Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2009, 09:50   #286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie View Post
And Hyundai should have given us an option on the i20 for the 1.4, 100bHp engine, especially since the i20 is made in India - how difficult would it have been to have released it here. At least those that would have been willing to pay the price could have bought it.
How many 1.4 Elegance (Petrol) has Skoda managed to sell for its Fabia???
Old 7th January 2009, 13:48   #287
BHPian

in the latest issue of the what car there is a detailed comparison between the linea,fiesta and verna diesels and guess what?
the linea has been declared the winner for being a better all round package than the other two.
Old 7th January 2009, 13:52   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
in the latest issue of the what car there is a detailed comparison between the linea,fiesta and verna diesels and guess what?
the linea has been declared the winner for being a better all round package than the other two.
I dont trust these magazine "shoot-outs". They are generally flawed and are more or less like B-School rankings. You never know the true picture unless you are on the other side.

Verna CRDi and the Fiesta diesel are tried and tested models, whole the Linea is not even on the roads!
Old 7th January 2009, 14:11   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
I have checked the performance figures of Linea Multijet against most other diesel cars - as given by ACI & Overdrive.

On all key performance parameters (0-100km,20-80 in 3rd,40-100 in 4th, standing 400m, and standing 1000m) Linea beats diesels of the like Fiesta D,Logan D,Innova D, and (a surprise, at least for me) a Scorpio 2.6.

Its very close to a Scorpio 2.2 mHawk on all these parameters, but the Octy has a slight edge over Linea in terms of performance. Cars like Optra Magnum & Verna beats it hands off except for 20-80/40-100 in gear numbers.

The numbers indicate that its clearly not underpowered, compared to many other cars and provides brilliant dirveability in city. But, if you are a boy racer, you are better off with an Optra or a Verna.
As per the Overdrive India Linea is a step ahead of City. while comparing both cars Overdrive India has rated Linea with 4 1/2 stars and city with 4. I am now eagerly waiting to see Linea ruling the Indian roads.cheers:
Old 7th January 2009, 14:56   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
I dont trust these magazine "shoot-outs". They are generally flawed and are more or less like B-School rankings. You never know the true picture unless you are on the other side.

Verna CRDi and the Fiesta diesel are tried and tested models, whole the Linea is not even on the roads!
While we cant believe everything blindly (and some can be biased), i cant subscribe to saying we should not trust reviews at all. Linea has been road tested by them.

The same is done for all new cars, and not just for Linea.
Old 7th January 2009, 15:15   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
IVerna CRDi and the Fiesta diesel are tried and tested models, whole the Linea is not even on the roads!
By that logic, no newly launched car can be compared to one that has been around for a while.

And by the way, i don't trust magazine shootouts either. According to them, one is better off buying the Indica Dicor than the Palio Multijet because it is cheaper by 50-odd thousand.

But somehow, I wonder why all magazines are unanimously proclaiming the Linea to be very good. The car has to be really good if they are really honest about it.

ACI has clearly written that while cars like the Verna and Magnum "can have the Linea for lunch" while accelarating on the highway, the Linea keeps pace in the city and does not behave like a 90BHP, 1300CC engine. The features basket is good enough.

One last chance for Fiat India I guess. Third Time Lucky, or Never Give Up?
Old 7th January 2009, 15:28   #292
Senior - BHPian

Congrats to the 3 people who have already booked. Require some guts as i cant buy anything including cars without even seeing them in person! But in this case am sure the car looks good from all aspects so the disappointment to you guys might be saved.

As for underpower issue i don't think majority of people will bother about it as 90% of general public are not racers and for them 0-100 does not hold much value. What holds is the features and mileage car is providing and the pricing and i feel Linea scores superbly in these aspects
Old 7th January 2009, 15:28   #293
BHPian

Booked my Fiat Linea

Hey Guyz,

I booked my Fiat Linea Petrol ( monthly driving around 600 Kms) today with a downpayment of Rs. 1,00,001/- .

I would like to take this oppurtunity to thank everybody on team bhp for helping me out with all the information and guidance.

A special thanks to 'muneem' for all the TD information and the car pics.

I had taken my mom and wife to the showroom for the booking, Linea would be mostly used by my parents ( chauffered by my wife ;0) ), both of them liked the car a lot, tested the blue and me and the music system.

I had earlier made up my mind for ANHC (Tired waiting for Linea) , then somehow i held on and booked the Linea today. I am more of a sober person, i would not be looking for the 0-100, 0-60 or drag racing sort of stuff. For me what matters more are the features , the interiors and the looks of the car.... hence i chose the VFM Linea. ANHC was costing one lakh more and would not have given me all the features which Linea does.

I have been informed that the Petrol Linea would be 8.5 on road bangalore and would be delivere only in Feb. The Diesel might be 9.6 On road bangalore and would be delivered as soon as the launch happens.

Thanks once again to all of you !!!

Regards,
Ranganathan
Old 7th January 2009, 15:29   #294
Senior - BHPian

harry10,
Go through the thread. JRD did have a small TD before he booked the car.
Old 7th January 2009, 15:30   #295
Distinguished - BHPian

I throughly explored the top end maroon-red top color lines in Concorde Motors(Mysore Road). Needless to say that the car ooozees class (compared to it's segment)

Few observations:

- The Headlight assembly is from Turkey: Made in July 08
- The tyres are 3508 manufactured -- Goodyear
- The steering is great but feels small (compared to my S10's)
- There are tons and tons of info-displays/buttons to keep all the geeks happy.
- In rear door I could see grill for tweeters (and in front also) -- don't know what that one was for
- The rear door does not have a quarter glass panel. The q-panel is fixed on the body after the door. (First time I saw this on any car)
- The alloys look great

Not so good part:

- The rear plastics (in the center console) are of horrible quality
- The side cladding on doors is not of sloping shape at the end. If the edge of the cladding of the rear door starts to peel of even a little bit, it will create a nuisance for the front door and maybe even give a dent. I messed up the front door of the car there as the cladding was peeling of. People who go to this showroom can observe it.
Old 7th January 2009, 15:49   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
How many 1.4 Elegance (Petrol) has Skoda managed to sell for its Fabia???
Skoda hasn't managed to sell too many Fabias anyway. The 1.4 MPI is one of it's kind. Even if one accepts that it is so pricey because it's almost entirely imported, a petrolhead would never accept the engine under it's hood. I was shocked by the way it struggled in the city drives.

So this will not deter Hyundai (or any other car maker) from offering a more powerful engine.

Last edited by CBlazer : 7th January 2009 at 15:59.
Old 7th January 2009, 15:50   #297
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
- The rear door does not have a quarter glass panel. The q-panel is fixed on the body after the door. (First time I saw this on any car)
Chevrolet Optra Magnum, Opel Astra, Opel Corsa, Audi A4 and some other cars all have this.

However this has a quarter glass in the A-pillar as well as C-pillar which is not common.
Old 7th January 2009, 15:53   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Congrats to the 3 people who have already booked. Require some guts as i cant buy anything including cars without even seeing them in person!
Harry10, whoever has booked had seen the car in the showrooms. I went along with my wife to see the car in the showroom before booking though there is nothing new from what I have read/heard from megazine reviews. Only thing I didn't do was a test drive as it was not allowed. I had test driven Swift/Palio/Vista diesels. So, I trust the engine. To a good extent, I trust the reviews about ride/handling/quality by Indian as well as European sources. I'm sure the price will be within 10L. It was good enough for me to go for booking the car.

People booked ANHC even long before it reached the showrooms. Don't we research innumerable items in online shopping, such as electronic, etc. etc. by reading the specs and reviews (such as camera, DVD player, laptop, Home theatre receiver, tennis racket, etc. etc.) and buy them online?

For me, in the comparison of basics itself in the C+ segment "diesel" cars, Linea came out winner. Even if it disappoints me in finer aspects, I'm fine, because I know that it is better than anything else that I can get right now and I don't want to wait for another year waiting for a better one

Sometimes, not having too many choices make the decision simple, doesn't it?
Old 7th January 2009, 16:04   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
The steering is great but feels small (compared to my S10's)
I think that's great. I have always felt that the S10 steering is a size larger and that Fiat should go one size small with their steering.

Quote:
I booked my Fiat Linea Petrol
4 Linea's bought already at team-bhp. I hope Fiat is getting the message about what this means.

Those of you who booked the car, can you tell us what was the atmosphere like at the dealership? Was the staff excited / bullish about the new car? What about the other people who dropped in to take a look at the car? How were they reacting? Was there a positive vibe in the dealerships and among people looking at the Linea?
Old 7th January 2009, 16:09   #300
BHPian

Goodness me its 4 now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Congratulations Shreyaswi.

That makes it a three after JRD and Opendro.

3 LINEAS booked on T-BHP itself, even before the launch, thats great news for FIAT.
Congratulations tinkywinky.

3 Diesels and 1 Petrol, already booked by BHPians..

FIAT LIENA is rocking.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks