Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2009, 13:11   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
I too waited for more than a year and I booked the flemingo red diesel top end emotion pack from Concorde Motors, Hosur road.

Fiat must thank Hyundai for not launching the i20 diesel, otherwise, I could have been 50-50 split in my mind.
Congrats Opendro, you being the first one out here to spill the news of your booking!

Finally your hate turned into love for FIATand i'm sure it will grow on you everytime you drive it!

Cheers~
Old 6th January 2009, 13:19   #227
BHPian

heartiest congratulations opendro!
Old 6th January 2009, 13:20   #228
BHPian

Congrats on your prurchase!
Quote:
I didn't ask about the extended warranty. I will also not go for it. I'm one who don't want to take even the basic insurance, except for the mandated third party insurance. But the bank will insist on it and no insurance company is interested in giving only a third party insurance. I'm not keen on the extended warranty.
Why this prejudice against extended warranty and insurance?? Doesn't seem like a terribly good idea to me, especially since you are spending close to a million rupees on it.
Old 6th January 2009, 13:21   #229
BHPian

Congrats guys ... hopefully i will join the list soon. I want to test drive it before i book the car.
Old 6th January 2009, 13:22   #230
BHPian

great and congrats! how much did it cost you onroad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
Alright now that its out in the open. I can spill the news ive been waiting to tell everyone. I drove the car on 31st december before it was supposed to be shown in the showrooms and had booked it that same day.

Colour: Red
Model: Emotion Pack Diesel (Top of the line)
Booking Amount: Rs.1,11,111/-
Delivery: Between 15 to 20th January.

So that makes 2 of us tinky!

God it feels good to let it out Finally!!

Cheers
JRD.
Old 6th January 2009, 13:24   #231
Senior - BHPian

Opendro & JRD - congrats - waiting for your drive impressions very soon.
Old 6th January 2009, 13:33   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Alright now that its out in the open. I can spill the news ive been waiting to tell everyone. I drove the car on 31st december before it was supposed to be shown in the showrooms and had booked it that same day.

Colour: Red
Model: Emotion Pack Diesel (Top of the line)
Booking Amount: Rs.1,11,111/-
Delivery: Between 15 to 20th January.

So that makes 2 of us tinky!

God it feels good to let it out Finally!!

Cheers
JRD.

Congratulations. I'm dying for my exams to get over & then take a look at this car. Test drive report ?
Old 6th January 2009, 13:42   #233
Senior - BHPian

Congrats guys. But why not extd warranty?
Old 6th January 2009, 13:45   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From 31st December to January 6th, were you hibernating, dude? Where is the damn TD report? All we hear about the car is from magazines. You are the first T-BHPian to drive it and you keep your mouth shut for a week? Shame on you
Old 6th January 2009, 13:50   #235
Senior - BHPian

think JRD has put a mini review somewhere on this Thread. JRD - you owe us a bigger review
Old 6th January 2009, 13:54   #236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...I booked the flemingo red diesel top end emotion pack from Concorde Motors, Hosur road....
Quote:
....They didn't give any indication on the OTR. As we all know from megazines and other forum members, I'm expecting 8.3L ex-showroom and thus around 9.7LOTR Bangalore ....
I visited Concorde Motors on Mysore road today and the price I managed to get from there was ~10.5 OTR for the top end model.

Now after seeing the car in flesh and the suspense over it's launch over, it's time for a suspense on it's price .

Also, are there any prior instances of any car in India being available for bookings even before it's price has been announced? If not, the kudos to the FIAT. They have managed to do the impossible -- even in these tough times.

PS: and yes, the car is just tooooooo good. You can't help but like the car -- in all aspects.

Cheers,
Old 6th January 2009, 13:57   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalluDude View Post
Congrats on your prurchase!

Why this prejudice against extended warranty and insurance?? Doesn't seem like a terribly good idea to me, especially since you are spending close to a million rupees on it.
I know, it is something weird in me. Somehow the insurance system in India has not intilled confidence in me. Even if something goes terribly wrong, I'm willing to bear the brunt. But I do have life insurance

Apology for the off topic!

Last edited by opendro : 6th January 2009 at 14:06.
Old 6th January 2009, 14:09   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
price I managed to get from there was ~10.5 OTR for the top end model.

Now after seeing the car in flesh and the suspense over it's launch over, it's time for a suspense on it's price
I don't know if it was mentioned in this thread, but these are the Bombay ex-showroom prices, as in Autocar India website:

Active 7.12
Dynamic 7.43
Dynamic Pack 7.72
Emotion 7.82
Emotion Pack 8.36

As usual, you get alloys and airbags in the top end only!
Old 6th January 2009, 14:21   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by okvinu View Post
Dear BHPians from Kochi, I saw two fiat lineas for display in the RF Motors showroom at Pathadipalam. Did anyone got the detail on the launch date. Is it already launched!
The car looks spacious inside, and compact as well..
I just got a call from Kulathunkal Motors in Trivandrum, know them since the Palio days. They have two cars on display. Launch is on the 15th in Truivandrum... Test drives start only then. I am going there this evening to check it out. Same should be the case in Cochin.

The sales guy had a great enthu feeling about the car. Hope they live up to the expectations.
Old 6th January 2009, 14:23   #240

I booked the top end emotion variant - red (there is an option pack as well which would be without blue & me) yesterday at concorde, bangalore

The std warranty is 2 yrs 80Kms and extended 4 yrs 150 kms (Rs 5.5 K addl cost)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed