Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2009, 12:15   #1036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
I am talking about new cars sold by dealer to customers, and am pretty sure they consider the Registration date as the Model year of the car.
Anyone with contacts to a Car dealer can confirm this.

Manufacturers consider the production date as the model year of the car, so does 2nd hand car dealers, so if you get a 2008 model car and register it in 2009,your car still is a 2008 car,but you have bragging rights that it's a 2009, resale value would be less for these cars ,but with the Linea I Don't think we have a choice ,because most of the cars must be 2008 manufactured, except for the petrol(maybe)
Old 30th January 2009, 15:55   #1037
BHPian

I'm in similar fix. I'm promised Linea delivery around 14th Feb and I suspect I would get 2008 mfg car.
What are my options if I find out during PDI that its a 2008 mfg vehicle? Is there no way out of this?
Old 30th January 2009, 18:09   #1038
BHPian

All manufacturers probably same

This must be true for all brands, then.
Any car booked/delivered in January would most likely be manufactured atleast 1 month before in 2008, right?

Otherwise, if manufacturers start the 2009 batch production on Jan 1 2009 ... there will always be a huge wait list from Jan through Feb. (which is not the case in reality)

Can someone confirm that, say honda city, delivered on Jan 15 was actually manufactured in 2008?
Old 30th January 2009, 20:12   #1039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse View Post
I'm in similar fix. I'm promised Linea delivery around 14th Feb and I suspect I would get 2008 mfg car.
What are my options if I find out during PDI that its a 2008 mfg vehicle? Is there no way out of this?
The only way out of this is to Dictate The Dealer in Simple Hindi that you will not take a 2008 manufactured car. Also, tell them not to make any documents till the time you are satisfied checking out the car yourself in physical.
Old 1st February 2009, 13:40   #1040

Hi Sidindica,

On 14ht Jan (pg. 33) you made a posting with lots of picutres. Also << seven colour options >>

Will you be able to tell us the source? Or will you be able to indicate when will be the other colours available?

I am waiting for the Azure colour, the second interest is in white colour.

If someone has this information, please share with us all.

I appreciate.
Old 1st February 2009, 16:21   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse View Post
To confirm the exact month and year and manufacture of FIAT cars one can use the following link
http://78.159.129.60:7080/navi?FORCED=TRUE
(Use Internet Explorer as your browser. FF does not render it well)

Click on "Ricambi" and then on "FIAT"
On the page that displays there is a box labeled VIN.

Credit for info - The FIAT Forum - For Talk On All Things FIAT
Old 2nd February 2009, 14:57   #1042
BHPian

Accessories List

Has anybody here got hold of the accessories List of the Fiat Linea ?
Old 2nd February 2009, 16:22   #1043
BHPian

Looks like Fiat has sold 1,512 Linea's in December/January combined. If memory serves me correctly they sold ~ 130 units in December so that means they sold ~ 1,480 units in Jan. Soure Autocar :: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::. Not too bad but a little lower than what I was expecting.

How many cars have been delivered to our forum members so far? I booked mine a week ago and now the dealer is saying it will be delayed since FIAT hasn't manufactured too many E+ vehicles.
Old 2nd February 2009, 16:29   #1044
BHPian

Just for Information Please

Fiat has recorded sales of 1512 units of its Linea since its launch last year. Fiat’s total for the month of January were 1721. This is a huge morale boost for the company that had previously been overshadowed by the competetion.

Way to Go Fiat . The target was 2400 from one month of launch, so 1512 (14th Jan - 31st Jan) is not bad at all...
Old 2nd February 2009, 20:09   #1045
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats a decent start if not a great start for a company which sells only a couple of hundred palios.

Wishing Fiat all the Best, but would like to see how well the sales numbers sustain after a month or two.
Old 2nd February 2009, 20:24   #1046
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Thats a decent start if not a great start for a company which sells only a couple of hundred palios.

Wishing Fiat all the Best, but would like to see how well the sales numbers sustain after a month or two.
For a brand which is in shambles, things can only improve. Once the word of mouth publicity starts I think we will see further improvement in sales.

As of now a lot there are a lot of people who like the Linea but are vary of the brand Fiat and hence are not going for it. These are the people who will be converts and will drive the sales further.
Old 2nd February 2009, 20:25   #1047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawan Singh View Post
Hi Sidindica,

On 14ht Jan (pg. 33) you made a posting with lots of picutres. Also << seven colour options >>

Will you be able to tell us the source? Or will you be able to indicate when will be the other colours available?

I am waiting for the Azure colour, the second interest is in white colour.

If someone has this information, please share with us all.

I appreciate.
the remaining 3 shades-white, light bluish silver (azure) and dark grey will be coming in march end-first week of april.
Old 2nd February 2009, 20:30   #1048
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
For a brand which is in shambles, things can only improve. Once the word of mouth publicity starts I think we will see further improvement in sales.

As of now a lot there are a lot of people who like the Linea but are vary of the brand Fiat and hence are not going for it. These are the people who will be converts and will drive the sales further.
Exactly, there will be more converts over a period of time. Its a good VFM car for people to overlook the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
the remaining 3 shades-white, light bluish silver (azure) and dark grey will be coming in march end-first week of april.
Man, I'm jealous of you, how do you manage to get these information on the prices, upgrades, etc.

By the way any chances of Fiat plonking the T-jet or a bigger multijet engine in Linea in the near future?

Last edited by nkrishnap : 2nd February 2009 at 20:31.
Old 2nd February 2009, 21:00   #1049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Awesome. Thanks for the info Sid. Ill be in the market in April so quite happy that Azure will be available by then (hopefully).
Old 2nd February 2009, 21:34   #1050
Senior - BHPian

The good thing about the Linea is that every second day when I drive past the showroom, I see the car being taken for TDs.

To me, that is itself a HUGE improvement.

Linea has lent the brand a face, a respectability , recall (lovely ad!!) - now only hoping for some numbers too
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks