Old 15th January 2009, 01:17   #631
BHPian

nice pics mate!

the females are as interesting as the car
wish there were more car pics though
Old 15th January 2009, 01:23   #632
BHPian

Linea Launch

The launch was held at Taj Lands End Bandra Mumbai, was attended by majority of the News Chanells and the Auto Magazine Press, started with a Press Conf followed by the Gala Fashion Show by Vikram Phadnis along with the Dancers Of Shamik Davar, Mandira Bedi was the Hostess for the evening, Hpe you have all like the pics that i have taken and uploaded here.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea has arrived-img_3062.jpg  

Old 15th January 2009, 02:29   #633
BHPian

woahhhh. although the lights should be on the car, and only the car. not the models. *drooool* the models.
Old 15th January 2009, 05:11   #634
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics..
Seems Fiat has messed up the launch. Didn't heard on any news channels or any advertisements yet.
Old 15th January 2009, 05:33   #635
BHPian

Geez

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
Vikram Phadnis collection with Shamiks dance troupe For the Linea launch.

Look at those wheels...all dirty..Cant they even get a cleaner car? or detail a dirty one before its upon the ramp.

Fire that guy whose responsible for that dept.

Fiat are you lilstening?
Old 15th January 2009, 06:59   #636
Senior - BHPian

the only curiosity I have is whether the detuning of the engines happened before or after the magazines tested. If after, then it will be more underpowered than what the magazines seem to suggest, which is not a good thing.
Old 15th January 2009, 07:56   #637
BHPian

Great work Ritesh

Wow... Great Pics, seeing all these pics, we got the taste of how it would have been at the launch. The car looks hot. I saw full page ad this morning in Times of india. You looked to be a professional photographer. Nice Cam. Which one is it?

Thanks for sharing these wonderful pics. The car should do well in indian market.
Old 15th January 2009, 08:08   #638
JRD
BHPian

See things on paper are very different from when you actually experience what the drive is like. The fact is that the xylo with all the 112bhp won't have even 50% of the driveability of the linea and if its a matter of overtaking the linea let me assure you after my brief TD on 31st dec, the linea has enough mid range punch to keep it going till 120 and after that its not that the car will just stops, it keeps accelerating at a strong pace.

Also speaking of numbers on paper look at the 118bhp ANHC. After TD the ANHC clearly doesnt have the grunt those 118bhp promised. That doesnt mean the ANHC is slow, its just how the power band is.

I suggest everyone go and drive the linea and then speculate on weather the BHP is just 85. You might be in for a surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post

Of course, I'm sure it'll be quite 'ok' to drive. But picture this, you're on a decent stretch of highway, doing a sedate 80 kmph and an ugly Mahindra Ingenio, with its 112bhp, 240NM torque, 6 people inside, hood scoop and all, overtakes the Linea. Maybe, just maybe, the Linea can muster up enough juice to catch the Ingenio - but it'll be embarrassingly tough. .
Old 15th January 2009, 08:23   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Nice pics..
Seems Fiat has messed up the launch. Didn't heard on any news channels or any advertisements yet.
Not necessarily. Most of these events are not covered live. But post-facto. Moreover, what is the point of "initiating" coverage past midnight.

If we do not hear anything on the media by evening today, we can conclude that FIAL has messed up again.

OT: Was the i20 launch covered by TV channels? I know the print media carried it.
Old 15th January 2009, 08:25   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whenasked View Post
Look at those wheels...all dirty..Cant they even get a cleaner car? or detail a dirty one before its upon the ramp.

Fire that guy whose responsible for that dept.

Fiat are you lilstening?
The CAR (just to be clear ) models on which you can see the wheels are those that seem to have been kept out on the lawn and not the one that was driven in. This can possibly explain the mud.
Old 15th January 2009, 08:28   #641
BHPian

Linea Press Release

Heres the Press Release that followed the Launch
Attached Files
File Type: doc Press Release-Fiat Linea launch-Mumbai.doc (1.33 MB, 757 views)
Old 15th January 2009, 08:50   #642
Senior - BHPian

linea and mandira...both looks hot!!

nice pictures
Old 15th January 2009, 09:17   #643
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone else think the chrome grille looks weird on all colours but on silver - where it looks nice. I thought black looks cooler on the darker shades of the car, at least.
Anyone aware of the OTR prices of the various options for Bangalore ?
Old 15th January 2009, 09:42   #644
BHPian

Saw the First add on CNBC-TV18 today morning.
Old 15th January 2009, 09:47   #645
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...d-img_3037.jpg

the top honchos of a car company, for some reason, none of their pics in all the pics show any enthusiactic about them launching a car that should revive their fortunes in India. For crying out loud this thread has been more enthusiastic. the indian head seems like it well past his bed time, and the Italian head. There are more people here who want this car do succeed. Attitude makes it or breaks it. And I see a very "thanda" attitude from these pics. Fashion Show for launching the linea, couldn't anyone think of something else.:
Closed Thread

Most Viewed