Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2009, 18:28   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
IMHO, apart from initial JOSH the multijet will be nothing to feel about. It has to be the size/ wt. of swift for optimized use of multijet engine.

1.3 Multijet would not even come close to the 1.4 DOHC petrol engine, when revved to the limit. Beyond 120 - 130 swift screams!
This isn't exactly the same engine as the one in the swift. This puts out 90bhp thanks to a VGT, vaccuum accumulator & naturally different tuning for the ECU. I'm guessing the gear ratio's are different as well.
I don't think we should judge based only on numbers. Only a test drive will tell how the car really rides.
Old 5th January 2009, 18:40   #197
BHPian

my likes:door panel,front central armrest(thats nice),seprate ac vent for rear passengers(thats awesome),the front looks,door handles
my dislikes: the central console looks bland.the dials look as if they were taken from vintage cars,the boot looks a little too much so as to give a feeling as if its being pulled along against its wish.. lol
Old 5th January 2009, 18:47   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84 View Post
This isn't exactly the same engine as the one in the swift. This puts out 90bhp thanks to a VGT, vaccuum accumulator & naturally different tuning for the ECU. I'm guessing the gear ratio's are different as well.
I don't think we should judge based only on numbers. Only a test drive will tell how the car really rides.
Fiat has already put a sort of pete's box on linea. A 1248cc engine churning out 90 bhp!
Can somebody share power output of 1.9 T-jet ?
Old 5th January 2009, 20:11   #199
Senior - BHPian

You mean the 1.9 MJD?

It comes in a couple of tunes, churning out 118/128HP.

As for T-Jets (which are turbo petrols), there are two tunes for the 1.4, belting out 118/152HP. No, that isn't a typo.

Oh yeah, that's before the Abarth SS version of the GP, which has a 1.4 T-Jet pushing out a mind bending 178HP.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 5th January 2009 at 20:13.
Old 5th January 2009, 20:37   #200
BHPian

Check this linea out...
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea has arrived-fiat_linea.jpg  

Old 5th January 2009, 20:46   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
my likes:door panel,front central armrest(thats nice),seprate ac vent for rear passengers(thats awesome),the front looks,door handles
my dislikes: the central console looks bland.the dials look as if they were taken from vintage cars,the boot looks a little too much so as to give a feeling as if its being pulled along against its wish.. lol
Exactly my words when i saw the pics.
Many people are suggesting the engine is underpowered. Well at this pricing and so many features i can live with a bit underpowered 90bhp engine in NCR traffic where i can barely go above 60kmph
My main prob is where to park this car in public place if i buy it (quiet long as i can see from the pics and specifications). In areas like CP and Karol bagh i can barely park a Indica,Santro etc.

Last edited by harry10 : 5th January 2009 at 20:47.
Old 5th January 2009, 21:06   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine freak View Post
Check this linea out...
One word. Yuk.

Terrible PS job. See the wheel arch?

GT wing spoiler.

The smooth flowing lines have been ruined. It looks like something that would get a nice throne in the Weird and Wacky thread.
Old 5th January 2009, 21:08   #203
BHPian

Those alloys look really smokin hot.

Last edited by team suzuki : 5th January 2009 at 21:09.
Old 5th January 2009, 21:39   #204
Senior - BHPian

harry, the same place everyone parks their safaris
Old 5th January 2009, 21:58   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Fiat has already put a sort of pete's box on linea. A 1248cc engine churning out 90 bhp!
Can somebody share power output of 1.9 T-jet ?
Well not really a performance box. It's the different engine components that make the difference. Primarily the VGT & vacuum accumulator.

Wonder what it'll put out wth the Pete's box?
Old 5th January 2009, 23:30   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
harry, the same place everyone parks their safaris
Safaris/Scorpios are different beasts!

I was there at CP on the 1st. The place was typically overcrowded, and all parkings were over-full! One of the parking attendant was trying to park/take out a brand new white Dzire and he just badly brushed (literally rammed it actually) against an Accent. The brand new Dzire's brand new bumper was just completely ruined with thousand scratches!

Enjoy Delhi
Old 6th January 2009, 00:05   #207
BHPian

I thing i am really scared about the rear headroom.If a person of 5feet 11 inches cannot sit in rear seat then thats ridiculous design by fiat and i am really disappointed.But still few hopes.but by reading comments of rear headroom i really scared.
Old 6th January 2009, 00:49   #208
BHPian

This looks good but size and beige interiors are a no for me.If the same list of equipments and decent price is for the grande punto then my cheque is ready.
Old 6th January 2009, 09:31   #209
BHPian

In overseas markets, a rear seat of any family sedan is meant for children, hardly do you see an adult (explains why child locks in the rear door?)! Its only here in India, that we see these compact cars being chauffered and the design ridiculed .

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasu View Post
I thing i am really scared about the rear headroom.If a person of 5feet 11 inches cannot sit in rear seat then thats ridiculous design by fiat and i am really disappointed.But still few hopes.but by reading comments of rear headroom i really scared.
Old 6th January 2009, 10:02   #210
BHPian

Linea on display at Kochi

Dear BHPians from Kochi, I saw two fiat lineas for display in the RF Motors showroom at Pathadipalam. Did anyone got the detail on the launch date. Is it already launched!
The car looks spacious inside, and compact as well..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks