Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2009, 16:59   #361
BANNED

Lineadmire!

Sorry. I have corrected all my mistakes and even made it look official with the Fiat logo and all! It's worth downloading now! I have also attached a teaser poster for the Linea. Hope you like it now. Almost all features of all cars are correct (including for SX4 Torque and Fiesta features list) and the features of Linea are official as per launch records.

Hope you choose your right car!

Linea............................................. .......................admire!

Autocarcrcheers:
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea has arrived-linea14.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: doc Cars.doc (121.5 KB, 382 views)
Old 8th January 2009, 17:01   #362
BHPian

1) How many and what type (front, side, curtain) of airbags does the Emotion Option Pack (Emotion O.P.) offer? 2) Does the Emotion O.P.'s rear, center, passenger seat get a three-point ELR seatbelt and adjustable headrest? 3) Does the Emotion O.P. offer stability control?

Last edited by Dose : 8th January 2009 at 17:02.
Old 8th January 2009, 17:04   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Hmmm.... It's not just the RPM but you what is more important is one should keep in mind the in what range the powerband peaks. In Linea VGT, the peak torque is achieved at 1750 itself, and peak BHP at 4000rpm. if you rev it till 4750 you will actually make the engine strain to pull the bulk of hte car.

I expect a flat torque curve from 1750 to 3500 atleast as the BHP is climbing till 4000. So try to upshift when the taco reaches above 3000 to quicker 0-100.
Wrong! Torque may have fallen considerably when the rpm reaches 4500, but remember that gear ratio will become bigger as you upshift. What matters most is the actual torque on the tyre/wheels. That is why we need to shift according to the gear ratios and torque curve in mind if we want quickest acceleration.
Old 8th January 2009, 18:10   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dose View Post
1) How many and what type (front, side, curtain) of airbags does the Emotion Option Pack (Emotion O.P.) offer? 2) Does the Emotion O.P.'s rear, center, passenger seat get a three-point ELR seatbelt and adjustable headrest? 3) Does the Emotion O.P. offer stability control?
1.2 airbags(front driver and passenger)
2.three-pt ELR seatbelts to rear seats except the center one.No adjustable headrest.
3.No stability control on any variant
Old 8th January 2009, 18:17   #365
BHPian

TD'd LINEA MULTIJET

I had the TD Linea today. Needed some clarification for forum members

Please note that this the first time ever that I have driven any kind of diesel vehicle.

1. What a found in Linea Multijet that the pickup is bad, the reason is that I needed to shift to lower gear to get power and pick up.

Could you advise on this and I have decided to book for Linea Petrol and would like to know if the 1.4 FIRE engine would also struggle to pull this mammoth elephant.
Old 8th January 2009, 18:24   #366

Had a look at Linea Emotion at Concerde, mysore road. Feel, Look and build were fantastic. One backdraw if we can say is the read headroom, which seem to be very less. If we try to sequeze in 3 persons, our head will touch the top for persons on the sides. Palio and 500 seemed to have better headroom both at front and rear. In Palio 3 persons can easily sit at rear.
Old 8th January 2009, 18:41   #367
BHPian

i was looking through fiat, and some how discovered this: check it out guys. Linea ::
Old 8th January 2009, 18:47   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitsank View Post
Could you advise on this and I have decided to book for Linea Petrol and would like to know if the 1.4 FIRE engine would also struggle to pull this mammoth elephant.
Ajit, I would suggest you to wait & TD the petrol version, and then decide.
Old 8th January 2009, 18:49   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
1.2 airbags(front driver and passenger)
2.three-pt ELR seatbelts to rear seats except the center one.No adjustable headrest.
3.No stability control on any variant
Thank you very much, theragingbull !
Old 8th January 2009, 18:50   #370
Senior - BHPian

So..finneyp - when are you picking up your Linea? I thought you'd be driving around in one already.

Or will you stick to asking others to buy? Dont tell us you're waiting for Punto. Time to walk the talk!
Old 8th January 2009, 18:51   #371
BHPian

Quote:

Please note that this the first time ever that I have driven any kind of diesel vehicle.
I had this friend who booked diesel swift and driving diesel first time. He complained that it was not pulling enough at 40kmph in fifth gear, which he used to comfortably do in small petrol cars.

I hope you are not in that habit of petrol car driving. Just make sure that you slot in a gear that would go at 2500 rpm at the given speed. If you are not satisfied with that pull, I think your complain is genuine.
Old 8th January 2009, 18:55   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1. What a found in Linea Multijet that the pickup is bad, the reason is that I needed to shift to lower gear to get power and pick up.

As it was your first time driving a diesel, your driving style could have contributed a lot towards the bad pickup i.e. if you were revving it like a petrol powered car then you would find a diesel very sluggish. In a diesel you have to shift early at about 3000-3500rpm.
Old 8th January 2009, 18:58   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
So..finneyp - when are you picking up your Linea? I thought you'd be driving around in one already.
Steer, certainly not in the present time of recession!
Actually, right now I am thinking if I should stop commuting to office by Car.

Quote:
Time to walk the talk!
In that case, you would have bought the Indica Vista.
Old 8th January 2009, 19:12   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Steer, certainly not in the present time of recession!
Actually, right now I am thinking if I should stop commuting to office by Car.

In that case, you would have bought the Indica Vista.
Steeroid, Finney,

I know both you guys are not going to take either LINEA or VISTA.

Steeroid is waiting for INDICA VISTA V2 and finney for LINEA T-Jet T-Jet++.

Am I right buddies??
Old 8th January 2009, 20:42   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by softroader View Post
i was looking through fiat, and some how discovered this: check it out guys. Linea ::
So the site has moved on from teaser mode. Good find!

Also there is a COTY badge!

Last edited by SilentEngine : 8th January 2009 at 20:44.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks