Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2008, 17:26   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_rider View Post
so its basically the same engine (from the i10)..isn't it ?? on a bigger, heavier car. hmmm...am I the only one who thinks this car is a bit of a lemon ?
----
this whole excise-cut driven engine capacity limitation by manufaturers is getting frustrating. I was most disappointed when the new Indica Vista also came with a 1.3. quadra jet, multi jet, fancy jet, water jet, bollocks. give us the meat guys.

fancy jet, water jet, turbo jet, qudra jet cant stop laughing lolz

i would just buy this car over others for the 6 airbags. FATC, rear AC vents--(not sure).

just amazing car!!!. hyundai is awesome yepeee!!

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Jaggu : 29th December 2008 at 18:39. Reason: back to back posts
Old 29th December 2008, 17:29   #182
BANNED

IMO, i20 is over-priced by around 30,000. A price range of 4.5 - 5.5 is some sort of decent pricing. If this is introductory price, and a bigger engine on the cards, what will be the price of i20 after one year?
Old 29th December 2008, 18:30   #183
Senior - BHPian

I'm not impressed by the photos of this car. I hope it looks better in the flesh. Why do the new Hyundai i-cars have a flabby look to them?.
Old 29th December 2008, 18:36   #184
SuperSyn

For sure the price is higher than Indica Vista. But then i20 also has more equipment! And good looks never hurt, people pay for that. Vista is so anonymous and boring.

Tata are not totally helpless. I think eventually they will react and launch a:
  • 89 bhp FIAT diesel. Same 1.3 engine, but with VG turbo.

• trim variant above Aura (Ether?) that matches most/all of the i20s features.

Old 29th December 2008, 18:37   #185
Senior - BHPian

I dont think its fair to get a price idea from Getz CRDI vis a vis i20 diesel. i20 diesel will sport either 1.4 ltr 75 bhp or 1.4ltr 100 bhp engine instead of the 1.6 ltr verna engine. It would qualify for the excise benefit and of course would be cheaper than its elder brother doing duty on Verna. A price difference of around 60k can be expected vis a vis 1.2 kappa.
One more thing I want to remind the forummers is that 77 bhp engine with decent handling car is quite okeyish. In outright acceleration it should outdo the 75 bhp MJD engine from fiat. Of course the torque would mostly dictate the in gear accerlation and usable power. The engine though is quite good for a 1.2 ltr. Having dual overhead camshafts, and its quite new to the engine doing duty on Swift petrol. Going by torque figures, if its even close to driveability as Swift Petrol, than we have a sure shot winner on our hands.

Hyundai please do something about the interior color, before ppl puke to .

Here is a small comparo between Swift Zxi, Vdi and i20 Asta.

Compare - New Cars

Last edited by aseem : 29th December 2008 at 18:41.
Old 29th December 2008, 18:37   #186
Senior - BHPian

Not a great feat here, but a very good step forward by Hyundai. I appreciate them for taking a bold step in redefining the segment especially in these bad times.

Want to see how Honda reponds with the Jazz. Cant expect much goodies from Honda apart from a high price tag, good built and decent engine.
Old 29th December 2008, 18:38   #187
BHPian

well... I think all those who call cars overpriced/VFM without living with/driving the cars need to try this:

buy the most aptly priced car you believe cheaper than the car you call overpriced, kit it up aftermarket to the same features as the overpriced car, live with it for six months. Then try to borrow for a day the overpriced car from any friends/relatives/rentals if possible. then rate your experience.

I am sure there are a few cars which certainly will lose out since they actually are overpriced (think fabia diesel, i10), but in general the overall ownership costs, convenience, feeling of general happiness when you enter the car erase any 'overpricedness'.
Old 29th December 2008, 18:43   #188
Senior - BHPian

Its great that hyundai is offering side / curtain air bags on a family hatch....
Old 29th December 2008, 19:02   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Its great that hyundai is offering side / curtain air bags on a family hatch....
But it is coming with a cost...i suppose. Safety features on the cars in India has the riders...pay extra for safety of you and your dear ones.

Last edited by snaronikar : 29th December 2008 at 19:03.
Old 29th December 2008, 19:08   #190
BHPian

And it also has a button to put off the Co Passengers Airbag, hahaha LOLs
Old 29th December 2008, 19:10   #191
Senior - BHPian

It is there to turn off the airbag in case a baby or small child is on the seat. Airbags tend to kill in such instances. No laughing matter.
Old 29th December 2008, 19:18   #192
Senior - BHPian

guys how about the Indica vista limited edition with alloys and other extra's for 5.04 lakhs exshowroom
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-launched.html
Old 29th December 2008, 19:23   #193
Senior - BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Edited. Personal attacks on fellow BHPians are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. All members are part of the Team-BHP family and any discriminating or derogatory comment is uncalled for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post

Seems like Fiat and Hyundai have started a new trend. Launch the car with a pedestrian engine but load it up with features.
Why do we have to drag fiat into this thread?? And which 'Feature rich' car from Fiat are u talking about?? AFAIK, those losers haven't launched any worthwhile cars here in the last decade!! Unless you are referring to the linea/grande punto!! Pls let them launch something first, then call them a car company!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
Well Said Extreme_Torque!
If somebody has 5.5 lacs then
He would by the Vista QJD if:
1)He loves driving
2)Likely to do a lot of driving because of point 1
3)Concerned about running cost because of point 2

Let me think why would somebody buy i20
1)Doesnt like driving and doesnt care about engine specs
2)Keeps the car always in garage because of point 1 and is concerned about running costs
3)Likes to show off about the goodies inside but would never drive the car
Oh my god!! Indica for driving pleasure?? Now i've seen everything. From your profile I understand u own an indica Tcic, compared to that, the vista may be good, but sorry to say this, its just another poorly put together piece of junk by Tata! Heck even with the same engine as the swift, it is nowhere as involving/fast to drive!

Last edited by GTO : 31st December 2008 at 12:39.
JayD is online now   Received Infraction
Old 29th December 2008, 19:25   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
But it is coming with a cost...i suppose. Safety features on the cars in India has the riders...pay extra for safety of you and your dear ones.
Whaddaya expect?? There is no such thing as a free lunch?? Will you pay them the money to install the airbags etc on all the cars for free?? No right??
Atleast they're offering it as an option, which itself is a first in its class!
Old 29th December 2008, 19:32   #195
BHPian

Zakas!!! is the word.

Correct pricing Correct feature list.

Hyundai will definitely put more engine options in future , but for normal city driving, the current engine option is good enough.

Hope this becomes a hit and will set a trend to give offer complete cars in all the ranges by everybody.

Kudos to hyundai!!

Last edited by hrishig : 29th December 2008 at 19:33.

Most Viewed