Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2009, 19:49   #451
BHPian

Has anyone booked an i20 so far ? If so which variant and when is the expected delivery?
Old 10th January 2009, 21:46   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesh.b View Post
Sorry my bad..
not fair comparison -
still vxi and Magna - 50 k difference is still huge...
this is a pretty price sensitive segment...

Also, remains to be seem what Maruti does with the next offering...

Yeah, this should be compared to a Swift Vxi.
But considering that the i20 Magna comes with a music system, more space and better interiors, I feel the difference can be a bit justified.
and if Overdrive review of the 13kmpl mileage is city is true, the i20 Magna looks to be a value package.
Old 10th January 2009, 22:44   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
Has anyone booked an i20 so far ? If so which variant and when is the expected delivery?
Hah! The Linea which was launched after the i20 already has 5-6 bookings on Team-BHP. I wonder what Hyundai is thinking by not providing TDs till now. People will come, feel, drool over those curtain airbags and book the vehicle ?
Old 10th January 2009, 22:59   #454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Hah! The Linea which was launched after the i20 already has 5-6 bookings on Team-BHP. I wonder what Hyundai is thinking by not providing TDs till now. People will come, feel, drool over those curtain airbags and book the vehicle ?
Actually 2 days back I did see one brand new white i20 Asta parked outside a house in Noida. So it looks like deliveries have also started for i20!!!
Old 10th January 2009, 23:13   #455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Like they did to Fabia

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
Well, they want to sell ~1250 cars a month (15k a year). They want to obviously take away Fabia & Swift market-share.

Maybe it is. But I've driven my cousin's ZXI many times so I know its pretty good. And all I'm saying is - the i20, while not as fast as a Swift nor as "premium" as the Fabia, is a good overall package at an in-between price.
Fabia's what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Just saw on OD first drive of i20 (on CNN IBN):

0-100kmph time: 13.6s
FE: 13.9kmpl in city, 19 kmpl on highway run

Very decent figures isint it?
Yah right! Saw an episode wherein they were comparing cars on a race track. Very biased comments some were.

Swift gets good mileage when you do higher speeds on highway drives.
Old 11th January 2009, 00:47   #456
BANNED

Quote:
Well, they want to sell ~1250 cars a month (15k a year). They want to obviously take away Fabia & Swift market-share.
Swift sells nearly 9000 per month. And i20 selling 1250 pm will not make too much of a difference to Swift, but only to Fabia.

Quote:
They're not going after the low-budget buyer in this case. And by this theory, the Jazz is already history? Surely Honda will be charging a premium for it.
Come on man, Jazz is a Honda!

Quote:
My cousin's ZXI gives 11-11.5 at the MAX - Minimum was as low as 9.5 kmpl.
Wow! Then, if your cousin drive an i20, he may get around 10kmpl only, I'm sure!
Old 11th January 2009, 10:26   #457
BHPian

I am not so disappointed with 1.2l engine, but price is indeed way too high. If they remove music system & electrical OVRM and reduce price by 75K for Asta model, it would a big hit. I would any day prefer to put my preferred music system in my car and electronic OVRM though sound good, I know for fact that often they cost 8k to10 to replace and crazy parking lots and careless kids/traffic often break them. BTW, most insurance companies don't pay for them either - my friend suffered this problem evry few months with his Skoda. IAt's not only about initial additional cost they add to car pricing, its also the maintenance that is associated with them.

I can get Diesel Swift VDI (ABS) for 5,74L on road i Pune, and i20 Asta is 6.36L - is this 60k difference justified??? In Swift I get awesome, fuel efficient Diesel engine -- i 20 1.l petrol is yet to be tested, and would not be as economic as Swift diesel.
Old 11th January 2009, 14:17   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
I can get Diesel Swift VDI (ABS) for 5,74L on road i Pune, and i20 Asta is 6.36L - is this 60k difference justified??? In Swift I get awesome, fuel efficient Diesel engine -- i 20 1.l petrol is yet to be tested, and would not be as economic as Swift diesel.
Well the Swift VDI does not have airbags, and a host of other features present in the Swift ZXi model. So, it will depend on whether safety and other conveniences like Climate control, and having more usage space inside the cabin and dicky matters to you for the 60k difference ? Different people will have different needs, or ?
The more close comparison is between Swift ZXi and i20 Asta IMO. And the i20 Asta does cost 50+k more than ZXi ...
Old 11th January 2009, 17:45   #459
BHPian

Hi All,

I just had a look at Hyundai i20 yesterday. In fact myself and mom went to the Hyundai Showroom to have a look at i10 - and we were just memerised by the looks of i20. i10 itself is so classy, but we are bowled over by i20.

Tell you what I have seen and driven swifts ..... Swift is NO WHERE near i20 in looks. The i20 is simply comparable to a sedan like Honda City although it lacks a Boot!

Here are some things which will make you think i20 is far better than any other hatchback launched in India so far:-

1) Overall Width (mm)
Swift - 1690
Honda City - 1695
i20 - 1710
Tata Sumo - 1726
Logan - 1740

2) Suspension (although a subjective view), most feel that Swift has bouncy rally based suspension. This baby i20 has a WONDERFULL suspension.

3) Kappa 1.2L engine - 80bhp (sufficient), slient, peppy.

4) Wonderful a/c - and some logistics behind the a/c NOT affecting engine performance (actually no one knows fully about it right now)

5) Interiors - I felt the interiors were similar to Honda City. Not just the dashboard or door panel quality, the steering-console look and feel. Vertically adjustible seats, tilt steering. WOW!

6) Visibility - wonderful view of road by even a woman of 5 feet !

7) Gear Shift - Amazingly smooth. click-click-click. Joystick model!

8) Power Steering - I thought Honda City has the best steering, sorry guys i20 is no-effort steering. Take my word for it. ABSOLUTELY no effort required to rotate it.

9) Looks - Swift - some like it, some liked it, some dint like it, some started liking it, some will never like it.
i20 - dont go by the snaps on internet. Go see the vehicle in showroom! Even a verna will seem nothing in front of the i20 when u view from front.

10) Price - 5.25 onroad cochin price. Not Bad at all.

11) Boot space
Swift – 230
i20 – 292 …. Its really huge.

Overall length and width ….. man it IS a huge car. GO CHECK OUT!
I would call it a mini-innova!
Old 11th January 2009, 21:05   #460
BHPian

sam_sant2005 congrates for your new ride. i think you are the first one in here to get i20. Can you go for a detailed review for it along with the pics.
Old 11th January 2009, 21:07   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Just saw on OD first drive of i20 (on CNN IBN):
0-100kmph time: 13.6s
FE: 13.9kmpl in city, 19 kmpl on highway run
13.6 to 100 kph is not so bad. Its probably only a second down compared to the Swift. I was expecting more like 15.

Of course, that does not mean drivability will be great. We know for a fact that the Santro's 1.1 liter has better low end drivability than the new 1.2
Old 11th January 2009, 22:08   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
sam_sant2005 congrates for your new ride. i think you are the first one in here to get i20. Can you go for a detailed review for it along with the pics.
I dont see a mention of him booking the car. And are the TDs already available ? The last time I checked, it was supposed to be from the 14th of Jan. And without a TD, how can one classify the engine as Peppy ?
Old 11th January 2009, 22:16   #463
BHPian

Quote:
People will come, feel, drool over those curtain airbags and book the vehicle ?
Just wait fo the truck strike to get over and most of the dealerships will get more cars for display. Then they will start giving test drives too. Till then you can drool!
Old 11th January 2009, 22:35   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Oh man i guess u got me wrong! I havent booked the car. It was my review based on wat i saw in the showroom. And neverthless Iam not a kind of person who would book a freshly launched car without its real road test atleast for 6 months, Anyways sorry if my review mislead
Old 11th January 2009, 22:41   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I dont see a mention of him booking the car. And are the TDs already available ? The last time I checked, it was supposed to be from the 14th of Jan. And without a TD, how can one classify the engine as Peppy ?
ok ...well peppy i said is bcoz .. i was just referring the kappa engine on i10. its response is good. I have a esteem with me. This one was not tat quite powerful enuf but still peppy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks