Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2009, 13:26   #346
BANNED

Linea---------------------------admire!

Ok... many people have been asking for a decent comparison between Linea
and the other competitors in its segement. I'm sure, this extensive comparison I have raked up will help all those who want to buy cars in the near future (C Segment) and haven't made up their mind. The comparison is VERY helpful, i'm sure, considering that it is b/w 6 cars- The Linea Fire Emotion, Linea Multijet emotion, SX4 ZXi, Honda City 2008, Ford Fiesta TDCi and the Hyundai Verna. People will be shown why, even though Linea is "underpowered" it is an all rounder and a brilliant package. Please go through the comparison and get convinced! The Linea's features are so well known to us that we forget to notice that most other cars don't have them! Please go through the comparison (many people had asked for it) and give your comments! The doc is attached!

AUTOCARCRcheers:

P.S. Congrats on the Linea getting ACI COTY award. Somebody had posted in the other thread that it isn't enough to get the award and shouldn't have got it because its weight cannot be carried by an underpowered engine but you can see this comparison and convince yourself why it won the award in addition to the Europe's AUTOBEST 2008 award.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Cars.doc (82.0 KB, 654 views)
Old 8th January 2009, 13:40   #347
Senior - BHPian

Just called VST motors Anna Nagar,Chennai.
They don't have display car in Anna Nagar Showroom as renovating is going on.
They have been displaying Linea in Anna Salai Showroom from last week itself.
Tentative OnRoad Price of Linea Emotion Pack is Rs.9.15 Lakhs.
Already they have booked three cars(Emotion Pack).
For the first batch,they will be getting only 4 cars(Emotion Pack)
Old 8th January 2009, 14:00   #348
BANNED

Hey!

LINEADMIRE!!

Even I went to Chennai Anna Salai showroom on the first day of the car coming itself! It was filled with balloons written Linea on them. The curtains were draped around it as if the launch had already taken place. I have never seen a Tata showroom so live! So many people were coming & checking out the car! Some of them might have been team-bhp members! It was a flamengo red colour linea.
Old 8th January 2009, 14:24   #349

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Why do you want to put water marks? The car is out and on display everywhere!

Linea pictures are no longer spy shots. Finally!
, i know dat buddy.I got a test drive right from my home so im sure the whole world must have seen it.Im a newbie here so i was just wondering how its done.The pics i have are of some exotics in hyd which i haven seen anywhere in these forums.

Btw,can anyone pls help me wid my earlier query

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th January 2009 at 15:02. Reason: sms language
Old 8th January 2009, 14:43   #350
Senior - BHPian

autocarcr,

some of the details is wrong.esp about Fiesta.
Linea Diesel and Petrol version details are interchanged.
whether you have mentioned Emotion with Pack?
what is the source of information about Linea ?
FE you mentioned is very higher than what i read about Linea

Last edited by aks_karthik : 8th January 2009 at 14:53.
Old 8th January 2009, 14:46   #351
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
The best 0-100 or 0-120 in Linea MJD should be done in this fashion:
1st gear till 4750rpm i.e. till 32kmph
2nd gear till 4750rpm i.e. till 61kmph
4th gear upto 130kmph for best 0-130 timing
for best 0-X, where X > 130, shift to 5th gear earlier at 115kmph (i.e. at around 4300rpm), because 5th gear is also very close to 4th gear ratio and we don't have another 6th gear to jump from the 4th gear red line.

P.S. This is the same proceduce (not speed, but the rpm) to be followed in Indica Vista quadrajet to get best time.
Hmmm.... It's not just the RPM but you what is more important is one should keep in mind the in what range the powerband peaks. In Linea VGT, the peak torque is achieved at 1750 itself, and peak BHP at 4000rpm. if you rev it till 4750 you will actually make the engine strain to pull the bulk of hte car.

I expect a flat torque curve from 1750 to 3500 atleast as the BHP is climbing till 4000. So try to upshift when the taco reaches above 3000 to quicker 0-100.
Old 8th January 2009, 14:47   #352

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocarcr View Post
and the other competitors in its segement. I'm sure, this extensive comparison I have raked up will help all those who want to buy cars in the near future (C Segment) and haven't made up their mind. The comparison is VERY helpful, i'm sure, considering that it is b/w 6 cars- The Linea Fire Emotion, Linea Multijet emotion, SX4 ZXi, Honda City 2008, Ford Fiesta TDCi and the Hyundai Verna. People will be shown why, even though Linea is "underpowered" it is an all rounder and a brilliant package. Please go through the comparison and get convinced! The Linea's features are so well known to us that we forget to notice that most other cars don't have them! Please go through the comparison (many people had asked for it) and give your comments! The doc is attached!

AUTOCARCRcheers:

P.S. Congrats on the Linea getting ACI COTY award. Somebody had posted in the other thread that it isn't enough to get the award and shouldn't have got it because its weight cannot be carried by an underpowered engine but you can see this comparison and convince yourself why it won the award in addition to the Europe's AUTOBEST 2008 award.
There are slight mistakes(esp regarding the diesel and petrol versions of linea) so you might wanna recheck the comparision table mate.....Good job tho and thanks
Old 8th January 2009, 14:51   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocarcr;1121573[B
Please go through the comparison (many people had asked for it) and give your comments! The doc is attached![/b]

AUTOCARCRcheers:

I am confused by these -
- diesel is more than a lakh cheaper than the petrol model?
- diesel version weighs only 5 kgs more than than petrol? i though diesels are a lot heavier?
- Verna is a lot more economical in city than on highways?
- SX4 produces 145NM of torque@1200rpm?
Old 8th January 2009, 14:55   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocarcr View Post

AUTOCARCRcheers:

good work friend... i think your comparison is good and one can see the effort you put into it.

ps the fire is the petrol and the muilti jet is the diesel you v make the mistake of putting the wrong heading on the wrong column.
Old 8th January 2009, 15:09   #355
BHPian

A bit off topic here - One of my friends was in the market for a diesel sedan. He currently drives an Optra, and was looking for a second ride. He had almost finalized on the Fiesta Diesel. A couple of days back he happened to see a Linea in Powai, and was so smitten by its rear, that he rushed to the nearest showroom(Nerul/Vashi) to have a look at it. Now he is convinced that he wants one. Just waiting for it to be officially launched.

I have a feeling that the Linea is going to see some waiting periods after it is launched. What do you feel guys??

<---- 100th Post. YAY!!!
Old 8th January 2009, 15:31   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Here are the ex-showroom prices for B'lore, received via PM here on TBHP:

Dude here you go .. All Ex-Showroom BLR

6.9, 7.5, 8.1, 8.5

Emotion will have a option pack which amounts to 8.1 + 40k for ABS, Airbag and Blue and Me.

Base variant wouldnt have Audio integrated but will come with Climate Control.

The main feature is ... the Blue and Me voice recognition 'you dont have to train it" ....

Other Feature is you can set the speed limit for your driver and it will start beeping once he goes beyond it ...

Amazing VFM if you ask me.
Can you please check for equivalent prices for petrol too?
Old 8th January 2009, 15:35   #357

i have a few observations and queries

-As an longtime owner,i can say that the FE of verna is no more than 10-11 in the city.
-Does VGT totally eliminate the turbo lag found prominently in swift 1.3MJD?

-How the music system in the linea compare to the one in the verna sx and the fiesta S?

-I was told that only black,maroon and silver(cant recollect the official names) are the only colours available in Hyderabad.Is it the same elsewhere?
Old 8th January 2009, 15:43   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
A bit off topic here - One of my friends was in the market for a diesel sedan. He currently drives an Optra, and was looking for a second ride. He had almost finalized on the Fiesta Diesel. A couple of days back he happened to see a Linea in Powai, and was so smitten by its rear, that he rushed to the nearest showroom(Nerul/Vashi) to have a look at it. Now he is convinced that he wants one. Just waiting for it to be officially launched.

I have a feeling that the Linea is going to see some waiting periods after it is launched. What do you feel guys??

<---- 100th Post. YAY!!!
The sooner you book, the lesser the waiting period buddy !!

The diesel is coming on road as soon as it is launched , the waiting period for those who book it now will be less than a week (The earliest could be before Jan 20th).

Petrol's waiting period is almost a month now, so somewhere close to Feb 15...

Congrats on your 100 posts :o)
Old 8th January 2009, 16:09   #359
BHPian

[/quote]"-I was told that only black,maroon and silver(cant recollect the official names) are the only colours available in Hyderabad.Is it the same elsewhere?"[/quote]

In bangalore there would be four colors available - 4th being champagne

Last edited by tinkywinky : 8th January 2009 at 16:23. Reason: the quote was missing
Old 8th January 2009, 16:31   #360
BHPian

"-I was told that only black,maroon and silver(cant recollect the official names) are the only colours available in Hyderabad.Is it the same elsewhere?"[/quote]

In bangalore there would be four colors available - 4th being champagne[/quote]

Perla Champagne, Hip Hop Black, Sparkling Silver, Flamengo Red. Fox Trot Azure and Minimal Grey will follow later.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed