Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2009, 12:57   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocarcr View Post
In the thread 'Fiat Linea Leaked' I had written prices which were EXACTLY that of what Auto car reported! SO I am right! What do you say now opendro and skywalker?
Dude, sorry - I was traveling and didnt check the forum for 2 weeks. Indeed it looks like you are right.

I would still wait for the final prices to be announced on Jan 14th, but now i am much more confident that the prices indicated by you would be accurate even in final announcement.
Old 5th January 2009, 13:05   #167
BHPian

ive heard rumours of a 1.9 mjd as well...
apparently there will be an emotion PLUS variant which will sport a 1.9 mjd.. but that is not due to be launched soon..
my guess is that they'll wait for the market response and user reviews and then come out with it, IF they come out with it at all (wouldnt that be like a dream come true though!!)
Old 5th January 2009, 13:24   #168
BHPian

The Linea website - Linea :: is up and running now. The basic tagline seems to be "Admire". Admire a car for its space, comorts, interiors, safety etc.
Old 5th January 2009, 13:56   #169
BHPian

come on guys..

atleast the rear seat looks and will be more comfortable than the swift/dzire which have been accepted with open arms by all...
why complain about the linea without even trying it guyz.
Old 5th January 2009, 14:02   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
come on guys..

atleast the rear seat looks and will be more comfortable than the swift/dzire which have been accepted with open arms by all...
why complain about the linea without even trying it guyz.
Swift and Dzire are Maruti Products which itself is a Biggest point !! With current Fiat Reputation it will not be an easy task to hide previous service blotches.
Old 5th January 2009, 14:04   #171
Senior - BHPian

the Linea looks so cool!I love the chrome grill.I think my confusion over buying ANHC or Linea is over.Linea is worth it!
Old 5th January 2009, 14:21   #172
Senior - BHPian

yep, i love the Linea too - and fantastic pricing, if whats announced by Autocar is correct.

My only concern is with the motor. I am ok if its a little low on outright acceleration, as long as it provides enjoyable driving and a peppy city experience. And from the reviews i read, it does as much.

at 8L exshowroom for a diesel fully loaded version, this car is a fantastic deal!
Old 5th January 2009, 14:37   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
Wait for the Grande Punto then !!

Thanks buddy, For keeping the parts prices low they are offering the spares of the car even after incurring some loss !!.

Some pics that I took on my Visit to the showroom today to explain the Blue & Me to my Previous Colleagues !!
Excellent snaps. Although I'm a bit disappointed with the engine. I seriously feel its underpowered; especially when Fiat have come up with good engines for Palios..
But neat work on interiors and also the boot space.
Old 5th January 2009, 14:41   #174
Senior - BHPian

Thinking between Linea & FiestaS. Will be deciding post the TD of the Linea
Old 5th January 2009, 14:48   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav911 View Post
The Linea website - Linea :: is up and running now. The basic tagline seems to be "Admire". Admire a car for its space, comorts, interiors, safety etc.
And what about service ?

The website has been there for quite sometime now. Its still in a teaser mode.
Old 5th January 2009, 14:54   #176
Senior - BHPian

This car looks great in parts, but somehow doesnt evoke quite the same emotion as a full package (looks wise). There are some brilliant bits and then those make you wonder whether its the same car.

The Sedan portion (3box) isnt very convincing - the rear of the roof still looks like it belongs to a hatch or fastback.

Still, there are other vehicles out there in the market that seem to have been put together in a similar or even worse manner. Lets see how this baby moves with her 90 horses.

I still think the Hatch (Punto) looks a much better package and more seamlessly integrated.
Old 5th January 2009, 14:56   #177
BHPian

Linea is based on Gpunto. The dimensions are very similar.

Fiat Linea has arrived-gpunto-linea-dimensionos.jpg
Old 5th January 2009, 15:01   #178
Senior - BHPian

Linea looks impressive
Old 5th January 2009, 15:02   #179
BHPian

Looks like a very nice car. Beautiful Front Grill, Fantastic console, High-end Looking Beige and greenish dashboard, A little cramped looking backseats (wth, Swift/Dzire has worse). I wish FIAT India all the best for the new car.
Old 5th January 2009, 15:02   #180
BHPian

hi muneemmk,

In the pics that u have posted it looks like the linea comes with a folding key as we have in Alfa Romea 156 etc.. But i was wondering why is an other key tagged to it, is it just the spare key being tagged together or the folding key will not work? Please through some light into this
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks