Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2009, 19:12   #436
BHPian

I have been to Prerarana motors on Sarajpur road ORR, the diesel vehicle is present for the TD , the sales person told me, they already have order for 20 vehicles and if the booking is done next week , you could get the vehicle in the first slot .

The vehicle looks good and VFM , the price list is also avilable with them for all the diesel models .

The base model "Activ" (diesel) is quoted for 8,15000/ - Rs OTR .This would definetely be a competetior for SX4,Fiesta and even chevy optra also
Old 10th January 2009, 19:48   #437
BHPian

Friends is the TD available at Concorde Motors, Dairy circle ? Does one need to take and appointment, I'm planning to visit tomorrow morning.
Old 10th January 2009, 20:32   #438
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
BTW lots of other Indian cars had this European Stalks ie the Opel astra, Optra, Skoda, Matiz etc trust me it takes not more than 2-3days to get used to it.
Well, i guess one will get used to it with some time. But my concern is i use one hand for the wheel and my left hand is normally on the stick. I maintain this position even on turns unless the turn is very sharp, i am comfortable driving with one hand even at high speed turns.

Now, if the indicator is on the left, then i will have to use the left hand to turn on in the indicator, and fumble with the stick as well if the turn demands a downshift.

This may not be a huge issue, but still think fiat should have looked into it.

Many guys seem to have taken a TD already.... Envy them!!

Need to cajol the Concorde guys to let me rip the car ASAP. I am sure peole have driven it already as i the tyres did have some dirt on it.
Old 10th January 2009, 20:57   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
That's a surprise considering that all previous offerings from Fiat had the controls set up for RHD. Wonder why they decided to to shy away from this in the Linea.

The first generation siena, when launched had a left-hand drive orientation!!however from the palio onwards they changed to RHD. i have a spark and i frequently get confused while changing cars!!
Old 10th January 2009, 21:58   #440
Senior - BHPian

Does the Linea sold in Brazil come with clear lens headlamp? The reason I ask is that the headlamps are looking awkward in Indian Linea as opposed to the images available in google of Lineas launched in Brazil.
Old 10th January 2009, 22:21   #441

Hi.Whether the top end model have EBD. Is only ABS worth without EBD
Old 10th January 2009, 22:45   #442
Senior - BHPian

Congrats to all the members who have booked the Linea. Indeed looks like the times are changing for Fiat India.

As the thread title suggests.. "The Linea has arrived!!"
Old 10th January 2009, 23:10   #443
BHPian

One observation, the dashboard and steering of Linea look much much better in actual than shown in photos appearing in Overdrive and Autocar magazines.
The black colour is much dark and look so rich whereas in photos it looks very light.

Few observations about showroom -
I found many new guys dedicated specially for FIAT section. Every one was well dressed (with a tie) and was eager to help out and lend information. There were couple of senior guys might be from FIAT I guess just to keep a tab if TATA is doing right job.
Today's experience at dealership was totally different than earlier when I went in to check Palio MJD.
Old 10th January 2009, 23:12   #444
BHPian

Saw an OFF-White Linea going from the rear entrace of Forum towards Diary circle... (Could have been a test drive car for Concorde, Christ Motors)

The car looked really good. Much better than the pics...

Would check it out pretty soon
Old 10th January 2009, 23:13   #445
BHPian

Emotion Variants....

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Could anybody clarify this as i aint sure :-

The airbags is not standard on Emotion and is available on Emotion Pack only??
This is true the top end of Linea diesel comes in two variants with the airbags and blue and me being part of Emotion pack.

Linea Petrol would have only one top end of Emotion ( airbags and blue and me included).
Old 10th January 2009, 23:16   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meiappan View Post
Hi.Whether the top end model have EBD. Is only ABS worth without EBD
The top end comes with the EBD..

Mods ... Please include this in my earlier thread as well (posting within 15 mins).
Old 10th January 2009, 23:21   #447
Senior - BHPian

Linea is a very good car IMO. What surprised me, though, in the ACI review of Linea in the Dec issue is that the total legroom (sum of front legroom + rear legroom) in the Linea is the same as Ford Ikon . ACI issue had a TD report on both Linea and the Ikon TDCI in the same issue. Compared to a 2603mm wheelbase for Linea, Ikon wheelbase < 2500mm but they have the same legroom!!

I wanted to ask the guys who have TD/checked it out already, is the legspace so less in the Linea ? Or is it a typo in ACI like they do many times ?
If its the former, then this is really impractical of such a long car and becomes a weak point for Linea (much like those American sedans with long lengths, little space inside the cabin)!
Old 10th January 2009, 23:30   #448
Distinguished - BHPian

@Raajks: Thats not the white one, its the silver one which was indeed the test drive vehicle. I dropped in to Concorde and the entrance is such that you will first walk straight towards the linea.

As soon as I entered the receptionist walked straight towards me and first wished n welcomed to the showroom and then formally went about asking my requirements.

This sudden change made me think was I in the showroom of a different manufacturer, because I have visited this showroom before and it wasn't this way.

By the way do I need to add Linea looks gorgeous!!! Could not get the test drive. will try and drop in on Sunday for a test drive. This car can give a run for its competitors' money. As the title of the thread says, Fiat Linea has definitely arrived.
Old 11th January 2009, 00:00   #449
BHPian

@karanraheja
The Emotion has ABS but no airbags.
The sales person told me that the "emotion pack" will have blue&Me, airbags and alloys too (I doubt .. as ppl on tbhp mentioned that alloys only come with petrol emotion pack).

@lancer_rit
The leg room is very good, no doubt abt that as it has a long wheelbase. Also shoulder space at the back is good too (better than ANHC)
Old 11th January 2009, 00:09   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Linea is a very good car IMO. What surprised me, though, in the ACI review of Linea in the Dec issue is that the total legroom (sum of front legroom + rear legroom) in the Linea is the same as Ford Ikon . ACI issue had a TD report on both Linea and the Ikon TDCI in the same issue. Compared to a 2603mm wheelbase for Linea, Ikon wheelbase < 2500mm but they have the same legroom!!

I wanted to ask the guys who have TD/checked it out already, is the legspace so less in the Linea ? Or is it a typo in ACI like they do many times ?
!
I have checked the car in person.

I can say that the car has sufficient leg room both at the front and the rear. One thing is for sure is that it doesnt feel or look very big inside but everything looks/ feels right interms of ergonomics and quality. The interior quality does feel good but you can make out that it is a sub 10 lakh car.

The head room at the rear defintely is less and touches the roof if you sit at the extreme left or right of the car with your back and head leaning to the seat. I doubt whether 3 adults would be very comfortable at thr rear.

The audio is from blaupunkt and does its job pretty OK.The exterior looks neat from all angles including the alloys and tyres.

The car looks and feels very much value for money.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed