Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2009, 02:17   #121
BHPian

Tata Motors to launch Rs 2-lakh diesel Nano by 2010

While the booking for the petrol Nano will start in a few weeks, it looks like Tata are gearing up to introduce it with the Diesel heart some time next year.

Even though this article states that Diesel will start at 2 lakhs, I think it will be priced lower for the base versions.
2 Petrol Nano's = 1 Diesel Nano

Source: Diesel Nano
Old 5th March 2009, 16:53   #122
Senior - BHPian

Mailer from TML:

Hi All,
We have announced the domestic launch of our much-awaited car, Tata Nano. Tata Nano will be launched at a function in Mumbai on March 23, 2009. The cars will be on display at Tata Motors dealerships from the first week of April 2009. Bookings will commence from the second week of April 2009.

We are making arrangements for the widest possible network to book the car, so that prospective customers can conveniently avail of booking facilities at their locations, across India. The booking process and other details will be announced on March 23, 2009.
You can log on to our website www.tatanano.com for all the updates, to air your views in forums and participate in contests. We hope to see you and your friends and family there.
Bye for now,
Tata Team
Old 5th March 2009, 17:09   #123
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Mailer from TML:

Hi All,
We have announced the domestic launch of our much-awaited car, Tata Nano. Tata Nano will be launched at a function in Mumbai on March 23, 2009. The cars will be on display at Tata Motors dealerships from the first week of April 2009. Bookings will commence from the second week of April 2009.

We are making arrangements for the widest possible network to book the car, so that prospective customers can conveniently avail of booking facilities at their locations, across India. The booking process and other details will be announced on March 23, 2009.
You can log on to our website www.tatanano.com for all the updates, to air your views in forums and participate in contests. We hope to see you and your friends and family there.
Bye for now,
Tata Team
Are'nt they pushing and buying some more time. Now its Second week of April
Old 5th March 2009, 17:21   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Are'nt they pushing and buying some more time. Now its Second week of April
I think the mail refers to the old release. Now, they have preponed the bookings by 2 weeks to fall on the same day as the launch, i.e. 23rd March.
Old 5th March 2009, 18:32   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I'm marking that day in the calender as the death of mumbai traffic
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar7778 View Post
Forget mumbai, even a remote rural village somewhere in east india will also be chocked can't imagine the day,

but soon India will be the no1 interms of 4 wheelers
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
that is so true..the mumbai traffic has got worst because of the sky walk work happening every where and now we have the nano coming...best of luck guys!!!
You think that roads will be choked for the car whose production capacity is 250,000 and can be extended to 500,000?
Old 5th March 2009, 19:24   #126
Senior - BHPian

I wish they would launch the Nano europa too.Its looks so cute,and it is packed with lots of features too.
Old 6th March 2009, 06:53   #127
Senior - BHPian

Stripped-down Alto likely to take on Nano- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Quote:
The executive, who asked not to be named, said the Alto, whose entry model costs Rs 2.3 lakh, will not be priced as low as the Nano, but will see “a significant mark-down”.
Old 6th March 2009, 15:06   #128
BHPian

Cool! Finally Tata has confirmed the launch date of the Nano. I am really excited to see how the car actually looks.
Old 8th March 2009, 00:33   #129
BHPian

First of all I'm sorry if I have unknowingly offended your feeling. However, let me explain myself better and then decide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
My friend, get rid of your car first then tell the world not to buy car!
My US colleages were asking me the possibility of importing nano.
Yes, I'd be more than happy to do that if I could. My work needs me to travel more than 150 kms per day and that is not possible without a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
Maybe you could yourself take public transport, and also convince a lot of others to do the same, life would be a lot better! What can/cannot Nano do? It will just help a lot of people who take their whole families around in motorbikes.
I've been waiting to do that. In fact my plan is that once metro reaches South Delhi, I'll stop using my car to go to office. Right now It is not possible to use public transport as I'll have to change 3 buses to just reach office. And yes I do make it a point to use public transport/walk whenever I can avoid taking my car.
Just for your record I was in Mumbai for 2 years and in those 2 years I drove my car for just 2000 kms as that city has a robust public transport backbone which till now is not there in Delhi.
I feel our government is doing a good job for public transport but it still is not enough as Delhi's shape (more circular as compared to Mumbai) makes it important to have an even more complex system to be effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakishRam View Post
For first time, I am feeling really bad over a thread in tbhp. Are we (most) against the idea of common people getting a chance to own a car? Are we under the mindset that roads are only meant for rich? Maybe that explains, why we don't give a damn for the pedestrians on road, isn't it?
Sorry, but many posters here are worried about Nano Launch when everybody should be proud over it.
Congrats Tata. Let the governments take care of the infrastructure issues, not you.
Note:- Is Nano exempted from road tax to worry this much?
I'm sorry if you took it that way. I feel cars do much more damage to the environment in cities. Though I love cars but still we have our own responsibility towards roads. And do you really think Nano will really be a car for the poor. I don't really think so. It will still cost nearly 1.5 L on road and fuel prices will still limit the usability for the poor. I'm afraid that it'll just be one more addition to the garages of the rich which can be used by their kids for going to school/college.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
Very narrow minded thoughts, true. If a small government employee family can travel in a nano instead of a splendour, why not? Let the government expand the roads!
Anyway, for the next 2 years, Tata aint gonna produce enough to fill up the roads!
It is not about increasing affordability of cars but restricting it due to the problems it will create. Just think that if just 25000 Nanos are added onto Delhi/Mumbai/Bangalore roads what will happen. Not just in terms of traffic but also pollution. Please remember higher the traffic more will be the idle waiting time and even more pollution. I do not think I need to explain the quality of air we have in these towns and how much worse will become.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
I completely agree with you. Maybe the tatas should give priorities to people who don't own any cars rather than to people who want it as a second car. I'm sure there will be a long waiting list and let the needy benefit first.

I know it will be difficult to identify car owners as people will lie on the booking forms. This is where the government can help by giving tata folks RTO support to see who is actually not a car owner at a particular address/name.
This is one point where I totally agree.

Sorry guys! if anyone has felt bad about my comment. But my comment was not in the sense and my mistake was not properly communicating my thoughts. I hope now you understand it better.
Old 8th March 2009, 17:12   #130
Senior - BHPian

Geneva 2009: Bodacious Tatas - Indian automaker debuts Nano Europa

Uttering the word "Europa" should spark memories of the funky and fragile Lotus of the '60s and '70s, or perhaps the British sportscar company's more recent revival. What one normally doesn't tend to think of is the [COLOR=#006fb1]Tata Nano[/COLOR].

That may change, however, as the discount Indian auto is slated to come to The Continent wearing the Nano Europa badge, and it will arrive with more standard equipment and a higher base price than the target $2,500 USD it will sell for in India. Judging from the production-ready models debuting at the [COLOR=#006fb1]Geneva Motor Show[/COLOR] this week, it will also be the best-looking Nano in the family.

While the naming usage may have Colin Chapman rolling in his minimalist coffin, the Nano Europa still shares a few similarities, including a low curb weight, small wheels at the corners, small engines with unusual placements, and so on.

The Europa differs significantly from the standard Nano with a longer 2.28-meter wheelbase (90 inches, or about 7.5 inches longer), a different drivetrain and added standard equipment. In fact, the Europa offers a raft of high-end new-to-Nano features like four-lug 14-inch alloy wheels, electric power steering, LED lighting (unlikely to see production) and even a standard passenger-side mirror. Did we mention it even has an all-aluminum three-cylinder engine and a five-speed transmission for less-dangerous highway cruising?

All joking aside, the Europa also figures to get more safety features, including stability control and anti-lock brakes, and Tata says the car will adhere to all necessary safety regulations before it goes on sale.

While pricing has not been announced, there is talk of hitting the 5,000 Euro bogey (around $6350 USD) when the car launches for 2011, and if the company can hit that target price, we suspect there will be far more Tata Europas extant than Lotus Europas in just a few months' worth of production. High-res gallery of both yellow and silver Europas below, official press release after the jump.

Few details of the showcasing of nano at the geneva auto show.
Old 10th March 2009, 19:05   #131
BHPian

Some more pictures of Nano captured using spy cameras during testing

Economic Times Hindi
Old 12th March 2009, 17:46   #132

‘People’s car’ stops commuters in Coimbatore

Hi,
I just came across this article... sorry if someone has already brought this up.... ...

The Hindu Business Line : ‘People’s car’ stops commuters in Coimbatore
Old 12th March 2009, 18:11   #133
BHPian

My prayers are with the Tata group for the success of this cute car. These are difficult times, particularly for Tata Motors, and I for one hope this car pulls then out of the danger zone.
Old 14th March 2009, 10:48   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VINUMON View Post
My prayers are with the Tata group for the success of this cute car. These are difficult times, particularly for Tata Motors, and I for one hope this car pulls then out of the danger zone.
+1 to that. Tata group has suffered in the recent times because of acquisitions of Jaguar and Corus steel. I hope that Nano brings solace to Tatas as well as urban middle class families.
Old 15th March 2009, 11:19   #135
Senior - BHPian

1 St Nano Dispatched to Showroom From TML

here are some pics of first nano dispatched to Showroom. a good ritual performed. we all pray nano will the greatest success of the century to tata motors and INDIA. Proud to be INDIAN.

please see 5 people easily sitting in the nano.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata to start Nano bookings from march-April '09-dsc06579.jpg  

Tata to start Nano bookings from march-April '09-dsc06589.jpg  

Tata to start Nano bookings from march-April '09-dsc06600.jpg  

Tata to start Nano bookings from march-April '09-dsc06611.jpg  

Tata to start Nano bookings from march-April '09-dsc06624.jpg  

Tata to start Nano bookings from march-April '09-dsc06628.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks