Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2009, 20:09   #571
BHPian

website is now up and running. check this out Fiat Linea
Old 14th January 2009, 20:21   #572
Senior - BHPian

let us clear some perceptions:

max power and torque on the paper is something, on drive it feels for real.

now for those complaining linea's "just 85.2 ps", remember this is good amount of power from just 1248 cc and torque of 203 nm is also exceptional from a small displacement diesel motor.

this motor has been tuned for optimum driveability and better mid-range, rather than top end performance where you can experiance only on empty highways.

drive the car for at least 15-30 mins in various gears and levels and then decide whether linea is underpowered.

the torque at 2500 rpm talks about the smoothness of multijet motor.

if you think verna is powerful and joy to drive for having 110 bhp, remember it is a powerful diesel mated to a lightweight chassis with narrow tyres. the car can be difficult to control at high speeds, mileage is less than linea and i am aware of the price verna owners pay for keeping the crdi cars-HIGH RATE OF FRONT-END CRASHES and acidents which may lead to total loss of car and, sometimes, life.

the number of verna crdi crashes i have seen in my life is very high, therefore keeping this in mind, fiat guys have not screwed up with the linea's mechanicals.
Old 14th January 2009, 20:24   #573
BHPian

Prices for all variants re now updated in the Price section of the site.

Linea Diesel ranges from 7.1 to 8.35 lakhs ex showroom Mumbai.
Old 14th January 2009, 20:25   #574
BHPian

I am out of here. Followed Linea closely for a year - now over and out

What a way to start !! Or rather what a way to end !!...Inspite of all the fiat bashing and negativities on Fiat, today seems to have been the last straw for me. Inspite of "launching" a car already open and visible as daylight, inspite of the "indian"ising by providing less powered engines, despite the sick A*S*S expected, I was hanging on ....
Now with further detuned engines for God knows what, and n other probable last minute changes in a car so very passionately followed, how can one trust this company? Have I been kind of influenced and lead astray by speculative information we had here is a valid question, but nonetheless, it seems Fiat has some other plans in mind, which I definitely feel do not gel with what I wished to get.
So its a wrap for me.
Old 14th January 2009, 20:29   #575
Senior - BHPian

So engine detuned by 5bhp. I guess that's the reason ACI could not achieve the 13.8 secs done by the 90 bhp engine (as per FIAT international site claims).

Bangalore price is a killer though. I had expected the ex-showroom to start at 7.12, but seems like it's 6.91. Emotion will be available at around 7.7L exshowroom then.

The launch is not handled well by FIAT - where is the marketing engine? Where is the announcement & advertisements. Where the publicity? Even prices of half the models arent available yet.

EDIT: All prices up now. Diesel Emotion pack at 8.12 Ex showroom Bangalore!! This is too good to be true. Absolute VFM!!

And before i forget - sid - great scoop.

Last edited by SkyWalker : 14th January 2009 at 20:34.
Old 14th January 2009, 20:30   #576
Senior - BHPian

Not nice for Fiat to detune both the petrol and diesel engines by about 5bhp :-( Going the HM-Mitsubishi and Honda way ?

Last edited by lancer_rit : 14th January 2009 at 20:33.
Old 14th January 2009, 20:36   #577
BHPian

Details are uploaded on the web site,Site is very well designed full marks for that,and about Engine they might have detunded it for the Indian Conditions,I dont think in actual world it will make any Significant difference,And pricing is very aggressive.
Old 14th January 2009, 20:45   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Not nice for Fiat to detune both the petrol and diesel engines by about 5bhp :-( Going the HM-Mitsubishi and Honda way ?
Nope - giving the Indian market what it wants - better Fuel Efficiency!
Old 14th January 2009, 20:47   #579
Senior - BHPian

One small question. Will the Emotion PK have all the goodies like BLue and ME and Airbags etc...
Old 14th January 2009, 20:49   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
EDIT: All prices up now. Diesel Emotion pack at 8.12 Ex showroom Bangalore!! This is too good to be true. Absolute VFM!!

And before i forget - sid - great scoop.
I'm happy too on this front Sidindica, I thought you were in sleep mode after that adventurous i20 scoop in some showroom. Great work man. Fiat must be thankful to you for making the launch much more exciting. They handle it real bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
That is sad. But Considering the fact that peak torque remains more or less the same, I'm not going to cry over again. I just hope that torque is good right from 1750rpm and peaks at 2500rpm.

Right after 3 months, I buy the Petes tuning box.
Old 14th January 2009, 20:50   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
let us clear some perceptions:

if you think verna is powerful and joy to drive for having 110 bhp, remember it is a powerful diesel mated to a lightweight chassis with narrow tyres. the car can be difficult to control at high speeds, mileage is less than linea and i am aware of the price verna owners pay for keeping the crdi cars-HIGH RATE OF FRONT-END CRASHES and acidents which may lead to total loss of car and, sometimes, life.

the number of verna crdi crashes i have seen in my life is very high, therefore keeping this in mind, fiat guys have not screwed up with the linea's mechanicals.

PERFECTLY SAID BY SID! I was waiting someone to say this. By the way when I return back to India, I will give you a feast of Photos of a TRUE STORY on the same what Sid has just told. I am sure that none of the TBhpian would have seen the pics like that. just for a hint, the incident happened on 24-Dec-2007 and the Verna is still in workshop with quoted repair charges of 3.5 LAKHS!!!

I wont prefer VERNA and not even any cars of 85+ bhp atleast in the roads of kerala. Linea is a perfect balance of power, performance comfort and VFM.
Old 14th January 2009, 21:05   #582
BHPian

The pricing is absolute killer...10/10 FIAT...i love you guyscheers: super VFM vehicle..simple unbelievable
Now ppl will realise how other car mfg are ripping them apart
Pune prices E+ = 8.11 , E = 7.58 ex-showroom
The price sensitive segment (read: Dzire) will surely come into picture

Last edited by TheHorse : 14th January 2009 at 21:07.
Old 14th January 2009, 21:17   #583
BHPian

All the fuss about 5 bhp loss in huge performance difference is being spread by Maruti fanboys .

Last edited by FERRO : 14th January 2009 at 21:23.
Old 14th January 2009, 21:19   #584
Senior - BHPian

So Linea Diesel Emotion Top End now comes cheaper than ANHC (8.12 vs 8.17). Honda will have better performance and badge. Linea will have better fuel efficiency, and comes fully loaded, equal or better space, better handling & dynamics.

Things are getting interesting in C+ segment.
Old 14th January 2009, 21:19   #585
BHPian

Killer pricing by FIAT.Kudos to them !!!

Story till now,

In this segment, people who wants a petrol vehicle and with a budget opted for SX4, people who were able to stretch the budget opted for Honda City. For people who wanted diesel there was no other option than the overpriced, over-powered Verna and Overpriced, under-powered Fiesta.

Story from now,

FIAT comes in with such a feature loaded, appropriately powered Linea at a Killer price. All the people on market for Petrol sedan will opt for this over SX4. There will be people going for City over Linea just for the Honda badge and more power. People who are on the market for diesel will anyday select the Linea over Fiesta and Verna.Some people might still go for Verna because of the Torqey 1.5 CRDI VGT heart.

Both ways FIAT will eat up much into SX4, Verna and City's market share with City losing the least.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks