Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2009, 16:44   #46
Senior - BHPian

Is it going to be sold by the same Tata network of dealers or there is going to be dealers selling nano exclusively ?
Old 30th January 2009, 17:23   #47
BHPian

I would like to book it as soon as TATA starts taking bookings. Ideal for my drive from Home to office and back. No parking problem and in cases of scratches and dents the max damage cannot be more than a Lac .

Tata please start the booking fast and delivering the cars. In case of Limited metros please launch it Mumbai.
Old 30th January 2009, 17:28   #48
BANNED

I would like to own one as soon as it is launched.
Would be an ideal city move around. And the best is the satisfaction to own our country's pride!
Old 4th February 2009, 07:50   #49
BHPian

Saw a Red coloured NANO being tested on NICE Road, Bangalore (Bannerghatta road -> Hosur road stretch) at around 1630 hrs. Was going too fast to take pics though.
Old 4th February 2009, 08:11   #50
BHPian

The Nano-volution

Well just a general thought on this nano thread. I remember how the tvs 50/luna became an enormous hit and craze in india. Everyone started using it because it was small and convenient for transporting around stuff (its still widely used by shopkeepers etc nowdays). But the release of the luna saw an increase in the number 2 wheelers on indian roads and we all know how many 2 wheelers ply now days.
Now with the expected release of the nano, if the car does become a craze and starts selling in large numbers, do we see another tvs 50 like revolution taking place? Will the nano start replacing bikes as an option on indian roads? If that is the case, are we heading to an era of more congestion and heavier traffic? Are bikes a necessary evil given the current traffic scenario on indian roads?
Old 4th February 2009, 08:13   #51
BHPian

Waiting to see them running around the city. It will look nice and a proud sight too. Thinking of booking one for my wife.
Old 5th February 2009, 11:12   #52
BHPian

Well, Nano is the Dream car for many indians,
but i cant even imagin, what will happen on our already congested roads.

I am already fearing about the massive traffic Jams & Smokes.

Well, I will also book 1 as a spare car.

Will park it outside my home, without any worry.

Can not imagine The Traffic Jam & Chaos on the already congested Indian Roads.

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th February 2009 at 12:48.
Old 5th February 2009, 12:13   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
Well, I will also book 1 as a spare car.

Will park it outside my home, without any worry.

Can not imagine The Traffic Jam & Chaos on the already congested Indian Roads.
This is india buddy. The car will cost you 1lakh, but the repairs and maintenance will amount to more then the cost of the nano .
I thought theyve implemented the new rule in chennai, that you can only buy a car if you have parking space at home. Dont know the exact rule that theyve introduced, but wondering how long it'll be before it catches onto other cities. And what will happen to the country if people start booking "spare" cars!

Last edited by pras.oct25 : 5th February 2009 at 12:15.
Old 5th February 2009, 12:26   #54
BHPian

According to TOI, bookings will begin by Feb end and the booking amount will be around Rs 70000/-.

Quote:
Ahmedabad: Bookings for the Rs 1 lakh Nano will begin by February end. The booking amount for the world’s cheapest car will be around Rs 70,000. But, even after paying 70% of the car’s total cost, the wait could be quite long.
Sources familiar with development said that all dealers of Tata Motors and branches of the State Bank of India (SBI) will accept bookings simultaneously across the country in the next three weeks. SBI will initially engaged 100 branches and take the number eventually to 1,000.
Tata Motors and SBI have entered into an exclusive arrangement for the Nano car. SBI will not only act as sole lender to buyers but also offer its branches for bookings.
As Tata Motors is eyeing initial bookings of over one lakh cars, the company hopes to collect around Rs 700 crore in just a few weeks. Allotment will be made through a draw and, going by projections even during this recession, those at the top of the draw would have the choice of becoming proud owners of the first Nanos, or getting a premium in the black market.
Nano would be launched in March 2009 with cars rolling out from the Pantnagar plant in Uttranchal. This plant can produce only 3,000 cars per month — just a fraction of the demand.
Things will ease only after the cars roll out of Sanand plant near Ahmedabad which will have an initial capacity of producing 2,50,000 cars per annum. But the Gujarat plant will take at least one year to start production.
Nano’s launch had been scheduled for 2008 but plans got derailed when Tatas were forced out of Singur in West Bengal.
Old 5th February 2009, 14:33   #55
BHPian

"Lottery"

Ok,so here we are indulging in 'Lotteries' again. Don't know if Govt. will charge windfall gain tax on the premium a person earns if he thinks of selling his car in the black market
Old 6th February 2009, 10:15   #56
BHPian

Tata Motors may roll out Nano on March 3

Tata Motors' Nano, the small car seen as a symbol of India's expertise in frugal engineering, is likely to be launched on March 3. Billed as the world's cheapest, the small car's first recipients may be celebrities, including political leaders, social workers, sports stars and film stars.
Government officials said the company had chosen March 3 as the launch date because it is the birth anniversary of Tata Group founder, Jamsetji Tata. However, the details had not yet been firmed up.
When contacted, a spokesperson for Tata Motors said, "We have not announced an official date or any marketing plans so far."
Sources in the government, however, said: "The Tatas are planning to give Nano to celebrities initially. Senior Tata officials had discussed this at the Vibrant Gujarat Summit recently."
Those likely to figure in the list include President Pratibha Patil, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress President Sonia Gandhi and Opposition Leader LK Advani.
The company may also reserve a Nano for Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee, the chief minister of West Bengal, where it was to be made initially. Others likely to get it are sports stars like Sania Mirza, Sachin Tendulkar and Mahendra Singh Dhoni. Still others may be those who endorse Tata brands, like actors Aamir Khan, Ajay Devgan and Kajol.
Narendra Modi, the chief minister of Gujarat, who was instrumental in attracting the Nano plant to Gujarat after it failed to take off in West Bengal owing to political controversy over land acquisition, may also be given the car.
"This marketing strategy will help the Tatas brand the common man's car as people's car. It will be a car for the masses," sources said.
However, the masses may have to brave a waiting period as Tata Motors dealers will start taking bookings for the car before the Sanand factory reaches full production. The booking amount is likely to be Rs 70,000 a car.
The standard model will be available for Rs 1 lakh and there will two other models priced at Rs 1.24 lakh and Rs 1.34 lakh.

Tata Motors may roll out Nano on March 3
Old 6th February 2009, 12:05   #57
Senior - BHPian

Why to Sachin Tendulkar, Ajay Devgan, Kajol or the ministers? It is for common people, Not for Uncommon people. Would you ever see these stars or ministers in a Nano? No-No!
Old 16th February 2009, 10:11   #58
Senior - BHPian

Tata ready to start delivery of much awaited NANO!!!

Yesterday evening I had spotted two Tata Nanos near Gurgaon Expressway toll gate. One a fully loaded Silver coloured and other a base model in white colour.

Any update?
Regards

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th February 2009 at 10:50. Reason: Search!!
Old 16th February 2009, 14:16   #59
BHPian

I'm not sure when they are planning to launch this car.
but I'm looking forward to replacing my bike with this car ;-)
Old 16th February 2009, 15:07   #60
Team-BHP Support

OT: saw one with temp registration board at Sarjapur road, managed to get some pics will post later. Pretty good looking car i say, wifee wants one !! :P

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks