Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2009, 15:25   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post

My only concern is with the motor.
For me the concern is the motor & A.s.s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
the Linea looks so cool!I love the chrome grill.I think my confusion over buying ANHC or Linea is over.Linea is worth it!
Even im in same dilemma. After seeing prices by ACI and Interior Pics of Linea( which look better than ANHC) , City being doesnt seem like a clear favourite to me right now. Only a TD of Linea would make my decision easier.
Old 5th January 2009, 15:28   #182
Senior - BHPian

I think everyone is concerned about Fiat/Tata a.s.s. So I dont think the intial sales will be too high. It will take sometime for non-Fiat lovers to pick it up over the ANHC.
Old 5th January 2009, 15:35   #183
BHPian

Its in Fiats own interest and a question of their survival that Linea does well, my gut feeling is they will go head over heels to promote it and make it a successfully selling product followed by Grande Punto...

I'm not concerned about the car, fiat has built fabulous engines and great suspension cars over the past years. The problem always has been poor and expensive service support leading to a high TCO.

Its make or break time for FIAT, my good wishes are with them
Old 5th January 2009, 15:44   #184
BHPian

Agree with Fountainheader Fiat is not going to open like a Shah Rukh starrer , it will be a slow pick up where people will wait for reports of friends/ relatives before a buying decision .
Old 5th January 2009, 15:49   #185
BHPian

can anyone make out from the specs if the diesel Linea would be a better drive or the petrol. I m thinking of getting one booked the day it is available. but have not made up my mid on the fuel type.

keeping in mind only the fun to drive factor and nothing else...
Old 5th January 2009, 16:41   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine freak View Post
can anyone make out from the specs if the diesel Linea would be a better drive or the petrol. I m thinking of getting one booked the day it is available. but have not made up my mid on the fuel type.

From the Journos, its the fun to drive factor that the car seems to be missing. But I will wait to see it for myself.

I am told the "JOSH" is better on the 1.3 MJD. But again that was from the Fiat / TATA motors dealership. Not completely sure yet.
Old 5th January 2009, 16:43   #187
BHPian

I am really surprised by the use of FIAT's mutijet and its derivatives among various manufacturers in India. Seems like Formula 1 single engine idea implemented by them already for cutting costs.

Palio, Swift, Swift Dzire, Tata Indica, Linea, Punto and the list is growing.
Old 5th January 2009, 16:50   #188
BHPian

Quote:

You can go with the diesel option. You can always add the Pete's tuning box for the fun to drive factor.
Old 5th January 2009, 17:00   #189
BANNED

Lineadmire!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit27 View Post
Agree with Fountainheader Fiat is not going to open like a Shah Rukh starrer , it will be a slow pick up where people will wait for reports of friends/ relatives before a buying decision .
Yous sure bet it will- I think Fiat has a winner in their hands- this I say with respect to the amount of people I saw in the showroom at V.S.T. Anna Salai, Chennai crowding around the Flamengo Red Linea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830 View Post
Linea is based on Grande punto. The dimensions are very similar.

You're absolutely right, they both share same platforms.

Attachment 85573
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav911 View Post
The Linea website - Linea :: is up and running now. The basic tagline seems to be "Admire". Admire a car for its space, comorts, interiors, safety etc.
Admirable car! Hence the "admire".

I visited the showroom today and the Fiat manager showed me the Linea filled with balloons all around it. At first glance the car from the front does look Maserati and BMW. The size is humongous. It looks like a mini-Benz. The stylishness comes more into picture when you see it face to face. I saw a Flamengo Red colour one- the manager said they will be released in 4 colours on 15th and 2 more will join from Feb- the four are Perla Champagne, Hip Hop Black, Sparkling Silver, Flamengo Red. Fox Trot Azure and Minimal Grey will follow later. The car has superb features!!!

I saw-

-Blue and ME
-ABS, EBD
- Heated ORVM
- Rear defogger
- many cubby holes to keep stuff in
- Rear sun blind
- Rear AC vent
- Steering Controls
- Auto Aircon (It takes a brilliant 34 to 50 secs to reach set temperature)
- FSP or immobiliser which prevents your car from being stolen.
-Brilliant menu options such as TripB settings, autolock (can lock doors with a preset speed, when linea crosses that speed all doors will lock automatically), clock, date, etc.
-Halogen headlamps
- voluptuous boot
- rear seat middle is a bit high seated but ok.
- Leg room is small with front seat pushed back but otherwise on par with ANHC
- huge dashboard for safety
-Airbags
-Lots of chrome plating inside and outside.
- 4 tweeters and 4 speakers on the doors!!!!!!!!!
- brilliant sensors every where.

An overall package! But there is one thing that still crosses my mind- the manager told me that top end multijet MIGHT reach 11 lakhs on road! But he then reassured me that he only told me that amount to set an upper limit so that when Fiat releases actual price (reported by ACI as 8.32 ex-showroom)
he will be on safe side. But I dont think that will happen seeing as Fiat wants to combat Honda City.
Old 5th January 2009, 17:01   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
You can go with the diesel option. You can always add the Pete's tuning box for the fun to drive factor.
i can do that but i m not sure how it affects the overall engine life of the car. though everyone seems to says it has no adverse effects, but then y is it not given as a add on by the companies themselves. Or y do companies under tune their cars...?
Old 5th January 2009, 17:02   #191
Senior - BHPian

Nice front and back look.
Interiors looks a bit dull,specially the center console look is not great(i dont like beige interior being given in all new cars, why cant we stick with Black)

Boot space looks good.
Steering looks good.
Is it me or others also feel the rear legroom is kinda less.
Any idea when TD are starting?
Old 5th January 2009, 17:14   #192
BHPian

Quote:

I think muneemmk on this forum already drove both versions, IIRC he said the petrol made some good noises when revved but remember it makes only around 120-125 Nm @ 3000 RPM compared to the MJD which makes 200 Nm@1750 RPM. My bet is on the diesel.
Old 5th January 2009, 17:19   #193
Senior - BHPian

Linea looks sleek, big and luxurious!
It has a look & feel of VW Passat but you get it for 7 - 9 lacs.

Excellent package! Wish I was in the market for a new sedan.
Am sure Fiat Tata have beefed up the Service to cater Linea owners.
Old 5th January 2009, 17:20   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Nice front and back look.
Interiors looks a bit dull,specially the center console look is not great(i dont like beige interior being given in all new cars, why cant we stick with Black)

Boot space looks good.
Steering looks good.
Is it me or others also feel the rear legroom is kinda less.
Any idea when TD are starting?

Hey Harry !!

I felt the space to be pretty decent, I am 5ft 8 and I had a friend who is 5ft 11in.... i made him sit in the drivers seat and asked him to arrange the seat in such a way that he was comfortable , while i sate on the back seat... even though he pushed the seat back a bit , i was still left with enough of legroom..... I think for avg indian height it should be just fine........ ( Just my view though)
Old 5th January 2009, 18:16   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbalii View Post
From the Journos, its the fun to drive factor that the car seems to be missing. But I will wait to see it for myself.

I am told the "JOSH" is better on the 1.3 MJD. But again that was from the Fiat / TATA motors dealership. Not completely sure yet.
IMHO, apart from initial JOSH the multijet will be nothing to feel about. It has to be the size/ wt. of swift for optimized use of multijet engine.

1.3 Multijet would not even come close to the 1.4 DOHC petrol engine, when revved to the limit. Beyond 120 - 130 swift screams!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed