Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2009, 23:16   #1051
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
the remaining 3 shades-white, light bluish silver (azure) and dark grey will be coming in march end-first week of april.
Sid dude, any info on when Cool Jazz blue color will be here in India? What about other colors listed in the Europe Linea website? Bless us with more info mate
Old 3rd February 2009, 15:50   #1052
Distinguished - BHPian

response to my email @ ceo corner on the Fiat Website

Dear Prasad,
We have plans for having an automatic version of the Linea with a higher engine capacity. But things are quite sublime right now. But we do have plans for the premium Linea.

Regards,
Rajeev Kapoor

Hi Rajeev,

Appreciate the prompt response.

However I would like to know if there will be better engine options for the already launched Linea in the near future as I am contemplating purchasing Linea with either a T-jet or a more powerful Diesel.

Thanks & Regards,
KRISHNA PRASAD N
Old 3rd February 2009, 16:07   #1053
Senior - BHPian

The more i see the Linea on the road in comparison with other cars the more im falling in love with it.
Old 3rd February 2009, 17:13   #1054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
The more i see the Linea on the road in comparison with other cars the more im falling in love with it.
Lucky You. Yet to see a single Linea in NCR (I travel in Noida,faridabad,Delhi and Gurgaon).
Old 3rd February 2009, 17:29   #1055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Gogi Bhai, completely agree with you on this. Looks like an Audi A4 (old gen) and it simply rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Lucky You. Yet to see a single Linea in NCR (I travel in Noida,faridabad,Delhi and Gurgaon).
I saw only 1 but in black and was smitten by her looks!
Old 3rd February 2009, 18:03   #1056
Senior - BHPian

I have been seing a RED LINEA quite regularly near my place. defiently has a lot of road presence. but as you guys point out, not that many on road..

but then, in these times, most cars in this segment are anyway not selling in huge numbers..
Old 3rd February 2009, 19:05   #1057
BHPian

OT:
Fiat lacks unique Logo I mean something that will make the brand stand out from others like the 3 pointed stars or Audi type. Ford & Fiat are still stuck up with ugly looking logos on cars.
Old 3rd February 2009, 19:07   #1058
Senior - BHPian

Ferro, the new Fiat logo on maroon background does look good!
Old 3rd February 2009, 19:44   #1059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Ferro, the new Fiat logo on maroon background does look good!

its not something distinctive I mean Fiat don't have some artistic logo like hondas [H] or hyundai's H, Mitsubishi logo, every brand has got some cool looking logo instead of name being spell out. even the Suzukis stylish S stands out of the crowd.

Last edited by FERRO : 3rd February 2009 at 19:46.
Old 3rd February 2009, 20:42   #1060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRO View Post
its not something distinctive I mean Fiat don't have some artistic logo like hondas [H] or hyundai's H, Mitsubishi logo, every brand has got some cool looking logo instead of name being spell out. even the Suzukis stylish S stands out of the crowd.
You are right.
Fiat had a logo with 4 slanted lines like llll, I think in Sienna. But I don't think that logo is in use now.
Old 5th February 2009, 09:06   #1061
BHPian

What happened to the delivery of Linea in Bangalore. I remember there were 3-4 guys who booked the Linea in Bangalore. Has any one got the delivery of their car.
Old 5th February 2009, 11:29   #1062
Senior - BHPian

I am liking the way Fiat/Tata are handling the Linea. So for their marketing and advertising is sustained and I am getting regular emails from them with details on test drives. Today's email talks shows the awards the car has won.

- UTV AutoCar India COTY 2009.

- UTV AutoCar Best Midsize car 2009.

- OD Mid-size COTY 2009.

- BBC Top Gear Mid size saloon 2008.

Fortune Motors have called me three times trying to entice me into buying the car. Sure, when I told them I was waiting for the Punto, they tried to pull a fast one by telling me that the Punto would be out only by the year end but that's just sales talk, not something I would hold against them. Point is the sales team is showing interest in selling the car and it's showing.

Concorde called me yesterday saying they got my number through the interest I had expressed through the Linea's teaser site before it's launch.

Wasan Marine Lines called me and when I told them I was in Chembur, they said the car was on display at their Chembur showroom and they would arrange for someone to show me the car if I would confirm the day and time I would like to visit their Chembur showroom.

Looks like the sales team is pretty motivated about the Linea and that's a good thing. I have always said that the lethargy shown towards selling the Palio is because it's a difficult car to sell thanks to all the negitivity around it. Looks like the encouraging response to the Linea has really motivated the sales force to try and push the car more.

What this means is Fiat and Tata have a potential best seller which is now, also, backed by a enthusiastic sales force. Whether things get better or the Palio history repeats itself is now, IMO, entirely in Fiat's hands.
Old 5th February 2009, 13:57   #1063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharp77 View Post
What happened to the delivery of Linea in Bangalore. I remember there were 3-4 guys who booked the Linea in Bangalore. Has any one got the delivery of their car.
I had booked a Petrol Linea, I would be getting mine on the 20th of Feb.....
Old 5th February 2009, 13:58   #1064
BHPian

FIAL is a 50:50 jointventure between TATA and FIAT.
So wouldn't TATA be shooting itself in the foot if it gives step-motherly treatment towards FIAT?

How long is this joint venture valid?
We saw the mahindra-renault fall apart easily. Can we be rest assured that FIAT will always have TATA to backup atleast till after 5 years?
Old 5th February 2009, 14:11   #1065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkywinky View Post
I had booked a Petrol Linea, I would be getting mine on the 20th of Feb.....
Amazing......
I would love to hear from you about your TD experience and do post the pics once you get the car.. What colour have you opted for?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks