Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2009, 23:30   #331
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Where did you check this car in Chennai.
Definitely not NewYork

Both Concorde Motors & VST have Linea on display, anyway.
Old 8th January 2009, 02:44   #332
BHPian

check out the official linea website Linea.in - Linea Resources and Information. This website is for sale!.
Old 8th January 2009, 08:15   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRO View Post
why on earth would Fiat launch 120ps 1.4 16-v t-jet engine ? Its not honda to give performance along with amazing fuel efficiency on Indian roads.
What makes you think that the 120ps 1.4 16-v T-Jet engine is incapable of delivering both performance and fuel efficiency. In FIAT's own words (taken from their Website under the Performance, Engine Options Menu) -

The T-JET turbo charged petrol engine with 120 hp torque is outstanding with its performance, low fuel consumption and long lifetime. Just from 1750 rpm with the great support of Turbo, 206 nm of torque is available. With this advantage, the mid-acceleration performance is so good without downgearing this also provides low consumption and high comfort. Linea 1.4 16V T-Jet acceleration from 0-100 km/h in just 9 seconds & maximum speed is 200 km/h.

In the few lines that describe the prowess of this engine for them to have mentioned "low consumption" twice must mean something. If it offers an average of approximately 10/11 kms per litre - I can live with that for the added performance.

I think your question should have been - Why on earth would Fiat not launch the Linea with the 120ps 1.4 16-v t-jet engine?
Old 8th January 2009, 09:38   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuja365 View Post
You were looking at a wrong website sir, you were looking in at Linea.in - Linea Resources and Information. This website is for sale!, which is a incorrect domain.

Here you go, mentioned below is the link to Fiat Linea's website :

- Fiat Linea -

Last edited by Bubby : 8th January 2009 at 09:40.
Old 8th January 2009, 09:41   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
How many 1.4 Elegance (Petrol) has Skoda managed to sell for its Fabia???
I think you missed the point. It’s not about how many Fabias (1.4 Mpi Elegance variant at Rs.7.90 lacs on-road Mumbai) that Skoda has managed to sell – it’s about offering the (Indian) consumer an option for the same. If Hyundai India can make the i20 at Chennai and sell it at London, why can’t they sell it Mumbai also? In fact, as opposed to any other car manufacturer that would probably have to set-up a separate assembly line for a higher powered engine variant, it is all the more simpler for Hyundai as they are assembling the same in any case.

With rumours of Honda powering their Jazz model with the same 1.5 litre i-VTEC engine used on the new City, Hyundai just might re-think their reluctance on introducing the i20 with the 1.4 engine.

A bit off-topic - Whilst Hyundai India is still tottering over when to offer Indians a Diesel variant of the i10 (a car that has now been around for about 15 months), the British are already (or soon enough) being fed the Diesel variant of the i20, a car manufactured in your and my backyard – Sad and it Hurts!!!

Check out the export variant of the i20 here and see how different it is from ours.
Old 8th January 2009, 09:43   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Definitely not NewYork

Both Concorde Motors & VST have Linea on display, anyway.

Good one
But i want to know,whether Linea is displayed in VST Anna Nagar

Last edited by aks_karthik : 8th January 2009 at 09:46.
Old 8th January 2009, 09:58   #337
BHPian

Can Linea be fixed with alloy size of 15" or 16" or 17"

Guys not sure if anyone of you noticed this, but on the Lineas website they are showing 3 different size of alloys, on the colour configurator tab.

15", 16" and 17", not sure what would this mean? Its like customise the size you want ( sounds bizarre ) but then why would they allow to configurate the car on the website or the only other i can relate this to is, Linea has 3 different variants and for each variant the alloy size differers.

Thoughts on this.

Something like :

Active variant of Linea would have 15".
Dynamic variant of Linea would have 16".
Emotion variant of Linea would have 17".
Old 8th January 2009, 10:14   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Good one
But i want to know,whether Linea is displayed in VST Anna Nagar
I dont think this car will be displayed in VST motors Anna nagar. It has a really cramped display area and last time I went there, they had only two cars on display, Vista and Indigo XL.
Old 8th January 2009, 10:20   #339
BHPian

Wah.. Great response to a great car!! Congratulations to all who have booked Linea.. Its sure a lovely car.
Old 8th January 2009, 10:22   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuja365 View Post
Gauging from your previous couple of posts, I think you are a bit confused with all the various Linea Websites going around, especially with the fake ones thrown in for added confusion. Here’s a lowdown of the official Websites on the Linea.

FIAT’s worldwide Website depicting the Linea is - Fiat / Showroom / Linea

FIAT’s worldwide Website dedicated only to the Linea is - - Fiat Linea -

FIAT India’s Website is - Fiat India

And the latest addition is FIAT India’s Linea specific Website - Linea ::

There are other country-specific Websites for the Linea like - Fiat Linea - would be for Germany, - Fiat Linea - for Turkey etc.

The rest are all unofficial, fake Websites.

Hope this helps…
Old 8th January 2009, 12:03   #341
BHPian

Fiat Linea website for India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
You were looking at a wrong website sir, you were looking in at Linea.in - Linea Resources and Information. This website is for sale!, which is a incorrect domain.

Here you go, mentioned below is the link to Fiat Linea's website :

- Fiat Linea -
I think you went to the international website of linea. Here is the latest Linea website for India
- Fiat Linea India -

But this site has not started showing the details, but only a teaser site made in flash. Nice to hold the breath.

Also I think alloy options will be for the European/US markets. But the 17'' is great for the car.
Old 8th January 2009, 12:13   #342
BHPian

Best timings in Linea 1.25 MJD

This is what I post in ACI forum where FRG posted the test drive report:

Hi FRG, just wondering why ACI managed Linea MJD to do 0-100 in more than 15 secs. ACI reports 6.1 secs for 0-60. Then 9 secs from 60-100 or almost 5 seconds from 80-100 is poor driving according to me.
ACI reports that Linea MJD would pull strongly to 5000rpm in first and second gear, which means, it is very quick upto 63.8 (= 12.76 * 5) kmph. At 63.8kmph, the rpm if we have to shift to third gear will be 3236rpm (= 63.8 / 19.72). Linea MJD torque falls to half of the peak by 4750rpm and there is hardly any rpm left after 3236rpm and not a good gear if racing till 100. Moreover, Linea MJD's 4th gear ratio is so close to the third and at 63.8kmph, the engine torque in 4th gear would be almost 200Nm at 2300rpm (= 63.8 / 27.75). In fact, Linea would accelerate better in 4th gear than 3rd gear if the third gear is going beyond 4250rpm, because the loss in engine torque in 3rd gear is so much compared to the gear ratio in 4th gear and corresponding engine torque in the 4th gear. In other words, beyond 83kmph, 4th gear would accelerate better than 3rd gear in Linea. If there is any benefit of acceleration time in third gear from 64-83kmph, that benefit would be lost to an imminent gear change to 4th gear after 83kmph.

The best 0-100 or 0-120 in Linea MJD should be done in this fashion:
1st gear till 4750rpm i.e. till 32kmph
2nd gear till 4750rpm i.e. till 61kmph
4th gear upto 130kmph for best 0-130 timing
for best 0-X, where X > 130, shift to 5th gear earlier at 115kmph (i.e. at around 4300rpm), because 5th gear is also very close to 4th gear ratio and we don't have another 6th gear to jump from the 4th gear red line.

So, according to me, both ACI and Overdrive did a very inexperienced driving to measure the best time to a certain speed.

P.S. This is the same proceduce (not speed, but the rpm) to be followed in Indica Vista quadrajet to get best time.

Last edited by opendro : 8th January 2009 at 12:22.
Old 8th January 2009, 13:03   #343

Confused!

Hi im new to team bhp so hi everyone

i took a test drive of linea emotion from kun motors hyd and i was really impressed by handling,overall look and the build quality.i loved the retro inspired dials and creatures comforts like the rear ac vent. i own a more expensive verna crdi sx and linea surely looks c+ in comparision but i suppose verna would beat it anyday on a striaght road challenge.My only question is if its a good option to upgrade to a linea from a swift vdi when i already own another c segment diesel sedan?

p.s can anyone tell me how to put a team bhp watermark as i have some good pics to share
Old 8th January 2009, 13:05   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Guys not sure if anyone of you noticed this, but on the Lineas website they are showing 3 different size of alloys, on the colour configurator tab.
The International Linea comes with two tyre sizes – namely - 185/65 R15 and 195/60 R15. The optional sizes are 195/55 R16 and 205/45 R17, presumably to be fitted on the T-Jet engine powered Linea as it can go a lot faster. AutoCar India states that the Indian variant will come with 195/60 R15. Given the engine that FIAT India is offering us, 195/60 R15 seems quite adequate. Maybe the experts can ascertain if the upgrade to 195/55 R16 makes sense but the 205/45 R17 for the Indian Linea truly seems more detrimental rather than beneficial.
Old 8th January 2009, 13:22   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deccangroove View Post
can anyone tell me how to put a team bhp watermark as i have some good pics to share
Why do you want to put water marks? The car is out and on display everywhere!

Linea pictures are no longer spy shots. Finally!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed