Team-BHP - Hyundai I20 Launched at Rs 4.80 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai I20 Launched at Rs 4.80 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/51256-hyundai-i20-launched-rs-4-80-lakh.html)

Hyundai I20 Launched at Rs 4.80 lakh-exclusive_hyundai_i20.jpg

There seem to be i20s on the road. It seems Hyundai has either started delivering the i20 to special customers? I thought the i20 was being launched in January?

If Hyundai go all so soft on disclosing when their cars are being launched how do they manage to freely drive them on public roads without camouflage?

Source

may be it was coming from ARAI pune and driven by a hyundai official?

or it could be a demo car on its way to a dealer?

All said and done, i dont like the car from this angle. Looks bad to me.
Maybe its going to a dealer.

ACI has tested the i20 for next month's Car of the Year feature but as of now it hasn't yet been officially launched.

:D That particular car is a test car. Where did you spot it?

Could be a 'Press Car', car given to a magazine for featuring in a subsequent issue.
Could also be a dealer car, if the launch is around the corner.
@ Abhinav: I quite like how it looks :-)
@ Cyrus: I doubt it's a test car. A company testing car would have trade plates - not a temp. registration. Unless you mean test by an auto magazine, which is usually called a 'press car' by manufacturers

Well, spotted a white i20 yesterday near Delhi-Gurgaon road. It didn't have any number plate and was not camouflaged.

This looks like a test car.
In Chandigarh, 'TC' series of numbers are reserved for test cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 (Post 1107589)
All said and done, i dont like the car from this angle. Looks bad to me.
Maybe its going to a dealer.

+1 to that, didn't like the look at all from this angle atleast.

looks more like a Indica Vista from that angle to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 1107630)
:D That particular car is a test car. Where did you spot it?

Ah so you know something about it then. Is it the ACI test car?

Let me just say that this car drives very well and looks equally stunning!! Get the hint?? :D

Please give more hints Cyrus.

Had a talk with my friend here at HMP Mathura road , Delhi. He said though the cars have arrived (on 25'th) & are being kept in crates in the warehouse, behind the workshop, They will reveal the car to the public on Monday evening / Tuesday only as it gets launched on Monday (29'th).

Plus , no deliveries or test drives for 2008 as they want to clear up the existing stocks (like he told me that their santro stock has been sold out). They will start deliveries & proper production with the 2009 batch only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 1107848)
Let me just say that this car drives very well and looks equally stunning!! Get the hint?? :D

Aaah! I get it! you're from the ACI test team - and you've driven that red car! Holy Moly!!!!

Tell us more! tell us more!!

BTW - the GC doesn't look good.