Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2009, 17:59   #406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Hey harry,

so it seems i20 is out of your list now? I see Vista and Linea only in your wannabie list!
He is a diesel fan.

twinkywinky,
Congrats on the Linea booking.
Old 9th January 2009, 17:59   #407
BHPian

Any Delhi Ncr dealership where the Linea is displayed...? i have called several and none of them has a definite answer when it ll be on display with them.
Old 9th January 2009, 18:58   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
He is a diesel fan.

twinkywinky,
Congrats on the Linea booking.
lol. You are right mate. Though i will say i am a good product fan be it petrol or diesel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Hey harry,

so it seems i20 is out of your list now? I see Vista and Linea only in your wannabie list!
Never knew someone is watching my list
Yes buddy as i was disappointed with its launch with no Crdi offering so Vista or Linea as of now.
Old 9th January 2009, 19:19   #409
Senior - BHPian

Whoever booked Linea its like booking in black market, because officially its not launched yet.

I have called Fiat customer service and they say they don't have any information yet and next week they would get back to me.

So officially there is no information about Linea. The information given by many members can't be trusted fully. Once its officially launched we wil get trusted information.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 9th January 2009, 19:22   #410
Senior - BHPian

Am smitten. On my ride back from office today saw the Linea at the Prerna showroom on Sarjapura Road, and decided to stop. Leaned my bike against their guardrail (their first ever cycle-borne customer walkin?) and went straight to the car.

Looks wayyyyy better in the flesh than in pictures. My aesthetics related doubts have vanished. The interiors feel smart and well finished. Doesn't seem very comfortable for 3 at the rear, but will do an ok job. The sterring tilts easily and has a nice solid feel to it. The boot is humongous, and the top's flat without any vertical intrusions. At least the top end version - the one on display - has 15 inchers and the rubber did not look too skinny. No TD, or even an engine crank, but first impressions have left me wondering if its time the City was retired.

The top end diesel is expected to be 9.5 on road :( The next is 9, then 8.5 and then 8 - these are figures from the showroom staff who said they did not have precise numbers.

Hmmmmm.
Old 9th January 2009, 19:47   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Whoever booked Linea its like booking in black market, because officially its not launched yet.

I have called Fiat customer service and they say they don't have any information yet and next week they would get back to me.

So officially there is no information about Linea. The information given by many members can't be trusted fully. Once its officially launched we wil get trusted information.

Regards,

Ravi.
Ravi try calling up concorde motros or Prerna motors and you will get all the information. The car is on display with them. Agreed that the car is not yet launched. But Linea booking can not be called black market , coz i have got an official bill. I am taking a leverage on this booking period to avoid the waiting period as much as possible.

u are obviously correct that all the information might not be correct, but most of it will be... I suggest that you go ahead and take a look at one of the display cars to believe yourself.

Regards,
Ranganathan
Old 10th January 2009, 10:04   #412
BANNED

Lineadmire!

It's nice to see tinkywinky etc. up and about on team-bhp waiting for someone to comment so that we can start YET another day of Linea chat! I'm so excited! Maybe there will be a scoop today! I hope so. By the way, how did you like my comparison and my poster (Page 27) did it help?
Old 10th January 2009, 12:18   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocarcr View Post
Ok... many people have been asking for a decent comparison between Linea
and the other competitors in its segement. I'm sure, this extensive comparison I have raked up will help all those who want to buy cars in the near future (C Segment) and haven't made up their mind. The comparison is VERY helpful, i'm sure, considering that it is b/w 6 cars- The Linea Fire Emotion, Linea Multijet emotion, SX4 ZXi, Honda City 2008, Ford Fiesta TDCi and the Hyundai Verna. People will be shown why, even though Linea is "underpowered" it is an all rounder and a brilliant package. Please go through the comparison and get convinced! The Linea's features are so well known to us that we forget to notice that most other cars don't have them! Please go through the comparison (many people had asked for it) and give your comments! The doc is attached!

AUTOCARCRcheers:

P.S. Congrats on the Linea getting ACI COTY award. Somebody had posted in the other thread that it isn't enough to get the award and shouldn't have got it because its weight cannot be carried by an underpowered engine but you can see this comparison and convince yourself why it won the award in addition to the Europe's AUTOBEST 2008 award.
Quote:
It's nice to see tinkywinky etc. up and about on team-bhp waiting for someone to comment so that we can start YET another day of Linea chat! I'm so excited! Maybe there will be a scoop today! I hope so. By the way, how did you like my comparison and my poster (Page 27) did it help?
I did. And many thanks for that, appreciate the work involved. It is in page 24, not 27.

Is Linea petrol's mileage better that the diesel? I think the two should be swapped. Then it makes sense. What say?
Old 10th January 2009, 12:23   #414
BHPian

Waiting.....

Quote:

absolutely buddy !! infact ... I checked the forum thrice in the morning and was disappointed to see no post at all..... ;o)... lolz..... hope somebody comes with the brouche , I saw the Fiat linea training guide at one of the dealers... if sidindica has got hands on...

Where are you buddy !! waiting for the Fiat Linea brouche....
Old 10th January 2009, 12:36   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
No TD, or even an engine crank, but first impressions have left me wondering if its time the City was retired.
Hmmmmm.
I wish we could retire the City, its a total rip-off. But i'm sure FIAT will leverage Linea and Punto to attain growth and numbers and as a side effect shake up Honda to reduce prices or offer better features on their cars.

Cant believe this, FIAT is actually raising the bar
Old 10th January 2009, 12:52   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp421b View Post
Fiat Linea has arrived at the dealerships. You can check it out there.
Where exactly is the car available? Fortune Thane/Powai, Wasan at Chembur? Unfortunately, there isn't a single dealer available in the western suburbs.
Old 10th January 2009, 13:28   #417
BHPian

Linea :: is off the teaser mode now so specs / data available. Check it out !
Old 10th January 2009, 13:43   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry. I have corrected all my mistakes and even made it look official with the Fiat logo and all! It's worth downloading now! I have also attached a teaser poster for the Linea. Hope you like it now. Almost all features of all cars are correct (including for SX4 Torque and Fiesta features list) and the features of Linea are official as per launch records.

Hope you choose your right car!

Linea............................................. .......................admire!

Autocarcrcheers:
Yaar, still there seems to be some kind of mistake. The multijet is shown cheaper than the fire?
Old 10th January 2009, 14:34   #419
BHPian

Why is everyone only talking about the diesel variant. I looked around for a review of the petrol version but there's nothing. If someone has driven it, a comprehensive review would be welcome. Thankyou. Someone had a testdrive today, report please.
Old 10th January 2009, 15:20   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
Where exactly is the car available? Fortune Thane/Powai, Wasan at Chembur? Unfortunately, there isn't a single dealer available in the western suburbs.

it hasnt yet arrived at the fortune thane showroom.will come there by jan12th.by the way there is a tata-fiat showroom at borivli.there is concorde at prabhadevi too.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks