Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2009, 16:13   #301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkywinky View Post
Hey Guyz,

I booked my Fiat Linea Petrol ( monthly driving around 600 Kms) today with a downpayment of Rs. 1,00,001/- .

Regards,
Ranganathan
Many many congratulations on Petrol Linea. So we have one Petrol owner too. Seems like Linea will definitly rule the Indian market. All the best Fiat.
Old 7th January 2009, 16:35   #302
BHPian

Congrats tinkywinky for wise decesion. I am sure sooner or later Honda is going to get City with new features if they want to compete with Linea (depends if *** is improved by Tata-Fiat alliance).
Old 7th January 2009, 16:35   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Fiat Linea: 20.4kgm @ 1750rpm
Ford Fiesta TDCi: 16.3kgm @ 2000rpm
Mahindra Logan: 16.3kgm @ 2000rpm

Weight:
Fiat Linea: 1185kg
Ford Fiesta: 1150kg
Mahindra Logan:1140kg

By the looks of it on paper the Fiat is ahead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
I have checked the performance figures of Linea Multijet against most other diesel cars - as given by ACI & Overdrive.

On all key performance parameters (0-100km,20-80 in 3rd,40-100 in 4th, standing 400m, and standing 1000m) Linea beats diesels of the like Fiesta D,Logan D,Innova D, and (a surprise, at least for me) a Scorpio 2.6.

I
Everyone forgot the segment leader Dezire!

190Nm@2000 and 1105kg for VDi

Dint they compare it with Dezire?
Old 7th January 2009, 16:43   #304
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

I didn't include it because it's the same engine with VGT hence anyways higher state of tune than Dzire. Also isn't the Dzire a segment lower. I mean this is as long as a Corolla Altis and wheelbase is more than the Corolla.
Old 7th January 2009, 16:50   #305
Senior - BHPian

So, what do a layman compare it with?

Or is this the beat a man can get for the price then wrt to accessories etc?

OD on TV, didnt like its handing (on a race track! and hence shouldnt matter for a dailyuse ).
Old 7th January 2009, 17:06   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OD on TV, didnt like its handing on a race track!
How about the suspension while off roading?
Old 7th January 2009, 17:12   #307
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
OD on TV, didnt like its handing (on a race track! and hence shouldnt matter for a dailyuse ).
I saw that show on CNBC. OD said the chasis is brilliant but the engine cannot come close to exploiting the full capabilities of the chasis. They said it was boring as the engine wasn't powerful enough to explore the limits.
Old 7th January 2009, 17:19   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
How about the suspension while off roading?

did they mention it seats only 5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I saw that show on CNBC. OD said the chasis is brilliant but the engine cannot come close to exploiting the full capabilities of the chasis. They said it was boring as the engine wasn't powerful enough to explore the limits.
i missed this show. Anytime it will be re-telecast or anyway i can view it online?
Old 7th January 2009, 17:22   #309
BHPian

Thank you....

Thank you everybody for the wishes .... ... I hope to post the pics of my car as soon as i have them.....
Old 7th January 2009, 17:23   #310
Senior - BHPian

@Opendro- i just meant i cant do it and not noone else can do it
Like is said earlier this car is giving me positive vibes and am sure you wont repent buying it. Infact i am also interested in it(diesel model) and just waiting for a TD to make up my mind.
Old 7th January 2009, 17:51   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

According to ACI, Dezire has a 0.7 sec advantage over Linea in 0-100 , a very minor edge in 0-400, and a slight disadvantage in standing Km.

Linea's VGT helps it to beat Dezire in 20-80 in 3rd, and 40-100 in 4th very comfortably.
Old 7th January 2009, 18:10   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Those of you who booked the car, can you tell us what was the atmosphere like at the dealership? Was the staff excited / bullish about the new car? What about the other people who dropped in to take a look at the car? How were they reacting? Was there a positive vibe in the dealerships and among people looking at the Linea?
I have not booked the car. But have seen it and have taken my colleagues along to have a look at it(ext and internal).

A little background:

Showroom - Concorde, Prabhadevi
Model - Emotion, Diesel
Past exp - HAd been to this showroom to check out the Vista when it had been launched as a colleague was interested in it. the sales person was pretty sad. He had no idea about what is the exact price / colours / delivery date / service centers etc. He also had no idea as to where the various controls were. And tried to convince us that the engine compartment does not need a light because it is so "roomy"! He had no visiting card on his person and we had to follow up extensively to arrange for a test drive. The person who accompanied us on the TD however was a far more competent person. But from the perspective of follow-up and "sales" attitude was not too great.

Linea Exp - I was walking past the showroom on Monday evening when I suddenly realised that there was a Linea on display. Went in and spoke to the receptionist who promptly toook down my name and contact details. She then accompanied me to the car and introduced me to the sales person. Thanks to all the reading done here, the guy was always on the backfoot regarding features on the car but he kept pace nonetheless and even pointed out the hydraulic supports in the boot. He had an idea about the indicative price and delivery timelines. Far more competent.
Next day when my colleagues and I went to have a look at the car, the said sales guy was out and the car had disappeared. The people in the showroom, mentioned that the car was given to them only on a temp basis and was no longer on display. One call to the sales guy and we were taken to the basement and allowed to check her out.
The guy again called back later in the evening, apologised for any inconvenience caused and promised to call back as soon as a TD is avbl.

Much better pre-sales experience.
But would like to hear how the buying experience was! And congrats to Ranganath on making the first petrol purchase.
Old 7th January 2009, 18:15   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
According to ACI, Dezire has a 0.7 sec advantage over Linea in 0-100 , a very minor edge in 0-400, and a slight disadvantage in standing Km.

Linea's VGT helps it to beat Dezire in 20-80 in 3rd, and 40-100 in 4th very comfortably.
Am seriously impressed. WOW!!!!
Old 7th January 2009, 18:28   #314
Senior - BHPian

Any idea regarding the waiting period?

I was surprised how thin the metal is of the Dezire and its so very light.

Bit OT; remember what they said about the Fabia?

Edit:

"Hoping for early opening of geniunely good multibrand service centres ( as announced by Jagdish Khattar - ex MUL head)"

We do have myTvs in Kerala.

Last edited by jkdas : 7th January 2009 at 18:43.
Old 7th January 2009, 18:31   #315
BHPian

Waiting Period

Waiting Period for Linea diesel would be 5 days ( Max) and for Petrol is a month. The production of Linea Petrol started a bit late......

MJD will be on the road first....
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks