Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2009, 11:57   #811
BHPian

Loved the song more than a car in the Linea TV Advt. Checkout the car in the Mumbai Autoshow, looks good overall package. Things which I disliked the rear leg room considering the length of car, the door handles they look cheap and the bonnet shut lines where it meets the headlights, you can observe the gaps.
Old 17th January 2009, 13:12   #812
BHPian

Latheesh - Whos Macob Wegmann?
Old 17th January 2009, 13:25   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
check out this beautiful Linea video
cool song too - by Macob Wegmann

YouTube - Fiat Linea

The video is nice.

With correct pricing , now it upto FIAT to provide proper delivery and after sales service to keep the Linea sales going up.
Old 17th January 2009, 15:48   #814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
I'd rather have 6 airbags than this toy.
Regarding these posts, I believe most people cannot see value in ABS and Airbags because firstly these are invisible features and secondly they work in the background. That's one of the reasons why base models still have these features as optional.

Sure things are changing and very soon all cars will have ABS and airbags standard. Till then I guess we just have to accept that only top end variants will sport these features.

Honda can afford to have these as standard because people are willing to pay more for a Honda. Tell me, how many people bought the City because it has ABS and/or airbags standard and how many people bought the car saying "Honda hai bhai".
Old 17th January 2009, 19:11   #815
BHPian

booked E+ today

Hi Guys,
Booked E+ MJD(Flemingo Red) today. Wait period is 1 month but I am assured that they will try to get it before 1 month. Seems like booked orders have already crossed 70 figure (with B.U Bhandari alone)
OTR (Pune) - 891631 (with extended warranty)

Could not resist anymore as I was waiting for this beauty for more than 2 years

BTW Booking amount is 50K

Looking forward to taking this beauty home
Old 17th January 2009, 19:17   #816
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Horsey... May the Linea prove to be a lambi race ki ghodi

Have you owned a Fiat before ? Did you observe any difference in the attitude of the sales team n all ?
Old 17th January 2009, 19:21   #817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
Latheesh - Whos Macob Wegmann?
Makob Wegmann: Composer, Arrangeur and Musician +++ www.makob.com
Old 17th January 2009, 19:29   #818
BHPian

The whole attitude has changed..i personally checked pandit and bhandari showrooms here in pune. I've not owned FIAT earlier but my brother owns Palio and I just loved it from the day 1.
And Yes this vehicle is surely 'Lambi Race ka Ghoda' for me so not worried about resale price at all.
Regarding spare parts, I've been assured by TATA showroom manager that spare parts will be cheap and readily available
Old 17th January 2009, 19:45   #819
BHPian

OTR Prices Pune (PCMC)

MJD Linea (with extended warranty with is around Rs. 5350)

Active - 759845
Dynamic - 792520
Dynamic+ - 823016
Emotion - 833908
Emotion+ - 891631
Old 17th January 2009, 20:26   #820
BHPian

OT: Recently some idiot had smashed into my parked palio 1.6 and had happily left , the headlamp assembly was completely SMASHED and the bumper on that side was pointing upwards due the impact , when i went to the sercive station the first thing which hit my mind was the spares coz i knew the head lamp assembly had to be changed and fiat would take time to source it .The manager told me that the car would be delivered i thought this in not possible but to my surprise the car was delivered exactly after one week and it looked brand new.

If FIAT can maintain the same kind of service which i got throught out the country then i think we dont have to worry about spares anymore.
Old 17th January 2009, 20:36   #821
BHPian

I dont think Fiat products will be a hit unless FIAL does something to improve its sales and A.S.S. in TATA dealership.

Today i sent my father and my brother to Tata dealership in madurai to have a look at the car, select a colour and book a Emotion Dielsel variant right then itself. He also took his check book with him(i could not go with them for health reasons). My father returned upset and just said lets not go for fiat. Only when i later inquired my brother he said they were not even welcome in the showroom. A Dynamic variant was shown and asked my father to imagine how Emotion variant will look like. And no test drive was allowed.

If this is attitude Tata dealership has towards selling fiat products, im sure Linea and the yet to be launched Punto will be a super duper flop.
Old 17th January 2009, 20:54   #822
BHPian

Latheesh ---what has Makob Wegmann done for Fiat, sorry for the dumb question.
Old 17th January 2009, 20:57   #823
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan View Post
when i went to the sercive station the first thing which hit my mind was the spares coz i knew the head lamp assembly had to be changed and fiat would take time to source it .The manager told me that the car would be delivered i thought this in not possible but to my surprise the car was delivered exactly after one week and it looked brand new.
Sorry for continuing the OT but which service station did you go to? Not all of them keep their promises you know!
Old 17th January 2009, 21:06   #824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
Latheesh ---what has Makob Wegmann done for Fiat, sorry for the dumb question.
Makob Wegmann is a German composer who composed music/jingles for so many Industrial production houses, few are BMW , Audi etc.

Even I do not know more about this composer. Got this info by googling.

I think this song is specially composed for Linea promotions.
Brazilian Linea ad uses the edited version of this video, but video/song lost its flow in the editing.

I have already written/suggested FIAT India sales to use the same video with some editing ( say 50-70 sec) for Linea TV ads in India.
Old 17th January 2009, 21:08   #825
BHPian

Exactly which song is this?any title?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks