Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2009, 15:16   #691
BANNED

I couldn't really agree this with the statement.

In terms of price Linea competes with Indigo, Logan, Dzire, Aveo, Fiesta, Verna, SX4 & ANHC.

When you compare specs, equipment list & price for these models & variants, except the novelty factor and that it is from Fiat, Linea doesn't offer anything spectacular or is VFM in the segment.

Coming months will tell how public will react to this move from Fiat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Wow... seems like fiat is set to kill all other sedans.
Old 15th January 2009, 15:16   #692
Senior - BHPian

Here you go with the ToI advertisement.
Old 15th January 2009, 15:21   #693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Finally saw the Linea ad on TV on CNBC. Saw only the last part of the ad. ok-ok ad though.

Theme: Dad is so lost looking at the car and his son is trying to pull him out from the showroom or something..
I am missing the girls in the ad who were present at the launch yesterday. My version of the ad goes like this:

A pretty girl sitting at the coffee shop. A guy appearing to be staring at her continuously...The girl gets up to slap the guy but he still doesn't budge or stop looking in the direction where she was sitting.

Reason - He's staring at the Linea which is parked behind the place where the girl was sitting. He's awestruck.

Admire.

Last edited by amtak : 15th January 2009 at 15:29.
Old 15th January 2009, 15:27   #694
Senior - BHPian

Well this would an interesting ad. Would get to see both the beauties. Gal n car
Old 15th January 2009, 15:30   #695
Senior - BHPian

@ amtak,

Great theme for the advt. Write in to the CEO with your idea through their website. I sent a couple of ideas for the Palio few years back but apart from an acknowledgement, nothing happened. Since the Linea is such an important product for them, they may just implement your idea. You could ask them to give you the Linea MJD E+ as your remuneration .

EDIT: Checked out the advert on their website. It's nice. the maroon Linea looks smashing though. I don't know if the car has started growing on me but I am beginning to like the looks now. Still the boot section seems a size large to me.

Last edited by amit : 15th January 2009 at 15:33.
Old 15th January 2009, 15:35   #696
BHPian

Hi everyone... i just went to the newly opened abs motors here in gurgaon to finally have a dekho at the car i v been waiting for almost an year. Abs motors is right next door to ring road honda.So i had the pleasure of looking and feeling both the car s one after the other. For my next car which comes in a month i have 3 options in my mind--- linea petrol,linea diesel or honda smt.

intial imppressions
linea looks good with great interiors. and a lot of lil tit bits thrown
in. the interors are great. thought there was a finishing issue with the centre console at the rear seat. but felt that the materials used were of a good quality. On the other hand the city looks eqeally good on the outside. but the interior are not inspiring. hate the silver in the console. the materials used are of cheap quality but the finishing is better. the doors of city close much better compared to the linea. the overall finish is way better.

have driven the city before but could not drve the linea today as no test drive car was available.

i guess the descision is gonna be made only after i drive both the cars. for me the overall driving experience has to be good.

1. both car look good on the ouside equal marks there.
2. interors and price are better on the linea.
3. overall quality goes to honda
4. brand value honda
5. overall driving experience ????? i think will be better on the city. but will take a call only after driving them both.

my 3-4 cents...
Old 15th January 2009, 15:35   #697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I am missing the girls in the ad who were present at the launch yesterday. My version of the ad goes like this:

A pretty girl sitting at the coffee shop. A guy appearing to be staring at her continuously...The girl gets up to slap the guy but he still doesn't budge or stop looking in the direction where she was sitting.

Reason - He's staring at the Linea which is parked behind the place where the girl was sitting. He's awestruck.

Admire.

I would prefer the Peugeot 607 commercial over this where almost all cars are scared and take cover!

Last edited by anachronix : 15th January 2009 at 15:38.
Old 15th January 2009, 15:39   #698
Senior - BHPian

I tried doing that - I got an error of entering "proper data". Don't know why!

This is what I wanted to convey to Mr. Kapoor. Probably you may send it in case your browser allows:

Dear Mr. Kapoor,

I am a great fan of Fiat brand and would like to suggest a new version of the ad for Linea which is about to go on air soon.

My version of the ad goes like this:

Admire.

The reason I am suggesting this is the present ad is missing the "punch" of admiration. Its easy to miss this ad amongst the current breed of ads.

Do let me know in case you think my idea is worth considering.

Regards,

Amit S Takalkar

Last edited by amtak : 15th January 2009 at 15:45. Reason: Removed my cell nos
Old 15th January 2009, 15:54   #699
BHPian

is the rear ac vent available on the active/dynamic?
Old 15th January 2009, 15:54   #700
BHPian

1. The price difference between Dynamic and Dynamic Pack is about 30K. The only Optional feature in Dynamic listed on website is CD/MP3 player.

So you mean 30K extra for CD/MP3? That's crazy!

2. The price difference between Emotion and Emotion Pack is about 30K Petrol and 60K for MJD. The Optional features in Emotion listed on website are Steering Mounter controls, Blue&ME, Alloys, Airbags.

Just 30K/60K extra for all these extra features has to be a lottery.

Still confused!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
The difference is that the pack versions have optional add-ons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhagathgowda View Post
I believe the pack would include all the optional items of the variant.
Old 15th January 2009, 15:59   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
1. The price difference between Dynamic and Dynamic Pack is about 30K. The only Optional feature in Dynamic listed on website is CD/MP3 player.

So you mean 30K extra for CD/MP3? That's crazy!
Dynamic pack also include - ABS/ EDS
Old 15th January 2009, 16:00   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post

I would prefer the Peugeot 607 commercial over this where almost all cars are scared and take cover!

YouTube - Peugeot 607 fear car
I second that! Fantastic Ad.

However Linea is made to Admire and not Scare so I doubt this would suit her...

Instead we can show as Linea arrives, every other car stops its direction and drives close to Linea admiring. Every roads are empty and the Linea is surrounded by all cars on the road drooling her!

Cheers~
Old 15th January 2009, 16:03   #703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post

Instead we can show as Linea arrives, every other car stops its direction and drives close to Linea admiring. Every roads are empty and the Linea is surrounded by all cars on the road drooling her!

Cheers~
That's not that difficult. Take a pic of the Linea in Mumbai traffic, PS it and use it in print media. Just the kind of images Benny boy clicks of his Ikon.
Old 15th January 2009, 16:06   #704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post

Cheers~
Thats seriously a fantastic idea!

Is the Linea available in White? A White Linea would look really awesome.

Last edited by anachronix : 15th January 2009 at 16:08.
Old 15th January 2009, 16:07   #705
BHPian

Guys...need insight on this...sorry to repeat the question...why does the same Pack (Airbags + Blue & Me + Steering wheel controls) cost more in MJD costs less in Petrol version with Alloys thrown in at no additional cost??
Closed Thread

Most Viewed