Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2008, 20:21   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tata to start Nano bookings from march-April '09

here's what an article on economictimes has to say:

go to: Tata Motors to start Nano bookings from March-April 2009- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 30th December 2008, 20:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

Finally
Its been a long wait.
By the way how many cars will they produce every year
Old 30th December 2008, 20:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

Long long wait.. not just for India, but the whole world. Lets see what the "world's cheapest car" has in store.

Bookings in Mar/Apr leads to deliveries in June/July ?
Old 30th December 2008, 22:00   #4
Senior - BHPian

The article also says that some prototypes have been dispatched for testing across Uttarkhand. So members from Dehradun can take a few snaps.
Old 30th December 2008, 23:08   #5
Senior - BHPian

Yeah...it came it today's newspaper. They also have told that we have to wait till Aug-Sept for full fledged deliveries of the cars. IMO, they are planning to launch in a limited nos in limited cities as the production of these cars is not as per the plans.
Old 30th December 2008, 23:26   #6
Senior - BHPian

Navpreet get your cams ready and keep a look out.
Old 30th December 2008, 23:31   #7
BHPian

Good news! We'll eagerly wait for another 3-4 months for the delivery of this baby.
Old 31st December 2008, 02:18   #8
BANNED

Not a very delayed launch keeping in mind of all the problems Tata had to go thru for this car.
Keep it up Tata. We'll wait with all the patience to see it become a success and change the car scene thru out the world.

It would've been nice if they could make the first delivery coinciding with our Independence day. Or is it too long a wait?
Old 31st December 2008, 04:27   #9
Senior - BHPian

I wonder when the CRDI will be ready!
Old 31st December 2008, 07:54   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Yeah...it came it today's newspaper. They also have told that we have to wait till Aug-Sept for full fledged deliveries of the cars. IMO, they are planning to launch in a limited nos in limited cities as the production of these cars is not as per the plans.
Should be the deliveries are on Aug 15, the Independence Day.

If its a good product with decent quality, then it will show us in Black/white about Maruti's real profit margins on 800/Alto.

I personally respect Tata. All their products are decent enough and are VFM.

Last edited by ritz830 : 31st December 2008 at 07:56.
Old 31st December 2008, 09:05   #11
BHPian

Thats great news, i want to buy one for sure, but i feel there would be some registeration clauses around the 'NANO' ( to control the sale figures ), if there are no clauses attached then every other house would have one.

I feel there would be some clauses for sure or else everybody would be lining up for the car and if that would happen then it will be complete chaos ( much more then what it is currently on the road ) after 6 months from the date delivery starts.

For example a clause can be :::
  • If somebody already has some other car registered in or her name would not be allowed to buy one.
  • Nano would not be registered in households ( a particular address used in RCs ) with 2 or more cars.
This is what i feel.
Old 31st December 2008, 09:13   #12
BHPian

Well its good news that the bookings are going to start in March 09, but had heard that the car would be officially launched in Dec 08.

Not to be, no issues. But, but, but i can foresee the kinda havoc its gonna be on the city roads with all the Autos, 2 wheelers & THE TATA NANOS wriglging & smiggling here & there.

But, hats off to the visionary Tata.

I m game for it!
Old 31st December 2008, 09:30   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
  • If somebody already has some other car registered in or her name would not be allowed to buy one.
  • Nano would not be registered in households ( a particular address used in RCs ) with 2 or more cars.
This is what i feel.
would you rather everyone else choked up the city with their sedans and SUV's when space is aready at a premium? I think most people would love a second smaller city car
Old 31st December 2008, 09:51   #14
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Thats great news, i want to buy one for sure, but i feel there would be some registeration clauses around the 'NANO' ( to control the sale figures ), if there are no clauses attached then every other house would have one.

I feel there would be some clauses for sure or else everybody would be lining up for the car and if that would happen then it will be complete chaos ( much more then what it is currently on the road ) after 6 months from the date delivery starts.

For example a clause can be :::
This is what i feel.
Who do you think is going to ask for this clause?
Tata asking for it as likely as Pepsi imposing a clause that you cannot buy a Pepsi if you have already drunk one earlier in the day.
Old 31st December 2008, 09:52   #15
BHPian

i will book 2 in my wife's and son's name. Then I will sell my bookings in the black market for a profit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks