Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2009, 11:37   #1006
JRD
BHPian

Lot of Linea's met with an accident in transit.

Hey everyone,

as some of you know i was the first one to book my linea on 31st December and was scheduled to get the first piece off the factory. But then the Gujarat launch was delayed till the 20th January and hence i was promised my delivery on the 22nd of January. Waiting eagerly days passed and it was the 27th of January and still no sign of the car.

Called the dealer and was informed that the container with 7 linea's(3 for my dealer and 4 for the other dealer) had toppled near Bharuch and hence the delay. A new lot has been sent out and expected to come in 7 days.

I kind of trust the dealer as we know them personally but have a bit of doubt about the excuse.

If any one from ahmedabad has booked with Cargo Motors (other dealer) kindly let me know if the story matches.

Thanks
JRD
Old 29th January 2009, 12:27   #1007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
Called the dealer and was informed that the container with 7 linea's(3 for my dealer and 4 for the other dealer) had toppled near Bharuch and hence the delay. A new lot has been sent out and expected to come in 7 days.
Thanks
JRD
Thats makes the PDI more so relevant. Have the PDI checklist handy.
I've been carrying it in my pocket since the day I booked emotion pack
Old 29th January 2009, 13:02   #1008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Congrats Sandeep. In the brochure white color wasnt mentioned. I think red, silver, golden and black were only colors mentioned in the brochure. I wanna know if the sky blue silver is expected by April.
The brochure provided to customers mentions only 4 colors. But the sales guys have a small detailed brochure which shows three more colors (Misty White, a sort of pale green or blue [not sure] and silver). They dont usually show it to customers, but since i wanted white, the guy was kind enough to show me his brochure and mentioned that i can go for white and will be available by first or second week of Feb.

Also while going through their brochure i found that the current silver color available in showroom is mentioned as Silver and not minimal grey. Minimal grey picture shown was way different from our current silver available in showrooms.
Old 29th January 2009, 13:27   #1009
Senior - BHPian

Whether Silky Blue color is available right now.
I am very interested in that color but due to unavailability till april09 as said by Sales Guy, i booked Silver(Medium Grey)
Old 29th January 2009, 14:50   #1010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Whether Silky Blue color is available right now.
I am very interested in that color but due to unavailability till april09 as said by Sales Guy, i booked Silver(Medium Grey)

I think dealers are taking bookings for white only , ( ie among the unavailable colors). I just hope they start taking bookings for Sky blue silver. I havent yet TD the Linea. The dealer said for next few days only people who book or who have booked the car will get the TD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep_vgl View Post
The brochure provided to customers mentions only 4 colors. But the sales guys have a small detailed brochure which shows three more colors (Misty White, a sort of pale green or blue [not sure] and silver). They dont usually show it to customers, but since i wanted white, the guy was kind enough to show me his brochure and mentioned that i can go for white and will be available by first or second week of Feb.

Also while going through their brochure i found that the current silver color available in showroom is mentioned as Silver and not minimal grey. Minimal grey picture shown was way different from our current silver available in showrooms.

Thanks for the info Sandeep. Hoping the sky blue silver is available by April atleast. But when i asked the salesmen he told me it ll take 4-5 months for that color.
Old 29th January 2009, 15:41   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
I havent yet TD the Linea. The dealer said for next few days only people who book or who have booked the car will get the TD.
Karan - I was in CBE last weekend, visited the dealer on Saturday, oh boy-o-boy, the car looks gr8 in flesh... the dealer had a red TD car that was just going for registration and the salesman promised a TD anytime after Mon (26th), so you should probably ask them for a TD now...

OT: I will buzz you when I visit CBE next time

Last edited by AirWind : 29th January 2009 at 15:44.
Old 29th January 2009, 15:44   #1012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think dealers are taking bookings for white only , ( ie among the unavailable colors). I just hope they start taking bookings for Sky blue silver. I havent yet TD the Linea. The dealer said for next few days only people who book or who have booked the car will get the TD.
That is not a fair practice. Does the dealer want the person to pay up front and then ask for the test drive? What if I don't like the car post the drive? Would my money be returned 100%? And yes, would I also get interest on the money that the dealer has rolled in the market.
Old 29th January 2009, 15:56   #1013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
That is not a fair practice. Does the dealer want the person to pay up front and then ask for the test drive? What if I don't like the car post the drive? Would my money be returned 100%? And yes, would I also get interest on the money that the dealer has rolled in the market.
Amit, They actually told me to come anytime on Wed for a TD. When i asked for TD they were like right now TD car is mostly given to people who booked / who are gonna book. They have told me that they will bring the TD car to my place in few days. Lets see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Karan - I was in CBE last weekend, visited the dealer on Saturday, oh boy-o-boy, the car looks gr8 in flesh... the dealer had a red TD car that was just going for registration and the salesman promised a TD anytime after Mon (26th), so you should probably ask them for a TD now...

OT: I will buzz you when I visit CBE next time
Arvind, yeah the TD car was ready on Tuesday . But i was out of town. The salesman told me to come on wed. When i went there yesterday the TD car wasnt there. They told me ill get a TD in few days. Yeah do buzz me next time you come.

Last edited by karanraheja : 29th January 2009 at 15:58.
Old 29th January 2009, 16:07   #1014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Amit, They actually told me to come anytime on Wed for a TD. When i asked for TD they were like right now TD car is mostly given to people who booked / who are gonna book. They have told me that they will bring the TD car to my place in few days. Lets see.
Ah okay! But I am still somehow not convinced with their statement. Post the Test drive you may also "wanna" book the car. So somehow the whole purpose is defeated when they say it.

Anyhow, lets just hope that they stick to their words.
Old 29th January 2009, 16:08   #1015
Senior - BHPian

Test drove the Linea today and I am hopelessly in love with it.

The first and second gears are very short which me thinks is for luggability since the engine isnt high on cubic capacity.
The interiors are very nice but some of the plastic bits were cheap for a car of this segment.
The ride is execellent and the body roll is well contained.

Now I come to the most impressive bit which undoubtedly are the looks! Its one of those cars which isnt just designed to sell in numbers else how would you explain the tight headroom which could have been corrected had they not gone if for that sexy curvy roof which gives it the side profile to die for. How about the clean back which looks as soft as a baby's behind but rivals JLO for curves. Its simple, You see it and you want it even before you have gone through the specifications sheet or knowing how much power and torque the engine makes or how it rides or handles or how comfortable and luxurious the interiors are. Its utterly gorgeous!
Its one of those rare cars of today which sacrifices function for form and for that reason alone I would buy it. Bring it on Fiat!
Old 29th January 2009, 16:25   #1016
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ah okay! But I am still somehow not convinced with their statement. Post the Test drive you may also "wanna" book the car. So somehow the whole purpose is defeated when they say it.

Anyhow, lets just hope that they stick to their words.
Well i didnt mind when he said TD car has gone to people who have booked it. But i didnt expect him to say its mostly for people who ll book it. Anyways i guess i ll get a TD only after 2-3 days (hopefully). Yup still not yet decided between Linea vs City.
Old 29th January 2009, 16:33   #1017
BHPian

Petrol Linea test drive vehicle has arrived in Pandit Auto Pune. 40 diesel were booked. waiting period increased to 6 weeks.

None of the petrol is booked yet.
Old 29th January 2009, 16:49   #1018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Petrol Linea test drive vehicle has arrived in Pandit Auto Pune. 40 diesel were booked. waiting period increased to 6 weeks.

None of the petrol is booked yet.
40 at Pandit. let us assume 10 at each major TATA Fiat dealer. How many are we expecting to be sold in the first month? I know the initial target is of 2400?

Have they achieved it?
Old 29th January 2009, 16:50   #1019
Senior - BHPian

Saw a Linea fresh on road

Saw a 'Perla Champagne' colored Linea, freshly delivered I guess, with the red ribbons near Mattikere today.
Wow, what a beauty Linea is.
Couldn't check her out closely or take any pics as I was driving the opposite way
Old 29th January 2009, 16:56   #1020
BHPian

Quote:
40 at Pandit. let us assume 10 at each major TATA Fiat dealer. How many are we expecting to be sold in the first month? I know the initial target is of 2400?

Have they achieved it?
2400 in the first month is definitly achivable. Today I went to Pandit at 2 in the noon, thought this time will give me pleasent time to explore the Linea but there were 5-10 customers alredy looking at the Linea.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks