Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2009, 18:34   #721
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbalii View Post
That leaves the option to the buyer to decide if he / she could shell out money to save lives and limbs of his family.

All features at this price??? Impossible!!!
Yes but that option is not with all variants. Its not like I can say I just want ABS+ Airbags with my lowest version Linea as I am a safety conscious person. Can I??
Old 15th January 2009, 18:38   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Yes but that option is not with all variants. Its not like I can say I just want ABS+ Airbags with my lowest version Linea as I am a safety conscious person. Can I??
Can you tell which car in the segment other than G3HC is having thiese features across all its variants?
Old 15th January 2009, 18:44   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Can you tell which car in the segment other than G3HC is having thiese features across all its variants?
So, is that an excuse? Come on, for argument sake then, why should Fiat provide Blue and Me if no one else providing?
Old 15th January 2009, 18:49   #724
Senior - BHPian

To me the Fiesta TDCI sales will take a big dip from Linea launch. Verna sales might be affected but people who want more power will prefer the Verna among the 3 diesel cars. Also hightime Verna gets Airbags.

Any idea when other colors will be launched??
Old 15th January 2009, 19:06   #725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
To me the Fiesta TDCI sales will take a big dip from Linea launch. Verna sales might be affected but people who want more power will prefer the Verna among the 3 diesel cars. Also hightime Verna gets Airbags.

Any idea when other colors will be launched??
Probably Verna facelift will be having that but pricing will be an issue then!
Rest of colors i heard will come around march/april

Quote:
+1 to that. IMO all cars in any segment atleast have this as an option on all models. Let people decide if they wanna pay extra for the safety or not.
Old 15th January 2009, 19:23   #726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I am disappointed with the airbags avaliable only in Emotion option pack for petrol variant. It should have been standard from Dynamic variant. ANHC has airbags standard across the range.
Spot on. I also mentioned this in a previous post before the Fiat launch party posts. Metaphorically speaking, they have truly made safety optional and at highest premium ...
Apart from this, its a great car and good pricing.

Last edited by lancer_rit : 15th January 2009 at 19:24.
Old 15th January 2009, 19:51   #727
BHPian

Well I think all the Indian manufacturers treat safety as optional&premium thing. Fiat has a good option to negate the trend and provide safety features on all options. This has proved benefecial for Maruti off late in case of Swift atleast. Could have taken a cue from there.

Coming to the engine spec. I think Fiat has learned that indian customers are largely price driven (some may say value). If 800s could sell in '90s and Altos in 200xs then whats the use putting in a bigger engine which will pull price to another segment. I still believe Linea would be a good overall perfomer though. Indian roads/traffic also doesnt make a mean machine very suitable!!!

Their strategy has been well thought out..All the best to them
Old 15th January 2009, 20:05   #728
BHPian

Why isent anyone D talking about Mandira. lol
Old 15th January 2009, 20:10   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
+1 to that. IMO all cars in any segment atleast have this as an option on all models. Let people decide if they wanna pay extra for the safety or not.
But aren't all the manufacturers guilty here. Why single out Fiat with the Linea?

I mean Maruti the biggest seller and who has made serious money from the country still does not offer proper ABG variants.

Mahindra does not have a single variant with ABG! (And yet they plan to destroy sedans!)

Last edited by Trapezio : 15th January 2009 at 20:11.
Old 15th January 2009, 20:18   #730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
Why isent anyone D talking about Mandira. lol
I was about to... But I guess everyone has been secretly drooling over her (Mandira)

Can you please PM some of the Photos without the Watermark to the Linea Fans?
Old 15th January 2009, 20:19   #731
BHPian

Last Lot of Pics

Heres the Final Lot from the Linea Launch.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea has arrived-linea_launch__mr_rajeev_kapoor__silverio_bonfiglioli.jpg  

Fiat Linea has arrived-linea_launch__mr_rajeev_kapoor__silverio_bonfiglioli1..jpg  

Fiat Linea has arrived-linea_launch__shaimak_dawar_vikram_phadnis_mr_rajeev_kapoor__silverio_bonfiglioli.jpg  

Fiat Linea has arrived-linea_launch_mandira_bedi.jpg  

Old 15th January 2009, 20:21   #732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
But aren't all the manufacturers guilty here. Why single out Fiat with the Linea?

I mean Maruti the biggest seller and who has made serious money from the country still does not offer proper ABG variants.

Mahindra does not have a single variant with ABG! (And yet they plan to destroy sedans!)
Typical indian reaction - pass the buck! Why not take the lead instead (as Honda have done this time with ANHC)?

Fiat wants to be like Maruti or like Honda?

At least ABS should be there in all. Airbags could be made optional on all. As of now if I want ABS/Airbags then I have to pay for that blue and me and red and u thing! I would prefer 6 airbags instead of this toy that works only with smart phones and can potentially (as per muneemmk) screw your phone! Safety is much more of an important feature. Fiat should have taken lead from i20 at least on this.
Old 15th January 2009, 20:44   #733
Senior - BHPian

+1 to what you said Joslicx.
Linea is looking smashing in Red.. So is Mandira! Drool time!!
Old 15th January 2009, 21:45   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Guys any idea how can i get a TD car at home as my dad also needs to see and feel this and he doesn't have the time to do showroom rounds?
just call up the nearby showroom & ask them, in my case they offered themselves. I don't think there should be any problem.
Old 15th January 2009, 22:22   #735
BHPian

Quote:
At least ABS should be there in all. Airbags could be made optional on all.
I fully agree mate. Tata missed this opportunity with the Vista, atleast Fiat could have made up here. I for one would prefer a bare bones car with ABS and airbags, but I guess there are too few of us out there (not on this forum though) for manufacturers to really bother.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks