Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2009, 14:57   #61
BHPian

i am afraid fiat has taken too long to launch this product. I am expecting good discounts on fiesta and sx4 to counter linea once it is launched. Fiat does not have good reputation in terms of reliability in after sales in India. Lets see how they perform this time. For me i am definitely on wait and watch mode for atleast 4-6 months before making any decision regarding purchase even though i like the product.
Old 2nd January 2009, 14:57   #62
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I think Fiat might be happy with 1000 Lineas a month. Any idea how much are they targetting ?
More than double of that - 2500 pm!
Old 2nd January 2009, 15:04   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
When I first saw the car, I was a little apprehensive, which I still am because it looked too rounded and long for 8 Lakh cars, it reminded me of a catfish, with its snout stuck out like that.
And Indians will love a long car. But wait for GP to come. With similar faces, I hope the cars dont go Petra/Palio way. No body would like to have a smaller car look same as a small car.

Quote:
The Car is sure loaded to the gills with features, If you guys go through the other Linea threads we can get a clear-cut idea of all the features in the car.
And no the Car haven't been stripped of any of it's features all that you see in the picture is there in the car.
I dont think it comes with Directional headlamps, something we need more.

Also they are not offering properly adjustable steering wheel. For anyone not very high, he/she may not like it.

Quote:
The Rear seat space was "okay" and the seat reclining angle was very comfy,
But headroom and legroom are said to be an issue ( as per ACI ).

Quote:
the ride in the back was unbelievable comfortable especially after getting rides in the competition cars. Even when going over speedbrakers or large potholes never did the Linea lose it's composure or give out loud noises when the suspensions bottomed out with 5 heavyweights in the car. The Ground Clearance of 161mm for the diesel car maybe a little problem but on the bright side the Skoda Octys are running around with 138mm GC , so that might not be much of a problem. The Petrol car's Ground Clearance is 165mm.
The ride quality is great, as per ACI, something that is a trade mark for all Fiat cars. The Siena/Petra were also great.
Again like them, GC could be sorted out. This is pure ignorance and this point must never be overlooked by any manufacturer.
Quote:
So the only question that remains now is, Is the Linea a better buy than the All New Honda City? Except for the engine everything is yes, then again there is no auto transmission even as an option, the engine is underpowered when compared to the ANHC,The built quality though much more solid than a Honda any day lacks the quality of the Honda. The service will be another aspect which we will have to wait and see, but I don't expect any miracles to happen in this part of the story, all the parts of this car is said to be heavily subsided up to 40% ,localization is still going on to keep the affordability factor in hand, the service intervals are quite long at 15000km between a service, the warranty is amazing at 80,000km or 1.5 years which can be extended to 3yrs or 1.5Lakh Kilometers.
Subsided ? I think you meant localized. But after localization, I expect the quality to down a bit.
In India, IMO, we are not suppossed to keep the interval at 15K. Considering the operating conditions, I think crossing even 10K is not a great idea. May be 8K kms.

Quote:
let’s wait and see that's all that I can say.
Nice, but if they dont sort out A.S & S., then the story will be like Palio, the car that once had waiting period, but then even diesel could not revive fortunes.

Quote:
This is the Make or Break point for Fiat, If all goes well we can see the Grande Punto in 4 months time I guess ,but now your guess is as good as mine. As one of the Fiat India Production head said "If the Linea doesn’t do as well as we expected we can just pack up and leave".
Hope for the best, but I wish Fiat has also planned for the worse.

Quote:
Muneem
Ex-Fiat Guy.
Your signature says many things.
Old 2nd January 2009, 16:39   #64
BHPian

More Details of the Linea The Car Will Come in 5 Variants Total i.e

Active
Dynamic
Dynamic + Option Pack
Emotion
Emotion + Option Pack.

The Dynamic's Option Pack Will be ABS,Airbags & The Crappy Blaupunkt Music System, The Emotion's Option Pack will be the Blue&ME.

The blue&me system supports Windows based phones,other phones when docked to this system,the phone book may get erased when the phone entry's are tried to be copied to the car , up to 5 phones can be paired to the system, but one phone at a time only as usual.USB,I-Pod can be plugged into the USB slot and operated from the steering/stereo.

The car has heated outside rear view mirrors. Anti Intrusion boot hinges with shock absorber and remote opening.

The base model's grills are black i.e devoid of any chrome anywhere, the doorhandles,mirrors are also black. All the models have rear seat armrests with dual cup holders.

Only the petrol version comes with Alloys as standard in the Emotion Option Pack, In the diesel it's an accessory.My Car1 feature is present in Active,While the Dynamic and Emotion gets My Car2 feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Subsided ? I think you meant localized. But after localization, I expect the quality to down a bit.
I meant subsidised because,some parts that are being imported for the car will be offered at a upto 40% subsidised rates to the customer,the localisation % is not stable as they are finding new vendors for each and every part that can be locally produced,this was conformed by the Product head of Fiat.

Last edited by muneemmk : 2nd January 2009 at 16:51. Reason: More Stuff to say
Old 2nd January 2009, 17:36   #65
Senior - BHPian

Nice info Muneem.
didn't liked that Blue and me are just basically for windows based smartphones. crap.
Old 2nd January 2009, 17:45   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Nice info Muneem.
didn't liked that Blue and me are just basically for windows based smartphones. crap.
Could be because of "Blue n Me" is developed by Microsoft for FIAT.
Old 2nd January 2009, 17:47   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Could be because of "Blue n Me" is developed by Microsoft for FIAT.
If Blue&Me is the only Optional part for Emotion, then I wont see too many sales for the variant. For a top end model, it should have atleast been compatible with BB phones. Anyways the specs of the Linea look awesome and thanks Muneem for all the info
Old 2nd January 2009, 18:05   #68
BHPian

In pune these guys are still testing the cars,i spotted a linea hatch too.
Old 2nd January 2009, 18:15   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by team suzuki View Post
I think thats the bravo.
Old 2nd January 2009, 18:27   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by team suzuki View Post
I guess you spotted Grande Punto.
Old 2nd January 2009, 18:29   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
I think thats the bravo.
I guess Fiat has abandoned all plans for the CBU Bravo. Good for them
Old 2nd January 2009, 18:30   #72
BHPian

Well not sure which car it was,but it looked exactly like the linea just no boot.
Old 2nd January 2009, 18:49   #73
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
didn't liked that Blue and me are just basically for windows based smartphones.
Not true. It's also for non windows based phones.

Here is a list of compatible phones

Fiat Blue&me
Old 2nd January 2009, 19:29   #74
BHPian

Quote:
the phone book may get erased when the phone entry's are tried to be copied to the car ,
I find this quite hard to believe since almost every phone OS has its own protection mechanisms. Did anyone experience this during the training?

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 2nd January 2009 at 19:33.
Old 2nd January 2009, 19:45   #75

Thanks a lot Muneemk for the excellent information.

Does the Dynamic option pack also have airbags..i remember reading in another thread that Airbags are available only in Emotion Pack
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks