Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2009, 22:38   #931
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRO View Post
so you had to do the usual 3 step U turn
That is precisely my point. Though on paper the turning radius of Linea is much larger than Palio (5.55 as against 5.1), I found Linea easier to handle. On a four laned road, I took a U-turn (no 3 point turn as you have suggested) from the right lane and there was still some gap to go before I encountered the kerb on the other side. My palio, in the same situation, would have gone much closer to the kerb. Don't ask me how this is possible.
Old 21st January 2009, 23:23   #932
BHPian

doesnt this 3-point u-turn depend on the width of the road rather than the turn radius of the car? if the road was wide enough maybe even a Linea could have turned in one go.
Old 21st January 2009, 23:37   #933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse View Post
Anybody aware of pete's box being available for Linea MJD in India?
I checked out their website, it is not listed there
What we know as 'Pete's tuning boxes' are nothing more than PSI motorsport boxes, so you can always check their site instead. Here's the link for the Linea : http://www.psi-motorsport.com/turbod...tid=2032&lg=en

The gains are 12bhp on the regular 90bhp Linea. I'm not sure what that would translate to on our detuned ~85bhp versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocarcr View Post
Also for those people who cannto decide between Linea and other cars I suggest you look at the Linea customised brochure comparison chart.

AUTOCARCR
Your doc has the diesel / petrol variants interchanged, plus numerous inconsistencies in the specs. I suggest you go through the official Linea site for correct specs.
Also correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't most headlight bulbs halogens these days?
Old 22nd January 2009, 08:59   #934
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone noticed the TATA logo along with the Fiat logo in the Linea ad? Free advertising! Fiat should ask Maruti to do the same for sporting its engine!!!
Old 22nd January 2009, 09:30   #935
BHPian

The Tata logo is there in the Ad csue Tata is looking after the Sales and *** of all Fiat models, they share the Showroom as well as the Service centre also its there to make people feel confident about Fiat-Tata.
Old 22nd January 2009, 09:51   #936
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
The Tata logo is there in the Ad csue Tata is looking after the Sales and *** of all Fiat models, they share the Showroom as well as the Service centre also its there to make people feel confident about Fiat-Tata.
I know that. I was just asking if someone has noticed that?
Old 22nd January 2009, 12:00   #937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Has anyone noticed the TATA logo along with the Fiat logo in the Linea ad? Free advertising! Fiat should ask Maruti to do the same for sporting its engine!!!
Was that a joke? Are you not aware that FIAL(Fiat India Auto Limited) is 50-50 JV between Tata and FIAT. And why bring Maruti here. Maruti don't use FIAT built engines. They build their own as they are licensed to do so.
Old 22nd January 2009, 12:27   #938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Was that a joke? Are you not aware that FIAL(Fiat India Auto Limited) is 50-50 JV between Tata and FIAT. And why bring Maruti here. Maruti don't use FIAT built engines. They build their own as they are licensed to do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I know that. I was just asking if someone has noticed that?
Do you think a FIAT fan wouldn't know that? I have already made it very clear in my other post.
Old 22nd January 2009, 12:28   #939
BHPian

Linea leather seat covers

I went to Concorde Motors opposite Christ College to pay up the balance after the company finance. They have put Stanley leather seats. Now the car looks a lot upmarket. They told me that it would cost 40K.

They are preparing the accessories list with price. They told me that I should be able to get the list tomorrow.
Old 22nd January 2009, 12:30   #940
ashwinpak

Shocked!!!

FIAL is not a 50-50 JV between Fiat and Tata.

The swift and Dzire plonks diesel engines built by Fiat.

Quote:

Old 22nd January 2009, 12:33   #941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
They have put Stanley leather seats. Now the car looks a lot upmarket. They told me that it would cost 40K.
Is just the seats or the door pads too? Also, what grade of leather is it? I put Stanley Classic in my SX4 seats (NOT door pads) and it cost me 23K.
Old 22nd January 2009, 13:39   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinpak View Post
Shocked!!!

FIAL is not a 50-50 JV between Fiat and Tata.

The swift and Dzire plonks diesel engines built by Fiat.
OFF TOPIC: (its been discussed many times before why drag it again?)
Maruti only use the Fiat technology to build the Diesel engines and has got nothing to do with Fiat supplying the engines.
Old 22nd January 2009, 13:44   #943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Who provides the license for Maruti to build MJD engines?
Old 22nd January 2009, 15:48   #944
BANNED

To boost Linea sales, Fiat must target taxi-segment with their flagship diesel variant and take the wind out of Innova. They must ensure they replace all Logan taxis plying on city roads. Fiat must offer great discounts & affordable schemes to attract Mumbai taxi owners (who are planning to migrate to WagonR). After all Mumbai taxis are pride of Fiat and must ensure the legacy continues.

Later they must introduce factory fitted LPG & CNG variants to cater to wide market.
Old 22nd January 2009, 16:07   #945
Senior - BHPian

diabloo, hope you know the price of a Logan, WagonR and Linea?

In Blore, Logan D is available for 5 - 5.5 lacs, whereas Linea is priced at 8 lacs onwards.
So Linea doesn't fit the bill for the Taxi market.

Logan D makes a perfect fit, cheaper to own, run and maintain.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed