Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2009, 14:35   #241
BHPian

The Key Fob is just like in a Skoda Octy, But you get only one foldaway key and the other key is just a normal one, The Audio system sounds crappy with harsh highs and very boomy lows , the Information display in the car can be adjusted to display KM/L , Miles/Gallon or L/100KM. MYCAR 2 is real good.

My computer went kaput yesterday,have bucket loads of info that I want to share with you guys.
Old 6th January 2009, 14:51   #242
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
My computer went kaput yesterday,have bucket loads of info that I want to share with you guys.
Out with the information dude. No teasers pls....

Gawd, i am dying to get my hands on the Linea. When is the TD vehicle expected at Chennai dealerships......

Last edited by oss : 6th January 2009 at 14:58.
Old 6th January 2009, 14:55   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830 View Post

IMHO Atleast they have been able to slap on a boot much better than some other manufacturers.

Last edited by madan80 : 6th January 2009 at 15:10.
Old 6th January 2009, 15:43   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
have bucket loads of info that I want to share with you guys.
Empty the bucket! We are all waiting to hear the info
Old 6th January 2009, 15:57   #245
BHPian

Pune dealers are not ready to take the booking amount. I wonder how have some dealers accepted?
Old 6th January 2009, 16:01   #246
BHPian

That makes it 3 already

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyaswi View Post
I booked the top end emotion variant - red (there is an option pack as well which would be without blue & me) yesterday at concorde, bangalore

The std warranty is 2 yrs 80Kms and extended 4 yrs 150 kms (Rs 5.5 K addl cost)
Congratulations Shreyaswi.

That makes it a three after JRD and Opendro.

3 LINEAS booked on T-BHP itself, even before the launch, thats great news for FIAT.
Old 6th January 2009, 16:03   #247
BHPian

wow!

3 bookings even before the car hits the road.
congratz shreyaswi and jrd!
Old 6th January 2009, 16:36   #248
BHPian

Congrats Opendro, shreyaswi and jrd! 3 bookings for the linnea even before the launch, thats a very good sign for FIAT India.
Appreciate if you also tell us which were the other cars you were looking at & the reason behind booking this one without even TD it, I'm amazed by this..Is it so good?

I havent yet seen the car nor driven it like most of us, so pls share your sentiments / thoughts on this decision.
Old 6th January 2009, 16:54   #249
BHPian

muneemmk i have a query. Can we choose only those options that we need from the optional equipments. for example in the emotion plus the following are optional
the equipments they are offering.

dual airbags with pretensioner and load limit on front seat belt
passenger presence detector which shuts off airbag deployment in case front passenger is not seated.
blue and me(TM) with steering mounted controls
15" alloy wheels (optional for diesel)

Can we choose such that i want only dual airbags and passenger presence detector and do not want the other two.
Old 6th January 2009, 16:57   #250
BHPian

3 bookings already for the Linea, even before its official launch

And that too for a FIAT product. Man, this surely has to be the most anticipated car in a very very long time.

Congrats guys on your bookings. Wish you a happy association with FIAT.

Well, now the only question that remains is, will the Linea give the SX4's, city's, fiesta's, verna's, and the likes a run for their money?? To be honest, i wish it does...
Old 6th January 2009, 17:01   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
I just got a call from Kulathunkal Motors in Trivandrum, know them since the Palio days. They have two cars on display. Launch is on the 15th in Truivandrum... Test drives start only then. I am going there this evening to check it out. Same should be the case in Cochin.

The sales guy had a great enthu feeling about the car. Hope they live up to the expectations.
Give us a call if there is a test drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyaswi View Post
I booked the top end emotion variant - red (there is an option pack as well which would be without blue & me) yesterday at concorde, bangalore

The std warranty is 2 yrs 80Kms and extended 4 yrs 150 kms (Rs 5.5 K addl cost)
Thats a nice one.
Any idea what the rivals like Suzuki gives? Can someone post a comparison.
Old 6th January 2009, 18:48   #252
JRD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
From 31st December to January 6th, were you hibernating, dude? Where is the damn TD report? All we hear about the car is from magazines. You are the first T-BHPian to drive it and you keep your mouth shut for a week? Shame on you
LOL i know dude. I had to litreally seal my mouth with tape to avoid spilling it out. But could'nt let the news out as the dealer would get into trouble.. I have been told that my Linea will be the first piece that rolls out of the plant.. So makes me feel special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
think JRD has put a mini review somewhere on this Thread. JRD - you owe us a bigger review
Yup you are right I did post a mini review. Drove the car for just 10mins that day as they were all ready to hide the car. So couldnt give a detailed review. But no worries a Detailed REview with pics coming by Jan 20 max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvation View Post
great and congrats! how much did it cost you onroad?
I called the dealer today and the OTR is coming around 9.5L Ahmedabad for the Emotion Pack version (Top end). So the price is okay for the things you get.

And congrats also to Opendro and shreyaswi, looks like all three of us picked the best colour of the three.

@crn12: I was just about to write a check for my ford fiesta S on the 28th of December, but got held up at work so could go there. And turns out 2 days later I get a sneek peak of the Linea and the car impressed me enough to change my mind. As far as performance the fiesta is still a hoot but the sheer presence of the linea and the ride, fit finish and looks are in a different league as compared to other C segment cars.
Old 6th January 2009, 18:50   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crn12 View Post
Congrats Opendro, shreyaswi and jrd! 3 bookings for the linnea even before the launch, thats a very good sign for FIAT India.
Appreciate if you also tell us which were the other cars you were looking at & the reason behind booking this one without even TD it, I'm amazed by this..Is it so good?

I havent yet seen the car nor driven it like most of us, so pls share your sentiments / thoughts on this decision.
There had been ups and downs in my thought processing. My top priority was a long lasting car. I wanted comfort, fuel efficiency, low end power and safety. Look never mattered to me. I have always been biased towards diesel and thus I almost went for Optra Magnum and for some silly reasons my wife and I decided to not to go for it.

I didn't consider Verna, because of price, equipment and handling. I didn't consider Fiesta because of power.

Along the way, I saw Getz diesel being launched and disappointing me in equipments and price. I started loving the Swift's MJD engine, but extremely against swift for whatever reason (with due respect to Swift owners, I regard it good in many aspects). I love my friends Palio, but no equipment again for the MJD. I could have gone for Vista if they had offered some basic safety.

Then ANHC almost converted me from diesel fan to a petrol head. But I felt it to overpriced for the equipments. Not strong enough apeal to convert me to a petrol head. Fiesta December offer was too tempting. I was put off when the guy told me that I have to change the engine oil every six months, that too for a petrol engine. I hate to visit service stations often.

I was very ready to take i20 if they offer the 90bhp CRDi. Even if Hyundai had announced that they would offer it in Feb or March, I could have waited till then. But no definitely news on that.

If I really look around, I don't find any other diesel worth comparing with Linea, even in this 90bhp, in the price range below 10L. It sounds pretty dumb to say this without even test driving the vehicle. But I "first" compare some basics before trying to a test drive. And in the "first" round itself, Linea became my choice. No need to take a second round (i.e. test drive) for me

Ok. One last thing I didn't tell you all is that I process a lot of feedbacks from others and expert reviews. I consider it necessary for me because I don't consider myself experienced enough, though I do know some basics of driving pleasure

About Fiat and its service, I always think of my friend, who is also Palio owner and convince myself that it is not a problem. He so generously lends his Palio, not only to me, but to other friends also, not just short distance, but long vacation drives. And it still is a very trouble free car!! So, I'm not that worried about A.S.S.

Sorry, I made it pretty long to explain how I took the decision. Now Linea has become such a thing in my car search that my wife told me that if we don't buy the Linea, we should keep the name of our next child (if we have another one) as Linea

Last edited by Technocrat : 6th January 2009 at 19:17. Reason: Only two smilies per post allowed
Old 6th January 2009, 18:56   #254
BHPian

U lucky guys..even i want to see the linea in flesh..please someone tell me which dealership in delhi is displaying the beauty..PLEASE!!
Old 6th January 2009, 19:11   #255
BANNED

Speculation Linea!

Linea has become such a sought after car that it dosen't look like a surprise to see one. To tell the truth, even the features that we all have been predicting for a long time (like rain sensor, auto headlights and parkatronic) aren't there. A last minute development is that it will cost around 9.7 lakh on road (like opendro said) going by the prices ACI reported- it shouldn't go beyond the 9.4 mark. Somebody already told that the top end might cost 10.5 lakh- so where has the 7-9 lakh budjet gone? This is just my fear. But I dont think there is a worry for the petrol version - considering its mind blowing mileage. (around 14 kmpl for petrol and 16.9 for diesel). The petrol version will go uptil 8 lakh I suppose. So i just might settle in for the petrol. Oh and I dont think so many dynamics let alone active versions will sell. IT will just be emotion and emotion pack. Why keep the price suspense now- you might as well reveal that too! Torchered enough!

Come on Fiat!:

P.S> Congrats JRD, Opendro and Shreyaswi! I will hopefully be the next to the list! Can you elaborate on the details of the booking amount, showroom, promises made by the showroom and the OTR price of the linea. What about the delivery dates?

Last edited by Technocrat : 6th January 2009 at 19:18. Reason: Only two smilies per post allowed
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks