Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2009, 11:53   #391
BHPian

finally it seems FIAT is doing right in their every step
have fixed a TD (off the record) today evening with one of TATA dealers. I hope they will let me rip this beauty
Oh and I could clearly feel the attitude changing at TATA dealershipcheers:
Old 9th January 2009, 11:56   #392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse View Post
finally it seems FIAT is doing right in their every step
have fixed a TD (off the record) today evening with one of TATA dealers. I hope they will let me rip this beauty
Oh and I could clearly feel the attitude changing at TATA dealershipcheers:
I just hope this is not due to the launch hype, and the Tata a.s.s does improve.

But I think FIAT were always prompt when it came to TDs.
Old 9th January 2009, 12:23   #393
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk View Post
... ... Needless to day, Linea has consistently generated more interests on TBHP that any other car or launches in India followed by ANHC. This is my experience over the last 6 months or so.
Whilst what you say might apply to the last six months, I don't think it is rivalling the Swift diesel yet.

Will it steal the Swift's position?
Old 9th January 2009, 12:29   #394
Senior - BHPian

@The Horse : expecting a detailed TD review by you.
Old 9th January 2009, 12:50   #395
BHPian

Just got a call from the dealer in Pune
Diesel
Active 7.10 lacs ex showroom
E+ 8.40 lacs ex-showroom

Petrol
Active 6.2 l
E+ 7.20

test drives available frm tomm
Old 9th January 2009, 12:57   #396
BHPian

What would you guys say i Fiat offered the 1.4 16 V T-Jet at the same price as the diesel variant or maybe for lets say 30k more than the diesel machine. Would the Indian consumer be tempted to buy it/buy it?

(This T-JET turbo charged petrol engine with 120 hp torque is outstanding with its performance, low fuel consumption and long lifetime. Just from 1750 rpm with the great support of Turbo, 206 nm of torque is available. With this advantage, the mid-acceleration performance is so good without downgearing this also provides low consumption and high comfort. Linea 1.4 16V T-Jet acceleration from 0-100 km/h in just 9 seconds & maximum speed is 200 km/h)

i for one would certainly be tempted as my driving is under a 1000km per month. and this would certainly put a lot of other cars to shame...
Old 9th January 2009, 13:39   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine freak View Post
What would you guys say i Fiat offered the 1.4 16 V T-Jet at the same price as the diesel variant or maybe for lets say 30k more than the diesel machine. Would the Indian consumer be tempted to buy it/buy it?
If they do so, even at 20K extra to the diesel one, I will change my booking to the petrol right away. We get torque, power and I read that it is a very fuel efficient engine. But I cannot wait for it if they don't launch in the beginning itself.
Old 9th January 2009, 15:23   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
If they do so, even at 20K extra to the diesel one, I will change my booking to the petrol right away. We get torque, power and I read that it is a very fuel efficient engine. But I cannot wait for it if they don't launch in the beginning itself.

Count me in as well... but only if it is launched right upfront, if they are gonna delay it... then i would stick to my 1.4 Petrol.....
Old 9th January 2009, 15:51   #399
BHPian

@ tinkywinky: Have you TD'd a petrol linea, if so how does it compare to SX4. In power and pick up which car would you rate more
Old 9th January 2009, 16:49   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post

I think they will eventually launch it and it will be about the same price as the diesel. but it will take about a year for them to do so.
Old 9th January 2009, 16:55   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitsank View Post
@ tinkywinky: Have you TD'd a petrol linea, if so how does it compare to SX4. In power and pick up which car would you rate more

Hey Buddy,

I have booked the Linea petrol. I am most of a sobre driver , i am not looking for a drag race lolz. the car comes loaded with features on the top end and can safely say that it would easily pull 5 people ( i only have 4 in my family as of now). I would not be doing more than 600-700 Kms a month. Muneem who had test driven the petrol had told us that the engine sounds racey and cool !!

Believe me... even you would rate it better than SX4, very well built sturdy body and a beautiful engine it is not underpowered for sure.
Old 9th January 2009, 17:06   #402
BHPian

Fiat Linea Petrol

There has been humngous discussion on the diesel version. There are as many users looking forward to make buying decision on a Linea Petrol but with very less information available either ACI/OVERDRIVE or in this forum.

Could memebers please pour out the information they have on the LINEA PETROL 1.4 including TD'S if any, the launch date is closer and there aren't many days left.
Old 9th January 2009, 17:17   #403
Senior - BHPian

Called Aone Motors delhi and they said launch date is 17 jan. Guess noone has a confirmed launch date yet.
Old 9th January 2009, 17:28   #404
BHPian

Fiat Linea has arrived at the dealerships. You can check it out there.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea has arrived-fiat_linea_front.jpg  

Old 9th January 2009, 17:29   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Called Aone Motors delhi and they said launch date is 17 jan. Guess noone has a confirmed launch date yet.
Hey harry,

so it seems i20 is out of your list now? I see Vista and Linea only in your wannabie list!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks