Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2009, 10:51   #976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
^td car for petrol will only come once some poor unsuspecting soul books one i guess
Concord Motors Velachery says petrol TD car is en-route and is expected to reach Wednesday (tomorrow). He also gave me a break up of the cars they are getting as part of first consignment; something like 7 cars but none with option pack. Apparently FIAT expected more of non option-pack Dynamic and Emotion sales.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 27th January 2009, 10:54   #977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Well there are quite a few remaps available too for this engine here's one of them take a look at it with 120hp and 271NM of torque.
Wow. Nice catch! But is this celtic remap avaliable in India? It's giving more power and torque then PSI Motorsport.

Quote:
Apparently FIAT expected more of non option-pack Dynamic and Emotion sales.
So did a lot of 'experts'.

Still, I guess the Emotion option pack variants should be in demand in the metro's. Smaller cities should see a healthy demand for dynamic and Emotion non-optioned pack models.

Last edited by amit : 27th January 2009 at 10:56.
Old 27th January 2009, 10:55   #978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineshine View Post
Both the PSI Motorsports and Petes are using the same tuner

Petes is just importing PSI Motorsports device and relabelling as Petes.
A friend mentined that the Pete's box for Swift has more peak torque than the Pete's box for Linea. Does abnyone has Swift's petefied numbers?

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 27th January 2009, 11:01   #979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
Hello All,

I plan on buying the Emotion Pack Linea black colour in Pune.

I test drove the car and really liked it. It does take a little effort to overtake sometime but other than that it's great.

Am undecided between buying it from BU Bhandari or Pandit Auto. Pandit is Rs. 1,000 - Rs. 2,000 cheaper and located right next to my office. BU has been much more responsive and is promising a faster delivery date. If any Puneites have any experience please share them with me.

Thanks!
Go to Pandit. I didn't find BU Bhandari that professional. Couple of months back when I took TD of Palio MJD, one of the guy brought me a car which was supposed to be delivered to some one and he had disconnected the speedo. When queried, he said everyone does the same!

So you never know if you buy car from Bhandari, it must have been already abused!

In Pandit I observed that all the TD vehicles are marked as Test Drive.
Old 27th January 2009, 11:30   #980
Senior - BHPian

On last Saturday afternoon I visited the TATA-FIAT showroom at Barakhamba Road, New Delhi. A silver Linea-Dynamic was on display and a black Emotion was for TD. I'm totally flattered after inspecting the car.

Few thoughts

The Car is huge for the price. The overall look from the front, rear and side is a class. Wheel cover of Dynamic pack looks like an Alloy from distance.

Build quality is awesome. Feel the quality of body metal by just hitting it over the middle of door panel or in the center of bonnet. Closing the doors makes the impression of that quality and makes us feel that we are safe inside (not Palio like ‘thug’ sound but some new ‘ghum’ sound)

In the Emotion Pack, inside looks more soothing to eyes and the fit and finish is superb. The Dymanic pack feels cheap and dull.

Equipments level is great in the Emotion pack. (Side and Curtain Airbags could have been given as an option – inspired from i20 spec) Really VFM in Safety and Equipment level.

Steering is great to hold and grip level is good.

Front leg room is ample, rear too ok in my case (5’9’’ tall).

Boot is extremely large and clean designed. Will be little difficult to load extreme large luggage due to the short boot lid opening area and the still over the bumper.

Will take TD sometimes this week and let you know more about the drive, pickup and handling.

Warm Regards
Old 27th January 2009, 12:45   #981
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys,

any one had a chance to see Black Linea Emotion Pack in flesh.
if so,how it looks and give your comments and post photos please...

Last edited by aks_karthik : 27th January 2009 at 12:49.
Old 27th January 2009, 13:37   #982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Hey Guys,

any one had a chance to see Black Linea Emotion Pack in flesh.
if so,how it looks and give your comments and post photos please...
I saw a black emotion option pack with the dealer here in Navi Mumbai on 23/1, Friday, when i went for a TD. The dealer said a customer ordered one but changed his colour prefrence to maroon at the last minute.

To me, it looked fabulous. Very luxurious, refined and stately kind of look. It looked great. Most cars in black look great but only when they are shiny and we all know how tough it is to keep black shining .
Old 27th January 2009, 13:40   #983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I saw a black emotion option pack with the dealer here in Navi Mumbai on 23/1, Friday, when i went for a TD. The dealer said a customer ordered one but changed his colour prefrence to maroon at the last minute.

To me, it looked fabulous. Very luxurious, refined and stately kind of look. It looked great. Most cars in black look great but only when they are shiny and we all know how tough it is to keep black shining .
Right! :(
BTW, is it metallic black or the normal one?
Old 27th January 2009, 14:39   #984
Senior - BHPian

the thing is , i already booked Linea Emotion Pack in Medium Gray.
But it will be available only by Feb 15.
If the Black is good,i'll get deliver the car immediately, as it's with dealer now.
so the dilemma.
But my Dad is deadly againt to BLACK color.
I prefer black though.Already i owned Black WagonR too.
Maintaining the car is very tough.
I engage a boy to wash the car every day.still it get dust immediately while parking the car in somewhere.
any how I'll finalize by today evening after seeing the car in the dealer's yard.
Old 27th January 2009, 14:50   #985
BHPian

Quote:
But my Dad is deadly againt to BLACK color.
I prefer black though.Already i owned Black WagonR too.
Maintaining the car is very tough.
I am in the same domain, I love the black... Linea in black with the Chrome looks awesome and it goes really well with the beige interiors... but My dad is dead against black and hence i chose for the next best color (Flemenco Red)....
Old 27th January 2009, 14:55   #986
Senior - BHPian

Hi K,

Black is heavy on maintenance (Dirt gets highlighted pretty quickly ). Also elders have quite a sentiment against black. One other issue with ready available car at Dealers is those cars may have been used for test drives. So considering all this it is better to wait. This is just my opinion.

cheers:
DieselFan
Old 27th January 2009, 15:17   #987
Senior - BHPian

yes Dieselfan,

what you said is 100% true.
But these car is taken from yard to Showroom today only for me to closely look into it.
All dealers have a Demo car with DEMO stickering especially in Flamenco Red.
I saw Flamenco Red,Medium grey.in between i love to have grey color.
it suits linea very much and looks cool,big,neat and lavish.
But sure,Black will be the most beautiful color in any cars.
especially sedans.
let's see.I'll confirm once i see balck color in showroom by today evening.
Old 27th January 2009, 15:29   #988
BHPian

Quote:
If the Black is good,i'll get deliver the car immediately, as it's with dealer now.
Hi,
Which dealer has a black Linea? I'm trying to decide between black and red, but haven't seen a black one in person yet.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 27th January 2009, 21:32   #989
Senior - BHPian

I have seen Black Color Linea Emotion Pack in VST Anna Nagar.
But it's already booked.
Car looks damn good and my wife is totally sold for it.
But i booked Medium Grey.so if i need to change the color,seems it's a big process to follow.
any how my Sales person asked me for two days and will confirm the choice of color.

Check the Black Beauty
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea has arrived-27012009267.jpg  

Fiat Linea has arrived-imag0075.jpg  

Last edited by aks_karthik : 27th January 2009 at 21:41.
Old 27th January 2009, 22:41   #990
Senior - BHPian

OT: I wish I wasn't getting married this year, I too would have been writing a post which read "Fiat Linea Booked in Flamingo red: EDIT: Now Delivered".

Alas, after all happiness is not everything!

Topic Related: Did any one notice that Fiat is not making the Linea available to all the TATA dealers. It is indeed a good thing. In Mumbai, not all showroom of Wasan are getting the Linea, which I feel is a good thing. Wasan guys have always given Fiat the Step Motherly treatment and now I am happy that Wasan is not getting the Moolah that they could have earned if they would have given similar importance to Fiat cars as well.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks