who got excited after knowing the price, i suggest them to think again. And if you are comparing with Fabia 1.2, go ahead and do it but remember Fabia is also ridiculously overpriced.

I10 should been a natural progression for Santro, but they continued with Santro and launched I10, then I dont know why they launched i10kappa, Similarly Getz didnt do well so I20 would have been natural replacement, Hyundai is again fooling customer as they do it always.

In the end all will sell, and Hyundai will be assured by Indian customers that their strategy is working again. This is the case with other automakers in the market as well.

Why we never get the best and the latest?

sidindica : I think your post about deleting the thread is not noticed by MODs, why dont you PM one of the mods in case this is urgent, as you sound. Good scoop though as always, gr8 job!!

Last edited by throttleking : 29th December 2008 at 15:38.
Old 29th December 2008, 15:35   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_rider View Post
gimme a decent engine in a reasonably sized and spaced body at a sensible price. me happy. rest of the bells and whistles i can always aftermarket.
Let me know where you can aftermarket curtain airbags. I am no Hyundai fan but you have to give it to them for being first with many things.
Old 29th December 2008, 15:36   #154
BHPian

Well Said Extreme_Torque!
If somebody has 5.5 lacs then
He would by the Vista QJD if:
1)He loves driving
2)Likely to do a lot of driving because of point 1
3)Concerned about running cost because of point 2

Let me think why would somebody buy i20
1)Doesnt like driving and doesnt care about engine specs
2)Keeps the car always in garage because of point 1 and is concerned about running costs
3)Likes to show off about the goodies inside but would never drive the car
Old 29th December 2008, 15:39   #155
BHPian

I feel i20 priced quite high(considering it is "introductory price"?). It comes within 30K of Dzire( Magna <=> Dzire Vxi, 20k diff. Asta <=> Dzire Zxi 30K diff) for similar specs. Given our preference for sedans, I think i20 will go Getz way. If Maruti adds split rear seats(which is there in some foreign models) at about additional 10K to Swift Zxi, will make sure that i20 will remain 2nd to Swift.
Old 29th December 2008, 15:51   #156
OEM
BHPian

Hyundai launches i20 @ Rs 4.80 lakh

Following on Sid blowing the cover's off the new i20 from Hyundai, Hyundai formally took the covers off it. Thanks Sid;-)

And for all those chewing their nails about the rates, looks like Hyundai is back to reality. Good for them

Hyundai launches i20 @ Rs 4.80 lakh

As for the full story here goes....
http://sify.com/finance/fullstory.ph...30&?vsv=TopHP1
Old 29th December 2008, 15:56   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
In the end all will sell, and Hyundai will be assured by Indian customers that their strategy is working again.
not really,
they did their best to sell the Getz. engine options (1.3 and 1.5), facelift, then CRDi option and a "Made in India and exported the world over" campaign. No cigar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp421b
Let me know where you can aftermarket curtain airbags. I am no Hyundai fan but you have to give it to them for being first with many things.
no you can't. and i've already stated that its a great move by Hyundai for raising the bar in this class of cars. Maybe you would like to move back a couple of pages and read my posts.

additionally, i do not consider airbags as "bells and whistles". i believe they must be made mandatory equipment in all cars. this will make the roads safer for all, and also bring the unit cost of these devices down.

my definition of bells and whistles would include the other stuff, the alloys, the "ipod ready" music system, power windows, electrically operated orvms and such.

hope that clarifies my point.
Old 29th December 2008, 16:01   #158
BHPian

I appreciate Hyundai for launching this great car with an excellent pricing. I am sure a 1.4 litre version will be out soon with about 20-25k extra, as they did in the case of i10. Even then the pricing looks good considering the features, interior space and "apparent build quality".
Old 29th December 2008, 16:01   #159
BHPian

So finally the car has launched in India. That's great.
Old 29th December 2008, 16:04   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
Even then the pricing looks good considering the features, interior space and "apparent build quality".
i don't think hyundai has ever offered a product with iffy build quality. i do believe their build quality is right up there.
Old 29th December 2008, 16:05   #161
BHPian

if we compare
Swift Zxi Rs 5,09,225 with i20 asta Rs 5,59,900

50k difference. Features difference?. Hell lot of difference. i20 is way ahead i guess.
Old 29th December 2008, 16:09   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
if we compare
Swift Zxi Rs 5,09,225 with i20 asta Rs 5,59,900

50k difference. Features difference?. Hell lot of difference. i20 is way ahead i guess.
the swift can really move. highly doubt if the i20 can match up there.

and like the discussion is about, its what you want to pay for, an engine or bells and whistles.
Old 29th December 2008, 16:19   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_rider View Post
the swift can really move. highly doubt if the i20 can match up there.

and like the discussion is about, its what you want to pay for, an engine or bells and whistles.
depends where u want to drive. If 98% of the time it is city driving than i20 is better.

I dont think 80 bhp i20 would be "that" bad. Wasnt a 77bhp City a best seller?
Old 29th December 2008, 16:26   #164
BHPian

Saw Adil Jal Darukhanawala driving the i20 with cam mounted on the driver side door/window. I was right behind him driving my loaded with people wagon r, but couldnt resist trying to keep up with him towards the amby switchbacks. Was right behind him almost kissing the back of the car. Nice.
Looks good, korean cars are really going places.
Old 29th December 2008, 16:27   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
depends where u want to drive. If 98% of the time it is city driving than i20 is better.

I dont think 80 bhp i20 would be "that" bad. Wasnt a 77bhp City a best seller?
agree completely. it'll be just fine in the city.

Most Viewed