Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2009, 16:18   #706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
1. The price difference between Dynamic and Dynamic Pack is about 30K. The only Optional feature in Dynamic listed on website is CD/MP3 player.

So you mean 30K extra for CD/MP3? That's crazy!

2. The price difference between Emotion and Emotion Pack is about 30K Petrol and 60K for MJD. The Optional features in Emotion listed on website are Steering Mounter controls, Blue&ME, Alloys, Airbags.

Just 30K/60K extra for all these extra features has to be a lottery.

Still confused!
Hi,
In dynamic it includes both CD/MP3 player and ABS+EBD.

In Emotion petrol we will get alloy as standard we dont have to go for emotion pack in petrol to get the alloys. Emotion pack for petrol would only include Steering Mounter controls, Blue&ME, Airbags

The emotion pack diesel will have alloys + Steering Mounter controls, Blue&ME, Airbags. may be the extra 30 k is for the alloys in emotion pack for diesel.
Old 15th January 2009, 16:23   #707
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Well, even our beloved t-bhp now has Linea banner ads being served. So this sounds good.

Here is a sample:

Attachment 89807
OT : The same has been blocked. Team-BHP does NOT permit automotive advertising. If you see any others / similar, please PM me (alongwith the ad url).

Thanks
Old 15th January 2009, 16:30   #708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
OT : The same has been blocked. Team-BHP does NOT permit automotive advertising. If you see any others / similar, please PM me (alongwith the ad url).

Thanks
OT again: Why wasn't the Xylo teasers blocked? Mahindra Fan (Just kidding). Aren't these google ads anyways?
Old 15th January 2009, 16:33   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
That's not that difficult. Take a pic of the Linea in Mumbai traffic, PS it and use it in print media. Just the kind of images Benny boy clicks of his Ikon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Thats seriously a fantastic idea!

Is the Linea available in White? A White Linea would look really awesome.
At the moment as per its broucher, only 4 colors are given:
Red
Grey
Champagne
Black

A Red color would do the job perfectly to attract - My view!

Music by Moby or Schiller or other Trance Gurus!

FIAT should also make a Bollywood celebrity a brand ambassador for its cars if it feels confident about its product like Hritik Roshan or Abhishek or Akshay kumar or Shahid. I would had loved to see Aamir Khan but he is already stuck with Toyota!

Cheers~
Old 15th January 2009, 16:35   #710
Senior - BHPian

I would say - Irfan Khan. "Just admire beta".
Old 15th January 2009, 16:39   #711
Team-BHP Support

I am dissapointed with the GC 161mm for diesel. Its way too less. Apart from that looks VFM, rest the market will decide. Its do or die for Fiat this time
Old 15th January 2009, 16:46   #712
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I am dissapointed with the GC 161mm ..
+1. I also have concerns for the GC, combined with increased wheelbase. I think that our Indian Speed breakers will for sure kiss Linea's underside very very often.
Old 15th January 2009, 16:56   #713
BHPian

[quote
FIAT should also make a Bollywood celebrity a brand ambassador for its cars if it feels confident about its product like Hritik Roshan or Abhishek or Akshay kumar or Shahid. I would had loved to see Aamir Khan but he is already stuck with Toyota!
[/quote]

From the above list, not only Aamir but Abhishek also did it for Fiesta!

But, the ongoing recession has made new cars appear w/out Bollywood stars. Hyundai managing it for i20 sans Shahrukh ( Remember i10 ad ....oh he is still doing...proving kappa engine)
Old 15th January 2009, 16:57   #714
Senior - BHPian

I am disappointed with the airbags avaliable only in Emotion option pack for petrol variant. It should have been standard from Dynamic variant. ANHC has airbags standard across the range.

Last edited by amit : 15th January 2009 at 17:16.
Old 15th January 2009, 17:32   #715
Senior - BHPian

Yea Fiat has neglected safety big time to cut on costs. ABS/Airbags should be standard across all variants. These could prove life (or even limb) saving in case of accidents.
Old 15th January 2009, 17:43   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Yea Fiat has neglected safety big time to cut on costs. ABS/Airbags should be standard across all variants. These could prove life (or even limb) saving in case of accidents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I am disappointed with the airbags avaliable only in Emotion option pack for petrol variant. It should have been standard from Dynamic variant. ANHC has airbags standard across the range.
That leaves the option to the buyer to decide if he / she could shell out money to save lives and limbs of his family.

All features at this price??? Impossible!!!

Last edited by kbalii : 15th January 2009 at 17:59. Reason: gender
Old 15th January 2009, 17:55   #717
BHPian

Attitude change

Waah,kya baat hai. What an attitude change.
Just called rama motors, okhla phaseII. The information wasn't great.
I told them i was interested in the petrol version but would test drive the diesel as the petrol isn't available. Got nothing in return. The call was transferred &...

Sir we'll send the car over, your address please, dayafter tomorrow. Right sir.
This impressed me, I've heard this is fiat's policy but it makes you feel really good.
I asked again, will the petrol be available, sir, we'll get back to you with that information.
ps- is the petrol available for test drive?
else i'll go for the diesel, i'm more interested in checking out the suspension,seating,space etc.
Old 15th January 2009, 18:02   #718
Senior - BHPian

Guys any idea how can i get a TD car at home as my dad also needs to see and feel this and he doesn't have the time to do showroom rounds?
Old 15th January 2009, 18:17   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Like many other manufacturers, Fiat prefers to screw the rear centre passenger by not offering a 3-point ELR seatbelt. Three headrests? Yes. Three 3-point belts? No.

Meanwhile, the new i20 seems to offer equal safety protection for all five passengers. Unless I'm mistaken, all passengers receive 3-point ELR belts as standard. And customers have the option of pretensioners, ABS, and six airbags. Hopefully, it does well on the EuroNCAP test later this year unlike the Sonata's lousy results in the IIHS side impact test.
Old 15th January 2009, 18:31   #720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
FIAT provides an option for people to pay and get one. Its for people to decide if their life is worth the extra amount.

You should probably point this frustration to companies like Hyundai - who after charging a ridiculous 10L OTR for Verna CRDI - doesn't even provide an airbags option. How lame is that?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks