Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2008, 10:35   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
i will book 2 in my wife's and son's name. Then I will sell my bookings in the black market for a profit
Book more, like 10 cars. Then you can become a dealer and sell Nano's in white market and gain the profit as in black market

Last edited by ritz830 : 31st December 2008 at 10:38.
Old 31st December 2008, 10:42   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Who do you think is going to ask for this clause?
Tata asking for it as likely as Pepsi imposing a clause that you cannot buy a Pepsi if you have already drunk one earlier in the day.
Well a good question, who will ask for this clause. May be the Department Road Transport and Highways, set in some new policy.

If as per you buying and drinking 2 Pepsi's and buying and driving 2 cars are similar things, then, i apologise cant take it any further from here.

Think about the picture mate. Think again. Most of the household already have 2-3 cars and add a Nano each to it. Think.. Think gain.
Old 31st December 2008, 10:50   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830 View Post
Book more, like 10 cars. Then you can become a dealer and sell Nano's in white market and gain the profit as in black market
To add to this, for booking a 5 lakh car you at most pay 50000rs, for a approx. 1 lakh car the booking amount should not exceed 10000rs.

Yeipeeeee

1 lakh --- 10 cars booked.
Premium of at least 10000rs on each car --- sums upto a lakh.

Woooooo.... earning a lakh in 2-3 months is not bad.

Mein lakhpati banuuunga cheers:
Old 31st December 2008, 10:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

tata should be grateful to its initial customers. it ought to be giving us loyalty discounts
Old 31st December 2008, 11:09   #20
Senior - BHPian

Unfortunately they missed the year 2008 for the launch of this car. There were news about the car coming on 28th december. But the problems proved to be too much to handle for Tata.

This is very late, but atleast its coming. Its like " Der se aya, durust aya ".

But the real outcome will be after that. Traffic jams, people coming to blows for parking, etc. I will then be forced to use public transport.
Old 31st December 2008, 11:20   #21
Senior - BHPian

i am looking for second hand nano.
i hope, i will get it with half the price of newone within first week of its launch.
Old 31st December 2008, 11:38   #22
Senior - BHPian

I think the launch is closer than March - April. I saw 2 Nano's on Hosur Road yesterday and they seemed to be coming from the TATA workshop on Hosur Road.
Old 31st December 2008, 13:24   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Think about the picture mate. Think again. Most of the household already have 2-3 cars and add a Nano each to it. Think.. Think gain.
Most households don't have 2-3 cars. 1 is okay. Please note that Nano is launched because there are people who cannot even afford a Maruti 800.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
I guess everyone should buy 2 Nanos!!

1st one for travelling and 2nd one for spare parts.
Very true. I am sure the initial lot is going to be like the V1 of Indica. So are we getting a "un"Limited edition of Nano in 2018?
Old 31st December 2008, 13:33   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Most households don't have 2-3 cars. 1 is okay. Please note that Nano is launched because there are people who cannot even afford a Maruti 800.
That is what i exactly wanted to say. There should be clauses to NANO's sale or else everbody would want one. Even the house holds having 2-3 cars would want one and as you said there are people who still cant afford a M800, they would definitely want one.

So all in all majority would want a Nano and if that happens there will be more chaos for authorities.

A clause here would help, the priority should be given to households who dont even have one car.

Last edited by Bubby : 31st December 2008 at 13:35.
Old 31st December 2008, 13:45   #25
Senior - BHPian

Not Really. People who have 2-3 cars might just do the opposite. They might just sell one of their old cars and buy a Nano or add it to their collection.

However, someone who can afford 2-3 cars would not be caught dead in a NANO as to Tarnish his so called image by sitting in a "people's car". Lastly, Its a free country, why should there be any clauses on any sale and purchase of cars. Its absolutely not fair to do a "rationing" of the car.
Old 31st December 2008, 13:55   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Not Really. People who have 2-3 cars might just do the opposite. They might just sell one of their old cars and buy a Nano or add it to their collection. However, someone who can afford 2-3 cars would not be caught dead in a NANO as to Tarnish his so called image by sitting in a "people's car". Lastly, Its a free country, why should there be any clauses on any sale and purchase of cars. Its absolutely not fair to do a "rationing" of the car.
Well i have 3 cars and i will definitely buy a Nano and i would feel proud to own one

Regarding, its a free country and there should be no rationing, i totally agree with you, keeping the clauses was just my view point, as i felt that by doing so the number of Nano's on road would be kept in check.
Old 31st December 2008, 14:09   #27
BHPian

if the Nano proves to be good, I will ask my dad to go for this after selling his 5yr old WagonR. The proceeds of the WagonR resale would fully cover Nano's cost and leave cash to spare!
Old 31st December 2008, 14:10   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Well i have 3 cars and i will definitely buy a Nano and i would feel proud to own one
I wish everyone was like you. Unfortunately thats not the case! So case dismissed?

Happy New year!
Old 31st December 2008, 14:11   #29
BHPian

Nano will make us fart even more greenhouse gas per household.

Indians top the pollution charts across the world. After nano, we will create history in C02 emission.
Old 3rd January 2009, 14:37   #30
BHPian

Well...

seems nano may get launched on 26 January as this day is very symbolic to India... toady Pune Mirror had this on there front page... according to
them a leading dealer & Tata insiders has confirmed it & an all dealer meeting has been called by Tata Motors on Monday... lets wait for Monday...

Pune Mirror - will Nano come out to play on R-day?, News - Cover Story,Pune Mirror=

Most Viewed