Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2009, 18:33   #316
BHPian

Today on the way back home, I went to a TATA - FIAT dealership in Def. col , they do'nt seem to bothered about Linea's launch. No display vehicle. Glittering new Indicas all around & a special edition Vista ( Brilliant looks)
With a week remaining for the official launch, the excitement was missing. Infact, they refused to accept that the display vehicles are available at many cities & informed that the car is expected on 14 or 16 Jan.
I am worried about A.S.S; what treatment would FIAT owners get at TASS
&
more importantly how much efforts have FIAT put in to provide full support (like induct their service personnel at the workshops? or train the existing staff with TASS & availability of parts etc.)
Palio stile can owners can best explain!

Hoping for early opening of geniunely good multibrand service centres ( as announced by Jagdish Khattar - ex MUL head)

Last edited by breezydrive : 7th January 2009 at 18:38. Reason: text missing
Old 7th January 2009, 18:36   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Today on the way back , I went to a TATA - FIAT dealership in Def. col , they do'nt seem to bothered about Linea's launch. No display vehicle. Glittering new Indicas all around & a special edition Vista ( Brilliant looks)
With a week remaining for the official launch, the excitement was missing. Infact, they refused to accept that the display vehicles are available at many cities & informed that the car is expected on 14 or 16 Jan.

I am worried about A.S.S; what treatment would FIAT owners get at TASS
&
more importantly has FIAT planned to induct their service personnel at the workshops?

Palio stile can owners can best explain!

Hoping for early opening of geniunely good multibrand service centres ( as announced by Jagdish Khattar - ex MUL head)

Hey buddy !! I believe that only few chosen dealers are getting the display cars and the dealerships for Fiat Liena, not too sure if all the Tata Fiat dealerships will get to sell the Linea.....

You might need to call up all the dealers mentioned in the website and you will get good information for sure....
Old 7th January 2009, 18:42   #318
BHPian

Linea diesel 0-100

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
According to ACI, Dezire has a 0.7 sec advantage over Linea in 0-100 , a very minor edge in 0-400, and a slight disadvantage in standing Km.

Linea's VGT helps it to beat Dezire in 20-80 in 3rd, and 40-100 in 4th very comfortably.
Both ACI and Overdrive report 0-60 in 6.1 seconds for Linea, which I assume they have used first and second gear.

Now Overdrive mentions that longer throw in gear box could have been the culprit for the longer time than DZire in 0-100. Indeed it is, according to me. Because Overdrive reports 60-100 in 4th gear in just 7.64 seconds.

If you add up, 0-100 will be 13.74 plus one gear change time, i.e. from second gear to 4th gear (skip the third gear since the ratios are too closely spaced). That would be around 14.25 seconds even for a very slow half a second manual gear change.

If we are racing 0-90, go first, second, third gear in Linea. Anything above that we should skip the third gear to get a better 0-X figure. Because the benefit of third gear over fourth gear in 60-90 will be lost due to the gear change time from third to fourth as we go further beyond 90.

Another technique of gear change when the gear ratios are too closely spaced is not to release the throttle completely. I have mastered this in pulsar 150. As we move to the next gear, keep the throttle almost where the rpm should be in the next gear.

Take it this way, if Linea's second gear 60kmph is at around 5000rpm and third gear 60kmph is at round 3000rpm. So, play a little bit to keep the throttle to that rpm while changing gear and make the clutch and change quick. It should synchronize quicker (if my experience with pulsar is to be true).

Last edited by opendro : 7th January 2009 at 18:50.
Old 7th January 2009, 18:50   #319
BHPian

somewhere in this forum one thread about BOSCH Service centers related to Fiat servicing. I will be delighted if Fiat approaches them to get the service done instead of Tata's rubbish a.s.s.
Old 7th January 2009, 19:06   #320
BHPian

As far as the linea is concerned,my only concern is as regards the a.s.s. of tata-fiat.from personal experience, tata service is pathetic.i am currently getting my palio serviced at the tvs service centre in udupi.until the a.s.s. really improves i wont buy the linea
Old 7th January 2009, 19:58   #321
Senior - BHPian

If only and only TATA-FIAT got their act together regarding after sales service issues, i predict this car has the potential to knock some of it's grossly overpriced Japanese rivals out of their perch. Seriously, this car is all too good in the flesh, atleast as far as looks, fit/finish and equipment levels are concerned. Official launch in Chennai is 14January and test drives are scheduled after that date , for those interested. I was told that the top of the line "Emotion" model will retail for within 9lacs on the road.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea has arrived-chennai2-018-large.jpg  

Fiat Linea has arrived-chennai2-017-large.jpg  

Fiat Linea has arrived-chennai2-026-large.jpg  

Fiat Linea has arrived-chennai2-027-large.jpg  

Old 7th January 2009, 20:13   #322
Senior - BHPian

Where did you check this car in Chennai.
Old 7th January 2009, 20:31   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Where did you check this car in Chennai.
Looks like in the VST motors, Mount road
Old 7th January 2009, 22:05   #324
SUV
BHPian

All i can say is for 7L (Active) its miles ahead in Fit and Finish. I only hope that they maintain the quality level's ...
Old 7th January 2009, 23:16   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
- The steering is great but feels small (compared to my S10's)
Now this is great cause I always loved Fiesta & Fabia for their smaller lovely steering wheel. It feels like a racing car
Old 7th January 2009, 23:21   #326
BHPian

i got an SMS from one Atul announcing that Linea is available for TD and that he should be contacted for the purpose. must be a sales guy at Autofin where I bought my vista. might drop in this weekend.
Old 7th January 2009, 23:21   #327
BHPian

Congrats to the new customers of fiat but price should be a catch.If aci assumptions are to go by then definately fiat has fair pricing.
Old 7th January 2009, 23:28   #328
BHPian

Looking to upgrade Cad bhai?
Old 7th January 2009, 23:28   #329
BHPian

I have to admit one thing that the interiors look inviting and i give more importance to interior quality that exterior looks.
Old 7th January 2009, 23:29   #330
Senior - BHPian

Here are the ex-showroom prices for B'lore, received via PM here on TBHP:

Dude here you go .. All Ex-Showroom BLR

6.9, 7.5, 8.1, 8.5

Emotion will have a option pack which amounts to 8.1 + 40k for ABS, Airbag and Blue and Me.

Base variant wouldnt have Audio integrated but will come with Climate Control.

The main feature is ... the Blue and Me voice recognition 'you dont have to train it" ....

Other Feature is you can set the speed limit for your driver and it will start beeping once he goes beyond it ...

Amazing VFM if you ask me.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed