Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2009, 10:49   #211
BHPian

The alloy design looks anemic. How could one get it to look like this?

17 inchers for sure and then what specs?

Tyregurus, please put fundaes.

BH.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea has arrived-fiatlinea01.jpg  

Fiat Linea has arrived-fiatlinea2lg.jpg  

Last edited by BurningHeart : 6th January 2009 at 10:50.
Old 6th January 2009, 11:03   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkywinky View Post
LInea is on display at Prerna Motors (LB Rd) Bangalore as well, the booking amount is 1 lakhs, cars will be delivered by last week of Jan..... I have been waiting for a year for Linea so couldn't resist it.....
I too waited for more than a year and I booked the flemingo red diesel top end emotion pack from Concorde Motors, Hosur road.

Fiat must thank Hyundai for not launching the i20 diesel, otherwise, I could have been 50-50 split in my mind.

Last edited by opendro : 6th January 2009 at 11:05.
Old 6th January 2009, 11:13   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Fiat has already put a sort of pete's box on linea. A 1248cc engine churning out 90 bhp!
Can somebody share power output of 1.9 T-jet ?
Fiat didnt put any box! The engine is a 90bhp one detuned for others!

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
I too waited for more than a year and I booked the flemingo red diesel top end emotion pack from Concorde Motors, Hosur road.

Fiat must thank Hyundai for not launching the i20 diesel, otherwise, I could have been 50-50 split in my mind.
Congrats! How much will it cost you OTR and when's the delivery? What about extended warranty etc ?
Old 6th January 2009, 11:19   #214
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats man!!! Did they give you any indication on the OTR price?
Old 6th January 2009, 11:24   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Congrats! How much will it cost you OTR and when's the delivery? What about extended warranty etc ?
They will call me in another 3 or 4 days to inform me of the expected delivery. I didn't ask about the extended warranty. I will also not go for it. I'm one who don't want to take even the basic insurance, except for the mandated third party insurance. But the bank will insist on it and no insurance company is interested in giving only a third party insurance. I'm not keen on the extended warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Congrats man!!! Did they give you any indication on the OTR price?
Thanks. They didn't give any indication on the OTR. As we all know from megazines and other forum members, I'm expecting 8.3L ex-showroom and thus around 9.7LOTR Bangalore plus I will spend another 15K for the sun film. After the first service, I'm going to put the tuning box from Petes, i.e. another 28K. I'm all set

Last edited by opendro : 6th January 2009 at 11:26.
Old 6th January 2009, 11:29   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They will call me in another 3 or 4 days to inform me of the expected delivery. I didn't ask about the extended warranty. I will also not go for it. I'm one who don't want to take even the basic insurance, except for the mandated third party insurance. But the bank will insist on it and no insurance company is interested in giving only a third party insurance. I'm not keen on the extended warranty.

Thanks. They didn't give any indication on the OTR. As we all know from megazines and other forum members, I'm expecting 8.3L ex-showroom and thus around 9.7LOTR Bangalore plus I will spend another 15K for the sun film. After the first service, I'm going to put the tuning box from Petes, i.e. another 28K. I'm all set
Congrats and wish you all the best on your purchase!
Old 6th January 2009, 11:31   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats! Finally you bought the Linea. Fiat may have angered and frustrated you with their dilly dallying but I am sure the product will impress you. Did you manage to get a test drive before booking the car?

Good for Fiat. They have sold at least 1 Linea already before launch. It's the first one at team-bhp too.
Old 6th January 2009, 11:55   #218
Team-BHP Support

Congrats.

Buy why this hatred against insurance and extended warranty(that too a new launch) ?
Old 6th January 2009, 12:01   #219
BHPian

Quote:

WOW! Congrats Opendro.

And lucky you wrt Diesel. Am in the market for a petrol car and am split down the middle between the i20 and the Linea!!
Old 6th January 2009, 12:27   #220
BHPian

Seems like this is the best looking car we have ever seen in Indian automobile history.
Old 6th January 2009, 12:39   #221
JRD
BHPian

Alright now that its out in the open. I can spill the news ive been waiting to tell everyone. I drove the car on 31st december before it was supposed to be shown in the showrooms and had booked it that same day.

Colour: Red
Model: Emotion Pack Diesel (Top of the line)
Booking Amount: Rs.1,11,111/-
Delivery: Between 15 to 20th January.

So that makes 2 of us tinky!

God it feels good to let it out Finally!!

Cheers
JRD.
Old 6th January 2009, 12:52   #222
Senior - BHPian

- The only clock is in the instrument cluster. Thats great ergonomics but in Europe where people tend to live alone and drive alone. Over here the Linea is going to be a family sedan. What if other passengers need to see the time? Of course, it's a minor thing and I guess the dash has no provision for displaying the time and we can't expect Fiat to redesign the whole dash. Not complaining about it and it's definately not a deal breaker but just an observation.

- I like the big FIAT on the boot's inside. Fantastic detailing! And from what I know, the Linea is the only sedan to have sound deadening material on the inside of the boot.

- While the car looks good and expensive it's not like the Grande Punto which makes you want to go and buy it as soon as you set your eyes on it. That's one thing common across all Fiat's launched in India. I guess the Linea appeals more to the head.

- I wish Fiat all the best. I hope the Linea is a blockbuster success. That will mean the Grande Punto will be here soon and thats the car I am more interested in .
Old 6th January 2009, 13:00   #223
BHPian

Congratulations opendro, awaiting more detais
Old 6th January 2009, 13:06   #224
BHPian

2 LINEAS already...

Congratulation to both of you, Mr Opendro and Mr JRD.
Old 6th January 2009, 13:10   #225
Senior - BHPian

Fiat has opted for a nice strategy it seems. Bring in a sedan based on hatch, then bring the hatch. Unlike what others do. They did the same in case of Siena and Palio.

This way they will be able to price the hatch at a premium as people will believe its based on a premium hatch rather than think that the sedan is based on a mid range hatch.

Lets wait and watch. I think this car will have a good opportunity to crash honda's party they are enjoying with G3HC success.

A big negative point is rear seat headroom and space. This is where G3HC will be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830 View Post
Seems like this is the best looking car we have ever seen in Indian automobile history.
Looks are subjective. Each and everyone has independent opinion. Cant say its the best looking.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed