Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2009, 15:36   #421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
Where exactly is the car available? Fortune Thane/Powai, Wasan at Chembur? Unfortunately, there isn't a single dealer available in the western suburbs.

I have seen it at Fortune Nerul.
Old 10th January 2009, 16:01   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
it hasnt yet arrived at the fortune thane showroom.will come there by jan12th.by the way there is a tata-fiat showroom at borivli.there is concorde at prabhadevi too.
Thanks for the info. Called up Wasan Motors, they have a showroom at Prabhadevi as well. Never knew that. Anyways, Linea is available for a TD at Wasan till 6 today and upto 1 pm tomorrow. Will be there tomorrow. Anyone want to join in?
Old 10th January 2009, 16:03   #423
BHPian

fiat linea is displayed at the tata-fiat showroom, at marine lines, Mumbai. Can be seen from the train on way to churchgate station.
Old 10th January 2009, 16:04   #424
oss
BHPian

Went to Concorde Motors this morning and checked out Fiat Linea. Boy, this one looks so nice, the exterior design is so sleek and nice looking; loaded with options in the interior.

Car feels quite spacious, and well built. The interior plastic quality looks chep, but considering the expected price and the options loaded, it is ok.

Seats, both front and rear are quite comfy. Space in the rear seat is also very good, and the large windows gives roomy feeling. A/c vent for the rear seat passengers is a big boon. Remote boot release (the key fob also has the option of boot release) is a nice touch. The sound quality of the speakers is quite good, and the AC seem to be reasonably powerful.

The boot space is cavernous, and the hydraulic piston setup for the boot lid frees up space as opposed to the tradition setup.

Couldn't take it for the test drive, and waiting for the launch date to take this beauty on a spin.

Single touch up/down motion for the front windows add to the convenience. Not many storgage options though on the door panel or dash.

The MID & the MyCar features gives you practically all sort of setups that you would want to try out.

The headlamp reflectors are shaped to give a projector lamp kind of setup. The wheel arches close in on very well, unlike the awkward looking gap in the ANHC.

One big negative is the controls for the headlamp & wiper are set for European style right side driving Why the hell can't these guys change it to the Indian style left side driving. Afterall every European car launched in UK get the control set to the left side driving. Why can't they do that when launching the car in India.

I thought only Ford & Renault were doing this, but disappointed with Fiat on this aspect. Only saving grace is the wiper movement is set properly unlike the Logan where even the wiper move the wrong way.

The plastics on the door panel are a bit of a let down. The gear knob is also ordinary looking. But considering the amount of features offered, and the styling of the car, and the pricing, i am sure all these small points can be forgiven.

Will wait to see how the service levels improve before taking a decision.

One thing is for sure. After seeing this beauty and the options that it comes with at such a good price point, ANHC feels a total let down and a big rip-off.

Last edited by oss : 10th January 2009 at 16:10.
Old 10th January 2009, 16:17   #425
BHPian

well written. Someone drive it please. can't wait for my exams to get over.
I got this from the fiat.com website
The engines equipping the new Fiat Linea are based on a perfect balance between performances and fuel consumption: muted engines, responsive and spirited to meet driver demands in any situation.
Two engines are available at present: the 1.4 petrol delivering 77 bhp and the 1.3 Multijet diesel with a power output of 90 bhp. They will soon be flanked by the 90 bhp 1.3 Multijet with DualogicTM robotised gearbox and the 1.4 Turbo T-jet, fuelled with petrol and delivering 120 bhp, the quintessence of technology and power mated to fuel economy.

What's this dualogic robotised gearbox? we haven't got this have we?
dualogic explained. This would be a boon for india.
Fiat launches a ‘sequential manual’ gearbox Punto – the DuaLogic

Last edited by sukrit7 : 10th January 2009 at 16:24. Reason: query found
Old 10th January 2009, 16:20   #426
BHPian

No signs of it here in Thane yet.
Old 10th January 2009, 16:26   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
One big negative is the controls for the headlamp & wiper are set for European style right side driving Why the hell can't these guys change it to the Indian style left side driving.
That's a surprise considering that all previous offerings from Fiat had the controls set up for RHD. Wonder why they decided to to shy away from this in the Linea.
Old 10th January 2009, 16:45   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post

One big negative is the controls for the headlamp & wiper are set for European style right side driving Why the hell can't these guys change it to the Indian style left side driving. Afterall every European car launched in UK get the control set to the left side driving. Why can't they do that when launching the car in India.

I thought only Ford & Renault were doing this, but disappointed with Fiat on this aspect. Only saving grace is the wiper movement is set properly unlike the Logan where even the wiper move the wrong way.
Add GM cars to your list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
That's a surprise considering that all previous offerings from Fiat had the controls set up for RHD. Wonder why they decided to to shy away from this in the Linea.
I too was surprised to learn about this. I checked up from my colleague--a Palio owner--and he confirmed his car had the wiper stalk on the left side, like most Indian cars.
Old 10th January 2009, 16:49   #429
BHPian

Just changed my Avtar pic to Fiat , gearing up myself for the Linea Launch. Lol.

BTW lots of other Indian cars had this European Stalks ie the Opel astra, Optra, Skoda, Matiz etc trust me it takes not more than 2-3days to get used to it.

Last edited by madhokritesh : 10th January 2009 at 16:51.
Old 10th January 2009, 16:50   #430
BHPian

One single note of caution to the Prospective Linea Buyers, the anti intrusion windows on the front with one touch up/down function dosen't seem to be functioning properly i found this the hard way when i Jammed the hands of one guy from Prerana in one window.

More to follow.
Old 10th January 2009, 17:32   #431
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
Just changed my Avtar pic to Fiat , gearing up myself for the Linea Launch. Lol.

BTW lots of other Indian cars had this European Stalks ie the Opel astra, Optra, Skoda, Matiz etc trust me it takes not more than 2-3days to get used to it.
If you are switching frequently between 2 cars, then it becomes a pain.

Whenever I go to the US, I end up starting the wiper in the turn lights
for 4-5 days & by the time I get used to it, it's time to get back & then
I again start the wiper in the India for a few days instead of the turn
lights.

But my US trips aren't so frequent. People who have 2 cars at home with
the opposite controls must be finding it a pain.
Old 10th January 2009, 17:48   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxx2006 View Post
I could not help and I simply took out my cheque book and booked Linea Dynamic (diesel) at Pandit Auto.

Cheers.
Looks
Congrats buddy !! welcome to the club , we are now 5 people from Team bhp who have booked the linea before its launch.

Regards,
Ranganathan
Old 10th January 2009, 17:49   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxx2006 View Post
I could not help and I simply took out my cheque book and booked Linea Dynamic (diesel) at Pandit Auto.
Congrats! 5th Linea at team-bhp. Time to change your signature from 'aspiring' to 'achieved.'
Old 10th January 2009, 18:40   #434
Team-BHP Support

Tata-fiat showroom on Sarjapur-ORR has a display vehicle as well as TD vehicle. The car looks very good in person. Thinking of dropping by tomorrow for a TD.
Old 10th January 2009, 18:53   #435
BHPian

All you guys down south & at Mumbai, Pune ..... are lucky. Linea has'nt reached in North.
I saw the car in flesh one year ago at Auto Expo 2008.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks