Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2009, 17:01   #781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Saw the Linea in flesh.

It is not as dashing as Honda but very elegant.
Could not TD.

The doors had that THUD people talk about and was very impressive.

Something tells me, if FIAT rolls out Punto quickly with reasonable pricing, they will start gaining confidence in India again.
Hope they do it soon.

Everybody loves FIAT. Those who dont are only jealous of it and mostly they dont own one.
Fiat should understand that nobody else enjoys the soft corner that it has from the people. [Of course some ppl criticise because of it's A.S.S but not really hate it - they are willing to give a second chance to FIAT]. Fiat should leverage on that. The love for the product is one of the most desired things to achieve by any company and they already have it.

They should keep this enthusiasm with the customers and themselves.

+1. simply love your words there man. are you listening Fiat we need action. why is there still no coverage given to Fiat Linea launch in any of NEWS Channels ? while every channel seems to cover the news of i20, M&M xylo, Sonata ? Fiat Linea cannot be a success on mere Team-Bhp Fanboy support.

Last edited by FERRO : 16th January 2009 at 17:02.
Old 16th January 2009, 17:27   #782
BHPian

+1 from me as well to penpavan on what he said
Old 16th January 2009, 18:03   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharp77 View Post
The guys who have already booked the car... who is going to get the car first. Have the dealer communicated the delivery date to you.
Still no approval from the Bangalore RTO for this new product. It is expected on 29th Jan (as per Concorde guy). Then only they can go ahead with registrations. Funny India, another approval after ARAI.

I think you will start seeing pretty good number of Lineas on road after that. I think the number for first two months is going to be definitely better than ANHC, which has been the leader so far. ANHC is still rarely seen on Bangalore roads, which is quite unusual.
Old 16th January 2009, 18:30   #784
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Any particular reason why we have the Skoda on the top of every page?
*OT Alert* : There is a little bit of history to that. On the top header, we chose the RS for its inherent appeal to enthusiasts. I mean, that was the only true enthusiast car available at one time. Now, we did upload a Jeep, Ambassador, Swift & Civic to shuffle with the RS on the page header. Problem : It was a LOT more complex to get it to work for the forum as compared to the portal (Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Home). Refresh any page on the portal, you will see the cars shuffling!

Don't sweat, we will have this sorted over the next upgrades. And no, we don't have any special favouritism toward Skoda. Quite the contrary actually!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
OT again: Why wasn't the Xylo teasers blocked?
They were as soon as it was brought to our attention.

Last edited by GTO : 16th January 2009 at 18:31.
Old 16th January 2009, 18:45   #785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
So, is that an excuse? Come on, for argument sake then, why should Fiat provide Blue and Me if no one else providing?
Here comes the 'when this is available why not that' question...

You mean to say that you would be happier without the Blue and me option? It could have been a strategic move from Microsoft for all you know. It is a good to have feature and a 'first time' in India. One more USP for the Linea.

Well bottom line: You want ABS / airbags... It comes in the top end. This is not custom made car with options and you end up with a custom car.
Old 16th January 2009, 20:10   #786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbalii View Post
Here comes the 'when this is available why not that' question...

You mean to say that you would be happier without the Blue and me option? It could have been a strategic move from Microsoft for all you know. It is a good to have feature and a 'first time' in India. One more USP for the Linea.

Well bottom line: You want ABS / airbags... It comes in the top end. This is not custom made car with options and you end up with a custom car.
What is so good about this feature? I heard you need smartphones to work with it and as per muneemmk (our resident ex-Fiat guy) it can potentially screw up ur phone!

I'd rather have 6 airbags than this toy. That also would have been a first in its segment feature - only sedan to sport 6 airbags under this side of 10 lakhs!
Old 16th January 2009, 20:17   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
What is so good about this feature? I heard you need smartphones to work with it and as per muneemmk (our resident ex-Fiat guy) it can potentially screw up ur phone!

I'd rather have 6 airbags than this toy. That also would have been a first in its segment feature - only sedan to sport 6 airbags under this side of 10 lakhs!
Maruti ? Honda ? Hyundai ? which cars under 10L gives you that ?
stop

you want Fiat to become bankrupt only to give those 6 airbags along with price tag of less then 10 lakh, where you sleeping when SX4 & DZire or any other similar cars got launched ?

P.S.: you want car with six airbags and side curtain airbag ? Buy Fiat 500 if you can afford that

Last edited by FERRO : 16th January 2009 at 20:21. Reason: spelling mistakes
Old 16th January 2009, 20:17   #788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The same query was clarified immediately. Blue&Me works with most of the phones. Google for the complete list. If his phone got screwed up, then its bad luck. But then its a Microsoft product, so you never know.

Ferro,
Now he'll argue that the i20 offers curtain airbags!
Old 16th January 2009, 20:21   #789
BHPian

Saw Linea in flesh today, would go in for TD on monday, when petrol version TD car arrives. I want to have the feel of both the engines side by side.

Flamingo Red car looked great from all angles except the front.The big silver grill & the chrome beading around it do not gel well.

Which colour will look good with the silver grill on its face with big cat fish eyes? Silver may look good! and also Hip Hop black with contasting chrome & silver.
Old 16th January 2009, 20:30   #790
Distinguished - BHPian

a hands-off look at the Chennai show today --- and it looks very nice.
Old 16th January 2009, 20:33   #791
BHPian

Linea Blue and Me

I can confirm that Blue and Me works on normal bluetooth phone also, I verified this by testing my wife's phone. We first paired the phone to the car system and then made a call also.... unfortunately i dint check the sms and other features of blue and me coz i was running short of time....
Old 16th January 2009, 20:57   #792
Senior - BHPian

Finally FIAT has a car worth matching the competetion with. The LINEA looks promising as most European cars. Just wish they had put in a more powerful deisel :-)

Cheers
Old 16th January 2009, 21:13   #793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRO View Post
Maruti ? Honda ? Hyundai ? which cars under 10L gives you that ?
stop

you want Fiat to become bankrupt only to give those 6 airbags along with price tag of less then 10 lakh, where you sleeping when SX4 & DZire or any other similar cars got launched ?

P.S.: you want car with six airbags and side curtain airbag ? Buy Fiat 500 if you can afford that
So if I want a car with 6 airbags I should have 15 lakhs in pocket? Is that how much curtain airbags cost.
BTW I'm not all impressed with 500! ( probably coz I cant afford it ) I like Linea and Punto though.

And it does not matter if Car company A or B or C doesnt have it. Fiat could have taken the lead and provided them on Linea. Somebody has to take the lead why not Fiat? Why that typical Indian mentality of passing the buck and making excuses instead of doing the job? Are our lives less important than those of americans or europeans?

Personally skeapking I am very much a safety oriented person and I would have appreciated if Fiat had at least given curtain airbags as option. At least allow people to BUY safety!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
The same query was clarified immediately. Blue&Me works with most of the phones. Google for the complete list. If his phone got screwed up, then its bad luck. But then its a Microsoft product, so you never know.

Ferro,
Now he'll argue that the i20 offers curtain airbags!
Not impressed with Blue&Me Sorry! Its useless and will prefer airbags anyday or night over this toy!! You are welcome to have a different opinion - no problems with that.

And are you suggesting i20 doesnt at least offer curtain airbags???
Old 16th January 2009, 21:17   #794
Senior - BHPian

Just curious - Does ANHC provides or offers curtain airbags?
Am aware front ones are standard on all their models.
@joslicx - Yes i agree with your point regarding airbags and Blue & Me. Nothing is above safety for people who really want it (which is most of the people)
Old 16th January 2009, 21:22   #795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not impressed with Blue&Me Sorry! Its useless and will prefer airbags anyday or night over this toy!! You are welcome to have a different opinion - no problems with that.

And are you suggesting i20 doesnt at least offer curtain airbags???
No. I meant you'd argue that there is indeed a sub-10L car which offers curtain airbags

But I do agree with you - Airbags def are worth more than Blue&Me, electric OVRMs and all that.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks