Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2009, 14:54   #856
Team-BHP Support

I got to see the Linea today while i was passing by the Tata showroom on Sarjapur road. It was waiting along the road for test drives.

Car really looks good, and huge for a C segmenter. Looks like its been running all over the place as it was covered with quite some dust.
Old 19th January 2009, 15:26   #857
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Looks like a serious issue. Is it with only one car or all cars which has done 300Kms?
BTW, Bharat Stage IV will be implemented by 2010. Hopefully Fiat would have considered this.
Mate it's one car not all of them. One dealer might have filled up at an unkown bunk and the fuel may be adulterated causing the black smoke.

Do you know how many Honda's and hyundai's failed when the premium fuel a couple of years from MRPL was found to be of a different quality. All the cars had to replace the fuel pumps which were an expensive affair.
Old 19th January 2009, 15:46   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash-NewCar View Post
Any thing a little cheaper that you recommend for a driving enthusiat, good reliable, with the price/budget of 8-8.5 Max
Have you tried the Palio 1.6 / Fiesta 1.6 S?
Old 19th January 2009, 19:13   #859
BHPian

Petrol Linea version is definitely "underpowered" - i drive a 1.6 100hp Siena for the last 5 yrs
Will test drive the Linea Diesel to see if it makes sense to upgrade for me
Old 19th January 2009, 22:26   #860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkunaldas View Post
Please TD before you make a decision. But on paper..IMHO
1. Linea - if you want creature comfort, better interiors, are not a driving enthusiat and more of a rear bencher, are ok with *** (or lack of it and have another car at home for emergencies), less resale value (planning to use for the next 5-7 yrs), mersemised by the italian beauty.
2. Honda city. If you are a driving enthusiat, legendary honda brand name, good reliable, are ok with the price/budget.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Well Said.

One more thing - If you are considering between S M/T & AT - decide that first. Because there is no option in Linea if you decide for AT.
Thanks guys, I have deferred the decision to buy a car by few more weeks, till I get to TD Linea FIRE. I almost bought ANHC last year, but thought of waiting for couple of months for Linea.

I'm definitely not chauffeur - sleep at rear dude. I want to drive my own car, I wonder if I would allow a wallet parking

Based on what I read from most of you, I understand that Linea is underpowered. So that's really worrying me.

Why can't we have one good car with all features and priced well (below 10 lacs).
Old 20th January 2009, 00:20   #861
BANNED

Chill dude, Linea was beching smoke in Chennai. How do you know in Bangalore?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Mate it's one car not all of them.
Something fishy here. Dealers always fill fuel from known bunks. Why will they fill adulterated fuel? They want spoil their demo cars?
Quote:
One dealer might have filled up at an unkown bunk and the fuel may be adulterated causing the black smoke.
I wonder why this piece of information finds itself in this thread? What Honda, Hyundai, MRPL has to do with Linea belching smoke?
Quote:
Do you know how many Honda's and hyundai's failed when the premium fuel a couple of years from MRPL was found to be of a different quality. All the cars had to replace the fuel pumps which were an expensive affair.
Old 20th January 2009, 00:31   #862
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I wonder why this piece of information finds itself in this thread? What Honda, Hyundai, MRPL has to do with Linea belching smoke?
well maybe because you said it was a serious issue to try and bash the linea. maybe because the linea is a honda competitor? just maybe.

also smoking is not a serious issue and it most probably is adulterated fuel. also "chill dude, linea is belching smoke in chennai. how do you know in bangalore?"
Old 20th January 2009, 00:32   #863
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Chill dude, Linea was beching smoke in Chennai. How do you know in Bangalore?
Yes it was in chennai and that does not mean that it is a serious issue or that Fiat has not considered bharat stage 4 norms.

Quote:
Something fishy here. Dealers always fill fuel from known bunks. Why will they fill adulterated fuel? They want spoil their demo cars?
They fill up any petrol bunk they find. they don't go looking around for good bunks. When you go to a bunk one does not ask the attendant there whether he is selling pure or adulterated fuel. You find out only afterwards.

Quote:
That piece of info was to highlight the possible damages possible to any car including a honda due to adulterated fuel.

Besides diesel are known to give out black smoke with premium fuels so that may have been the case here.

ps: apart from the Linea thread you should be closely following the Xylo thread. It may be a rival to the ANHC, I read few posts there comparing it to ANHC.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 20th January 2009 at 00:40.
Old 20th January 2009, 08:40   #864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ps: apart from the Linea thread you should be closely following the Xylo thread. It may be a rival to the ANHC, I read few posts there comparing it to ANHC.
. Nothing more to say here!
Old 20th January 2009, 08:54   #865
Senior - BHPian

City scared of Linea?

In today's TOI, Honda has published a full page advertisement of the City stating something like "Enjoy your Admiration". City has won loads of awards!
Old 20th January 2009, 09:19   #866
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
In today's TOI, Honda has published a full page advertisement of the City stating something like "Enjoy your Admiration". City has won loads of awards!
Edit: Photo added. Luckily its all over the internet!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea has arrived-untitled.jpg  

Old 20th January 2009, 09:22   #867
Team-BHP Support

Nah the city is not scared of the linea. I think ANHC should be scared of the Xylo since the era of sedans is now over.
Old 20th January 2009, 09:36   #868
BHPian

Quote:
Nah the city is not scared of the linea. I think ANHC should be scared of the Xylo since the era of sedans is now over.
As much as I City and Linea, I'd like some competition so that manufacturers don't take their position for granted.

But competition from Xylo for NHC? The slowdown must be pretty bad.

Last edited by CBlazer : 20th January 2009 at 09:42.
Old 20th January 2009, 10:27   #869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
WOW !!
LINEA effect showing already on HONDA too,
we have seen it already on the HONDA fans in this forum
Way yo go FIAT
Old 20th January 2009, 10:41   #870
BANNED

I am bringing out salient features of Linea here in Linea thread, which otherwise is getting lost in the euphoria. If there is any unfair things happening in Xylo thread, I will correct it.
Quote:
Honda regularly brings out such ads. There is nothing like 'Linea Effect', except for Fiat Fans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
LINEA effect showing already on HONDA too,
Side profile of ANHC looks stunning - might look gorgeous in black !! cheers:
Thanks for the pic.
Quote:
Edit: Photo added. Luckily its all over the internet!

Last edited by diabloo : 20th January 2009 at 10:44.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks