Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2009, 09:34   #46
BHPian

Dzire or Swift D? Nah! Verna and Getz D.
Old 1st January 2009, 10:08   #47
Senior - BHPian

according to me the diesels with least amount of in-cabin noise are:
1) scorpio mHawk
2) verna CRDi
3) getz crdi
i found the swift, dzire, fiesta and innova to be more noisy than the above mentioned cars/SUV.
Old 1st January 2009, 11:33   #48
BHPian

Anyone tried the Indigo XL.? How does it feel like?
Old 1st January 2009, 17:56   #49
Senior - BHPian

the indigo engines are very noisy, especially the DICOR. i have no idea whether they have done some additional damping on the XL, but i remember somebody owns 2 indigo XLs on this forum.
Old 1st January 2009, 19:02   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Ford Fiesta hands down. The hatchbacks don't even come close on this one.
Incabin noise in the fiesta TDCi is minimal, better than the swift but only at idle.

The best engine is on the swift D. Nitrous and I had once TDed the sample from the dealer close to my home and the swift D rocks. Even with engine idling and bonnet open, one could hardly hear the clatter.

The best part is it revs like a petrol engine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
the indigo engines are very noisy, especially the DICOR. i have no idea whether they have done some additional damping on the XL, but i remember somebody owns 2 indigo XLs on this forum.
Indigo and all TATA vehicles lack refinement, but are good engines!
Old 1st January 2009, 20:31   #51
BHPian

Most of my friends who just hop in for the first time on my VERNA SX Crdi ask me whether its a petrol car. Its so sillent inside.
Old 1st January 2009, 21:08   #52
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Incabin noise in the fiesta TDCi is minimal, better than the swift but only at idle.

The best engine is on the swift D. Nitrous and I had once TDed the sample from the dealer close to my home and the swift D rocks. Even with engine idling and bonnet open, one could hardly hear the clatter.

The best part is it revs like a petrol engine!
Did you try the Verna? It revs even better! The noise is higher than the Swift, but the insulation of the cabin is waaaaaaaaay better.

Old 1st January 2009, 22:34   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

The Verna CRDi is very well insulated. The Fiesta 1.4TDCi comes next I believe followed by the Swift and the Scorpio MHawk. Tata cars don't match these. The Indica Vista (1.3 MJD) is a notch above.
We are all talking about the least diesel engine noise in the cabin,keeping the upper price limit as Rs 10 lakh.
The most noisy of them all in history was the Mahindra MD International 2350 engine that powered the CJ 500 D (post 1975 )and other Mahindra jeeps in the series with this engine.The Mahindra FC 260D too was powered by the International engine that powered Mahindra tractors.The cabin noise was horrible-can't tell how many decibels the intensity was, but the passengers had to shout to talk to each other.The jeep used to rattle and vibrate while idling. Even the Ambassador BMC 1489cc diesel was not so noisy.
The XD4.90P Peugeot engines that came by since the early 1980's, to power Mahindra jeeps offered a great respite from the crude cabin noise.
Old 1st January 2009, 23:37   #54
BHPian

The Verna D may be silent inside but when you are out it is too loud for my liking.The Fiesta is better overall.
Old 2nd January 2009, 07:10   #55
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.V.R View Post
The Verna D may be silent inside but when you are out it is too loud for my liking.The Fiesta is better overall.
Agreed!
But please do check the thread's title again!

Old 2nd January 2009, 09:04   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Did you try the Verna? It revs even better! The noise is higher than the Swift, but the insulation of the cabin is waaaaaaaaay better.

Well, maybe the sample I TD was bad - Dont know, It was LOUD, infact louder than my 3 cyl accent!

But the Swift D was great!
Old 19th February 2013, 11:26   #57
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which diesel car has the best in-cabin noise insulation (<10 lacs)

The Ertiga's cabin insulation is one of the best I've experienced. I thought my old gen Swift was silent compared to my cousin's Micra, but the Ertiga has aced even the Swift. I'm sure the new Swift will be equally good.
Old 19th February 2013, 11:39   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Which diesel car has the best in-cabin noise insulation (<10 lacs)

From reports & reviews I feel the new Fiesta has probably the best sound insulation! Don't know how new Verna fares in the region. It will be interesting to have a take on this now, with so many diesel options around!
Old 19th February 2013, 12:38   #59
BHPian

Let me throw in the Chevrolet sail twins ,although I have been in the hatch only.very silent cabin, I TD ertiga and sail back to back . Subjectively I found the sail better.
Old 19th February 2013, 14:26   #60
BHPian

Among all the hatches i20 crdi has got the quietest cabin which is difficult to judge as diesel car when in the back seat.

Fiesta tdci is also very silent inside. Swift,dzire and Ertiga are pretty good as well.

I think new gen Tata cars like Vista and Manza have got good insulation compared to what it was with previous gen Tatas.
Turbokick is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks